Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

AZ 2001 Nissan Maxima Anniversary Edition $1850

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 09:57 AM

2001 Nissan Maxima Anniversary Edition $1850

The car is listed on Craigslist for 2k so I'm discounting the car to Maxima.org members.

2001 Nissan Maxima 20th Anniversary Edition
Super Black (KH3 paint code) with black leather interior
178K Miles
5 speed manual
Polyurethane shifter bushing
18" 350z Anniversary Wheels
Tein Street Advanced Coilovers (Approx 3k miles since install)
Full Warpspeed underbody subframe connection kit with body rails and X-bar
Custom FX-R projectors and D2S HID kit installed into OEM headlights (will need one new ballast).
Apline PDX 150.4
JVC Arsenal BT HU
Front Polk MM6502 Components
JLW3V3 in ported box
Clean Title, currently registered with Iowa plates (where I am from), but located in Phoenix, AZ, which is where I am currently living.
Original paperwork for the first 100k miles, including original window sticker.
I may even have the ability to obtain the original AE wheels in storage back in Iowa.

This has been my baby for the past 8 years and I am the 2nd owner. The car has never seen snow and has been kept either garaged or covered most of it's life. No rust anywhere! No fading on the original black paint! The car isn't perfect though and this should be expected given the age of the car. The car even has some custom parts that are no longer made that improve the overall feel of the car (specifically the subframe kit and the polyurethane shifter mount). Everything else is original, even the clutch. The price? Well, the car does need some TLC, most notably being a clutch replacement, new axle boots, and new input shaft seals for the transmission. The check engine light in on due to needing a catalytic converter replacement and 02 sensor. The car drives fine, but will need the clutch and throwout bearing replaced soon. Fortunately for any potential buyer, I have an OEM Nissan clutch kit brand new in the box waiting to be installed that would be included with the sale. The car also needs an alignment but since you'll have to change the clutch and remove the axles, you'll need an alignment anyways. For the asking price, I'll also include the stereo system. The car will also come with a full set of H&R sport springs AND the original OEM SE springs (no struts) in case you want to go back to stock ride quality.

I am in no rush to sell as I would rather have the car go to someone who is willing to put the work into the car AND take care of it for many more years to come. I just don't have the time or space at the time to give the car what it needs. Feel free to contact me through email at caughey26@gmail.com or by text/phone at 314-828-0042 since I don't get on the forums much anymore.

Last edited by tcaughey; 10-26-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Wow this thing is clean and a great deal. Looks like it's got covers on the seats. Is the factory leather under them in good shape?

Good luck with the sale!
Old 10-26-2017, 01:00 PM

Yeah the seats have front neoprene covers, but the front seat's started to develop some cracks which is why I threw on the covers! The rear seats are mint though! Yeah, the car is priced the way it is knowing that the car needs some work to get it mechanically 100 percent. The car became my project car over time, but I figured it's time to let go to someone else that will appreciate it as much as I have. It's only been on Craigslist for 3 hours and my phone has been blowing up like crazy. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone who is a Maxima enthusiast to buy the car from me and bring it to life.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:29 PM

man, i love the 5th gen black with those wheels!!! damn if i didn't just have an accident i'd be all over this, glws
Old 12-31-2017, 01:49 AM
Father of the 00 VI

if it is available in a couple months i'll snag it
Old 01-19-2018, 01:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is this still available?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:28 PM

Sorry guys! The car sold pretty quick as I expected. I've just been too busy to update this listing! Mods, please lock it up! Thanks!