Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:16 PM

completed pix added 05/20/07

so i dropped off the car (04/13/07) to get painted. here's what it will look like, whatcha think.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 PM

I'd like it better without the green stuff. The airbags and the wheels looks pretty cool with the pearl white though.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 PM

^
i agree with this guy.
the patterns have no real flow or idea behind it, unless i'm overlooking it.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm not a fan of the green designs, but it's your car, looks good dropped though
Old 04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...mymaxima04.jpg
Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
retired moderator

NINJA EDITED to explain my views because I sounded like a jerk on my original post!

graphics: not really feeling the design, but maybe it will look better in person than in photoshop...the color of the diamonds is kind of cool on the white, but the diamonds in a row like that just look wierd to me.
wheels: the i35 body has alot of curvy surfaces. I think the wheels would look better if they have a curved spoke design rather than an angular design. I don't think they look "terrible" but I think they could look better.
suspension: it aint' gonna run on the track, but you're clearly going for low and tucked, and you certainly have it...low!
back of car: I'd like to see something different. By eliminating the inner trunk lights, it kind of looks like the back end of a Hyundai or something, with those little outer lights. The shaved trunk looks good, but I'd keep the inner taillights.
front end of car: looks very nice, especially the headlights
Old 04-15-2007, 06:08 AM

bad forum to ask for opinions because most of the people on here only care about performance crap and could care less about the true custom car scene(read not import based HIN, borderline rice) none of them would care for a rat-rod, a lead sled, a mini-truck, and forget about understanding why you would wanna be that low.

i actually love the idea of the separation line, the lime green looks cool. what color is the top going to be though? it looks like either a salmon color or gold. salmon would be cool, golod i think would be too overpowering with the green and pearl.

dod yoi post a thread on SSM yet? post up some progress pics on there.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 AM

He's going to be on the cover of LOWRIDER magazine! Orale vato loco!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by shavedmax
bad forum to ask for opinions because most of the people on here only care about performance crap and could care less about the true custom car scene(read not import based HIN, borderline rice) none of them would care for a rat-rod, a lead sled, a mini-truck, and forget about understanding why you would wanna be that low.

i actually love the idea of the separation line, the lime green looks cool. what color is the top going to be though? it looks like either a salmon color or gold. salmon would be cool, golod i think would be too overpowering with the green and pearl.

dod yoi post a thread on SSM yet? post up some progress pics on there.
I think you're reading the comments wrong. I personally don't mind graphics, I just don't like the design he picked....
Old 04-15-2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I think you're reading the comments wrong. I personally don't mind graphics, I just don't like the design he picked....
i didnt single you out on my response, the 3 noobs before you said the same thing, and your post was more visual than readable:

graphics:
wheels:
suspension: worthless/pointless
back of car: looks awful
front end of car: looks very nice.

so what exactly did i "read" wrong? 4 out of 5 comments are negative.

it's you opinion, you have the right to have it. if you set up your car for track purposes obviously you're not going to care for an adjustable suspension or heavy 20" wheels. if you dont like the look of his shaved trunk, your opinion. i find it funny that you like the look of the front, it's pretty much stock. painted headlights and a body kit.

all i said was that most people on the .org are more prone to performance mods that body/visual mods, therefore their response is going to be 90% negative if it doesnt fit the (i'll use a 4th gen as an example) solid color, 18 inch not chrome wheels, stillen kit, simple mods like cefiros or red/clear tails, 3 inch drop and acarbon fiber hood persona.

just like most "normal" people would look at your car and say, why would anyone turn a 4 door family sedan into a track car, most "normal" people would ask why anyone would shave the handles and trunk on a luxury car, slam it to the ground and put huge wheels on it. if you're not into that sort of thing you wouldnt understand.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i didnt single you out on my response, the 3 noobs before you said the same thing, and your post was more visual than readable:

graphics:
wheels:

it's you opinion, you have the right to have it. if you set up your car for track purposes obviously you're not going to care for an adjustable suspension or heavy 20" wheels. if you dont like the look of his shaved trunk, your opinion. i find it funny that you like the look of the front, it's pretty much stock. painted headlights and a body kit.

all i said was that most people on the .org are more prone to performance mods that body/visual mods, therefore their response is going to be 90% negative if it doesnt fit the (i'll use a 4th gen as an example) solid color, 18 inch not chrome wheels, stillen kit, simple mods like cefiros or red/clear tails, 3 inch drop and acarbon fiber hood persona.

just like most "normal" people would look at your car and say, why would anyone turn a 4 door family sedan into a track car, most "normal" people would ask why anyone would shave the handles and trunk on a luxury car, slam it to the ground and put huge wheels on it. if you're not into that sort of thing you wouldnt understand.

I 100% agree with shaved max..most people on here do not go for the low and slow cars...they just wanna go fast and dont "get" why people do it or like it... Im all for modding with big rims and looks of a car...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
retired moderator

graphics:
wheels:

with all due respect to you Juan, he asked:

whatcha think.
Please don't assum that just because I don't like his plans means I do not like/appreciate other cars done in that style. I'm pretty sure I have commented more than once about how impressive YOUR cars are, and how I particularly like the paint jobs on both of them. I'm not some ricer who puts on clear corners and a CF hood and proclaims my car to be "VIP" or "bling"....Hell, I absolutely LOVE JDub's car, with the slammed look, huge wheels, custom paint, and fender flares....

My comments were on his car in particular, NOT the genre in general. I simply do not like the particular graphics DESIGN he is doing, and the taillights look like a Hyundai IMO. The wheels are not a design that i think flows particularly well with the curvaceous i35....I know he's not concerned with weight or size....I just think they'd look better if they were a curvier spoke design.

