Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

CA San Diego 2005 SE 6MT Elite Package for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:10 PM

San Diego 2005 SE 6MT Elite Package for sale

This is a difficult thread to start. After more than 6 years together, I'm selling my 2005 6MT with 154K miles. It's Liquid Silver with the Frost interior (light silver outside, gray interior).

After more than two months of searching every night, I found a one owner 2005 G35 6MT that I bought. VQ love, brah! I can't give up the VQ35, not even after 7.5 years of driving them. This Maxima wore a VQ35DE license plate for 5.5 years. The love is strong with this one.

Pictures are in a Flickr album, which, apparently, the forum knows how to import! Cool!

I tried to take pictures of everything that's wrong with it (just for you guys! Not doing this for the local CL post!) so you can more honestly evaluate the condition of the car.

The Maxima has literally every option. Literally. Every. Option.

Go down the Maxima's build sheet. If there's an O, this Maxima has it. (Okay, so everything but the Xenon delete!)
Options:
  1. Premium Audio package, aka Bose 6-disc CD player. Previous owner paid for a professional bluetooth voice integration.
  2. Sensory package: Heated leather seats! Auto-dimming mirror! Xenon low/high beams!
  3. Driver preferred package: Heated, auto-dimming side-view mirrors! Heated steering wheel!
  4. Moonroof
  5. Navigation: Bought the 2014 DVD update for it. Good stuff.
  6. Factory Chrome 18" wheels... Er, well, it came with them but the previous owner let them flake to death and the tire bead wouldn't seal anymore. It is now riding on gray 18x8 Moda MD-14s purchased to replace the chrome boat anchors.
  7. Elite Package: Don't know what this is? It's super rare. Like, ridiculously rare. It has 2+2 seating with a huge rear center console and incredibly comfortable heated rear bucket seats instead of a bench. This package includes power folding side-view mirrors, one-touch window switches for all 4 windows (so your key fob rolls them all down, not just the front two) and a rear power shunshade (like a frickin' E-Class!).
  8. SIX-SPEED MANUAL. No LSD.

I'm the third owner. Clean Carfax, but there are signs I discovered (too late) that the rear passenger side has been worked on at some point.

Okay, so you read all that. Why am I selling it? Welp, I've spent a lot of money on it to fix the ABS system, but it looks like the ABS actuator needs to be replaced to restore ABS/TCS. No check engine light, but I've got a wheel speed sensor disconnected, so all the ABS-related lights are on.

I can rattle off all the money I've dumped into the car, but it's kind of embarrassing. The major highlights:
  • Several pre-cats, (car was smogged this March in California)
  • Several sets of Contintental DWS Extreme tires (now has 2 Continental Extreme DW summer tires on the front with about 800 miles on them and 2 DWSes in the back that have 7/32" tread left)
  • Lots of expensive Centric pads and rotors (about 1000 miles on the current brakes)
  • Replaced the seat cushion on the driver's seat because previous owner was very heavy and crushed the foam
  • New transmission at 60K miles under the previous owner. No idea why. Previous owner destroyed the reverse lockout and messed up the 5th gear bushing, so you have to aim for 5th instead of just shoving the shifter as far up-and-to-the-right as it'll go. Same for 6th, you can accidentally buzz it off reverse if you miss a 4->6 shift. Thanks, owner #2!
  • Timing chain tensioners done at 120K miles. Car comes with bonus timing chain + the actual camshat chains I didn't replace at the time.
  • Iridium plugs done at 110K miles.
  • New shocks front + rear at 145K miles. OEM KYB GR-2/Excel Gs. I think we rotated the spring slightly when doing the shocks, so the front passenger corner squeaks rubber against metal when the car is first moved in the cold.
  • New clutch pedal at 120K miles, with extra welds added to the failure point on the OEM design
  • New upstream O2 sensors, both banks, at 145K miles.
  • Transmission mount at 140K miles, engine mounts more than once in the past 50K miles. Hard driving + 6MT + Nissan = blown mounts
  • New rear ABS sensors + wheel hub assemblies at 140K miles
  • Another new wheel hub last week, $585 in a gamble that just maybe the actuator wasn't bad. Well... It is.

Only modification to it is NWS's CNC phenolic plastic intake spacers, the full 7 piece set. Also swapped out the front swaybar bushing for something firmer at 95K miles. I'm sure it's nice and mushy now. Oh, and I removed all the Helmholtz resonators from the intake. Kept them in a bag, if you want 'em. Engine snarls more when you put your foot down with those removed, does nothing to performance.

Oil changes every 6000 miles, Mobil 1 0W-40 is what I've been using. Occasional drip from the oil pan or drain pan plug, I can't figure out which. Pan was removed during the timing chain tensioner job, and the liquid gasket might need refreshing 3 years later.

Uses about half a quart every 600-1000 miles. I've been almost exclusively driving city miles the past two years, I have a 5 mile commute straight up and down hills, so the oil consumption seems higher than it would be for someone living somewhere more reasonable. Definitely better compression and less oil loss than my '03 Maxima had at 120K miles.

Changed the gear oil at 125K miles with Redline MT-85.

Besides the ABS not working, the only other mechanical issue I'm aware of is the front motor mount starting to make noise. Again.

Body is not in pristine condition. I'd say 7/10. Some scratches, some door dings, and the front bumper should be swapped out for a fresh one. It did a crap-ton of highway miles with owner #1, so the bugs and rock chips really chewed it up, then I went and took my foot off the clutch with the car in gear and put a nice crease right in the middle of the thing. Oops. But I've washed and waxed it regularly, so the paint's in excellent condition. It's been garaged for at least my ownership, looks like the previous owners also kept it inside.

The interior's an 8.5/10. There is wear on the side bolstering of the driver's seat, but the rest of the inside's in excellent shape. I bought a new OEM shift **** a while ago, so even that bad boy's a pleasure to hold. The upholstery shop did mess up the rear console's lid, though. It needs to be persuaded to be back on its track so it'll properly open all the way. The rear passenger-side window squeaks when rolling down, but everything works.

Despite the lack of ABS, I'm asking $4500 because you will literally never find another 2+2 6MT Maxima out there. I don't have to sell in a hurry, but I'm willing to negotiate on the price.
Attached Thumbnails San Diego 2005 SE 6MT Elite Package for sale-34033279812_86d96151ef_k.jpg   San Diego 2005 SE 6MT Elite Package for sale-34033267272_e2df41a8aa_k.jpg   San Diego 2005 SE 6MT Elite Package for sale-34149886006_f976edb37d_k.jpg  

Last edited by Eirik; 06-01-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 PM

Whoops, I had the wrong privacy settings on that Flickr album so none of the pictures would show up. Fixed.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:40 AM

lots of info, great thread, glws
Old 06-09-2017, 11:16 AM

Thanks, Prophecy! I'm putting it up on the local CL today, so we'll see what local interest there is.

Also, I appreciate your contributions to the forums over the years, man. I'll miss guys like you. The G35 guys aren't quite as helpful and amazing as the Maxima OGs.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:57 PM

Finally got around to putting on the local Craigslist. Asking $4000 OBO.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:47 AM

$3500 obo.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM

A deal fell through, car's still for sale. Asking $3400 OBO.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:43 PM

Sold for $3K tonight. New owner got a killer deal and seemed very excited to own such a rare car.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:09 AM

wow man ! that sounds so freaking cheap ! sounds like a good deal, on a car so well kept and rare.

best wishes on the next