Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Battery Terminal ? (I30-specific)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 AM

Battery Terminal ? (I30-specific)

Hey Guys - quick question....I am currently installing 2 new amps in my car and I also want to do the Big 3 upgrade in the process. I'm thinking of buying new batt terminals (stinger expert series) both (+) and (-) sides. Here's my question....on the left side of the battery there is a fuse which connects directly into the factory positive battery cable. Anyone know what this is? Also, has anyone replaced the (-) cable completely? If so, please let me know if there is a write up available. Basically, I am looking to do something like this: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...185_3_full.jpg

Yea - I know this is an "Audio" forum question but, from what I can tell, the 5th Gens didn't come with fuse on the left side of the battery.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by I30 Boogie
Hey Guys - quick question....I am currently installing 2 new amps in my car and I also want to do the Big 3 upgrade in the process. I'm thinking of buying new batt terminals (stinger expert series) both (+) and (-) sides. Here's my question....on the left side of the battery there is a fuse which connects directly into the factory positive battery cable. Anyone know what this is? Also, has anyone replaced the (-) cable completely? If so, please let me know if there is a write up available. Basically, I am looking to do something like this: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...185_3_full.jpg

Yea - I know this is an "Audio" forum question but, from what I can tell, the 5th Gens didn't come with fuse on the left side of the battery.

Thanks!
Wish I could tell you, but all I've ever done is add power cables off the stock positive terminal. You may want to look into the FSM, it might give some insight: http://www.phatg20.net/modules.php?n...ownload&cid=59
Old 06-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That fuse on your battery cable

This is a fusible link. It's a fuse that regulates positive flow from the battery to prevent any surges that may damage the brain. I have one on my Infiniti I30t that took me a visit to the Infiniti dealer to find out what I had to buy to replace it
Old 06-03-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ayonko
This is a fusible link. It's a fuse that regulates positive flow from the battery to prevent any surges that may damage the brain. I have one on my Infiniti I30t that took me a visit to the Infiniti dealer to find out what I had to buy to replace it
You just answered a 10 year old post. I doubt if those guys are around here any more.
Old 10-08-2023, 04:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
You just answered a 10 year old post. I doubt if those guys are around here any more.
Helped me 8 years later