Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

PA Pittsburgh - 1985 Maxima Sedan w/ Electronics Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

1985 Maxima Sedan w/ Electronics Package SOLD

SOLD

**If you're at all interested, please don't be afraid to throw me an offer**

The time has come, my max needs to find a new home.

1985 Maxima sedan, V6, Auto, 193K
Gray two-tone w/ gray leather interior, electric seats, electronics package. Digital cluster, computer, original Clarion stereo and equalizer, voice warning box, auto climate control, power antenna, all working.

This car was purchased brand new in Texas in 85 by my grandmother. I bought it from her a few years ago. They were going to scrap it, I said NO WAY! Too cool to scrap.

Cruise control light comes on in dash, but cruise doesn't currently work.

Does have door lock buttons on outside handles, they do light up, I have no idea what the master code is and Nissan wasn't able to help me out on that when I last asked in 2015.

Replaced in last 1500 miles: Every piece of rubber underneath that I could source. Control arm bushings, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, radial arm bushings, strut mounts, etc. etc. All struts are new OEM, new brakes all around. Also did a lengthy coolant flush. New CV boots on the passenger side. New transmission fluid.

Have also replaced the rubber lines on top of and around the fuel tank (which was squeaky clean inside last time I looked), the ignition module, plugs, wires, some vacuum hoses. Tires have good tread, rears are basically brand new.

Being that it was a Texas car most of its life, there is no rust on it. However, there is sun damage, fading on the top of the car/hood/trunk, and the leather on the seats needs to be replaced. Are they still functional as is? Sure. I've been driving it. Would they look a lot better redone? Most definitely. Paint on top also has small damage spots from pine tree sap.

Has power steering leak from the hose that's hard to get to on the driver's side. Will do the sunroof leak if you take it through a carwash. One rear window doesn't roll down. Has small hole in exhaust pipe right in front of the muffler. Someone recently whacked (and drove off, of course) the rear bumper when I had it out of the garage. The metallic strip on the fuel gauge arm in the tank is worn, so the cluster won't read above 3/4 of a tank when it's full.

Does have current PA inspection/emissions stickers if that matters to you. Currently registered, insured, clean PA title.

I need room to focus on my Corona project, it needs to go to a new home where someone has more time to enjoy it. $1200 obo, would drive it anywhere. Don't be afraid to make offers, text 405 535 9325 if you have any questions. Thanks! - Ben

$1200 obo

Last edited by madarua; 10-23-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Sold 10/23/17
Old 09-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

More pictures...