WA 2002 Infiniti I35 with Tasteful Mods - Maxima Forums

Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

2002 Infiniti I35 with Tasteful Mods

Old 09-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #1  

2002 Infiniti I35 with Tasteful Mods

$5,500 OBO! Send me an offer, the worst I can say is no. Location: Spokane, WA Phone number: 971-801-8184 E-mail: [email protected] VIN: JNKDA31A82T029625 Title: Clean Transmission: Automatic Mileage: 125,700 After having owned this beaut for four and a half years, I'm finally selling her. It was my first car and will arguably be one of the best cars that I will ever own. I'm simply at the point where I'm searching for a more practical vehicle for driving up bumpy, dirt roads and more capable in regards to hauling friends and ski gear to and from the mountains. In the many years that I have owned this car, I have never had one issue. I truly took care of it like it was my first car in the sense that I maintained it meticulously. Without fault, I changed the oil and oil filter ever six months (AMSOIL Signature Series full synthetic and Royal Purple synthetic oil filter), the coolant every year (Genuine Nissan coolant), the brake fluid twice (Genuine Nissan brake fluid), and have done enough drain and fills on the transmission to warrant almost 100% Amsoil Signature Series full synthetic transmission fluid all throughout. Most importantly, this car is an absolute joy to drive! If you are a car enthusiast to any extent, driving this vehicle will instantly put a smile on your face. With all the mods, it produces roughly 300+hp and has a 0-60 in the 5 to 6 second range. It is very easy to break the wheels loose upon acceleration. In fact, I've even been able to get traction control to kick in simply from shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. In addition, the valve body reprogramming enables the transmission to create such quick shifts that will literally cause you to be thrown against the seat, but not jarring by any means; the shifts are buttery smooth. The exhaust is loud, but not obnoxious. It has a deep and invigorating sound. It also handles winter conditions with ease, no thanks to the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires that I am including on the set of stock wheels. Speaking of handling, rounding corners in this car feels like you're being sucked to the ground because of how planted the car is with the suspension set up. The road feel is pretty phenomenal as well. One minor issue, although it's not exactly an issue, is the CEL comes on every few months or so, but later turns off. This is due to the fact that I have headers installed on the vehicle which eliminated the two precats. While I did install O2 sensor spacers, the computer will sometimes pick up a code even though there is nothing wrong. It is currently NOT on. Lastly, the right headlight flickers periodically and will sometimes shut off. Down below are a list of the modifications with descriptions.

Modifications:

Intake
-NWP upper and lower intake manifold spacers: helps keep the intake cooler.
-Fully custom intake with a 6 inch belmouth velocity stack with AEM DryFlow synthetic air filter.
-Coolant intake bypass: reroutes the coolant hose to produce a direct link between hoses rather than flowing through the intake thus causing unnecessary heat build up.

Exhaust
-OBX headers: approximately 2 and 1/4 inches throughout the header piping flowing up to a 2 and 1/2 mouth at the y/mid-pipe. This was an important modification for me to install due to the fact that I35's are known to have faulty precats. When the precats fail, the filter material gets sucked into the engine and will destroy it. Luckily, you won't have that problem because the headers completely eliminate the precats.
-3in Magnaflow high flow catalytic converter.
-3in BRM custom catback with Magnaflow resonator and muffler. Keep in mind, the car is fairly loud with this setup. It sounds amazing though!

Transmission
-Transgo HD2 valve body reprogramming kit. The shifts are absolute butter. For all of you six-speed purists out there, this four-speed with the valve body reprogramming will make you never want to drive a six-speed again.

Supension
-Tein 16 way adjustable coilovers dropped almost 3 inches. The body sits flush with the wheels. I also have rolled rear fenders to accommodate the wheels. With the summer wheels and wheels spacers, the rear tires will rub if there is too much weight in the back. A simple solution is to not have the wheel spacers installed.
-Progress Racing rear anti-roll bar: helps firm up rear handling.
-H&R 20mm wheel spacers: pushes the rear wheels out by 20mm on each side as well as improving rear handling.
-Energy Suspension polyurethane front and rear motor mounts and sub-frame bushings: makes for crisper shifts.

Lighting
-3k HID fog lights.
-Stock hid headlights with 6k bulbs.
-Full led lit interior, led side marker bulbs, and led reverse lights.

Wheels & Tires
-Summer setup: Hankook Ventus Evo V12 high performance summer tires on Konig Oversteer wheels.
-Winter setup: Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires with approximately 80% tread on stock Infiniti wheels.
-Volk Rays black lug nuts.

Overall, the car is in great shape! Granted, it has it's fair share of nicks and dings, but that's to be expected with a 16 year old vehicle. The drivetrain is bulletproof, and I've never had one issue with it due to the fact that I have meticulously maintained it. I have multiple receipts and records of maintenance as well. As an added plus, I had a new blower motor and new brake pads and rotors installed on the front and rear of the car about a month ago ($1,200). I would say that I have spent approximately $8,000 on modifications (not including the recent $1,200 that I spend on brakes and the blower motor). Price is $5,500 OBO. Shoot me an offer, the worst I can say is no. Serious inquiries only. Texting is preferred. If you call and I don't answer, please leave a message. Phone number: 971-801-8184 E-mail: [email protected]

IsaacFall is offline   Reply With Quote