I'll admit the suspension comment was not necessary, and apologize for it. Old habits die hard.

Over the years I've been to hot-rod shows, custom car shows, classic car shows...you name it, I've been there. Don't make assumptions that just because I am interested in performance that I am not also interested in show cars. I wouldn't do a show car personally, but I can still appreciate the work that goes into making one. Some I love, some I hate.

I'm sure you are the same way.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 AM
retired moderator

just like most "normal" people would look at your car and say, why would anyone turn a 4 door family sedan into a track car
I ask myself the same thing every time i take it to the track
Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM

anyone else not seeing the pictures?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM

with all due respect to you Juan, he asked:

Please don't assum that just because I don't like his plans means I do not like/appreciate other cars done in that style. I'm pretty sure I have commented more than once about how impressive YOUR cars are, and how I particularly like the paint jobs on both of them. I'm not some ricer who puts on clear corners and a CF hood and proclaims my car to be "VIP" or "bling"....Hell, I absolutely LOVE JDub's car, with the slammed look, huge wheels, custom paint, and fender flares....

My comments were on his car in particular, NOT the genre in general. I simply do not like the particular graphics DESIGN he is doing, and the taillights look like a Hyundai IMO. The wheels are not a design that i think flows particularly well with the curvaceous i35....I know he's not concerned with weight or size....I just think they'd look better if they were a curvier spoke design.

I'll admit the suspension comment was not necessary, and apologize for it. Old habits die hard.

Over the years I've been to hot-rod shows, custom car shows, classic car shows...you name it, I've been there. Don't make assumptions that just because I am interested in performance that I am not also interested in show cars. I wouldn't do a show car personally, but I can still appreciate the work that goes into making one. Some I love, some I hate.

I'm sure you are the same way.
no need to apoligize, they're your feelings. you and i are grown up about it enough to discuss it like this and not turn it into a pissin contest. and you and i are the only ones willing to defend our point of views because we live what we talk about. like i had said, i didnt single out your comments, it's the fact that 3 other people had said "i dont like it" type comments and they more than likely have close to nothing done to their car to even be able to appreciate the work that it takes to mod a car in any way shape or form. you have to admit though, your original comment was very blunt and could be easily interpreted as a negative comment.

the biggest thing that bugs me(not about you, just in general on the .org) is that when someone puts in a CAI, everyone leaves positive comments. when someone lowers their car, same thing. when someone does a 5 sp and engine swap MOST of the comments are possitive. there may be some, "why would you spend xyz on a 10 yr old car" comments, but i have NEVER seen someone who primerally spends money on looks and not performance bash a performance mod. on the other hand, performance guys(again, not saying you) tend to bash the look mods, then all the a$$es with stock cars, that leave negative comments on both performance threads and cosmetic threads chime in and 80% of the time it becomes a bash fest. i guess most of us on here are guys and guys like to go fast, so we'll pat each other on the back with that crap, and not everyone is into bling so the look mods get hated on alot. hell even something as simple as an HID retrofit gets a ton of hate. i still follow the rule my mom set, if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it, unless you speak from experience of the same subject(ok so i added that last part in............)

i left my feedback too, i dont like it if it's gold on top salmon colored may be nice. it would look alot better with a better contrast in colors. dont know if his reason for using the diamonds on the side ends up being because his car club severed ties uses the <> diamond in it. if that wasnt the reason you can steal the idea from me. the more i look at it i think the trunk should have a sunken in spoiler with a 3rd brake light in it. i'm partial to sunken trunks though.

ANYWHO, whenever you wanna paint your car like that let me know..............
Old 04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
retired moderator

no need to apoligize, they're your feelings. you and i are grown up about it enough to discuss it like this and not turn it into a pissin contest. and you and i are the only ones willing to defend our point of views because we live what we talk about. like i had said, i didnt single out your comments, it's the fact that 3 other people had said "i dont like it" type comments and they more than likely have close to nothing done to their car to even be able to appreciate the work that it takes to mod a car in any way shape or form. you have to admit though, your original comment was very blunt and could be easily interpreted as a negative comment.
point taken....I sometimes am too blunt, I will admit

the biggest thing that bugs me(not about you, just in general on the .org) is that when someone puts in a CAI, everyone leaves positive comments. when someone lowers their car, same thing. when someone does a 5 sp and engine swap MOST of the comments are possitive. there may be some, "why would you spend xyz on a 10 yr old car" comments, but i have NEVER seen someone who primerally spends money on looks and not performance bash a performance mod. on the other hand, performance guys(again, not saying you) tend to bash the look mods, then all the a$$es with stock cars, that leave negative comments on both performance threads and cosmetic threads chime in and 80% of the time it becomes a bash fest. i guess most of us on here are guys and guys like to go fast, so we'll pat each other on the back with that crap, and not everyone is into bling so the look mods get hated on alot. hell even something as simple as an HID retrofit gets a ton of hate. i still follow the rule my mom set, if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it, unless you speak from experience of the same subject(ok so i added that last part in............)
agreed. i try as much as possible, personally, to be an equal-opportunity criticizer....I will criticize someone who puts on a crappy intake (Injen?) or bad performance springs (s-techs) as I will criticize someone who puts ugly-design 20s and an ugly paint scheme. On the other hand, I always try to make a point to give a thumbs-up to someone who sets up a nice suspension or intake setup or has sweet-looking 20s or body mods (like you and JDub, for example). My view is that you should always try to say something positive even when you are saying something negative (hence my comments about the front of his car - I do think the headlights and front lip look excellent)....

:
ANYWHO, whenever you wanna paint your car like that let me know..............
Hey, some n00b just today called me a "poser" for all the "stickers" on my car (referring to the sponsor/classing magnets that I put on at the track)....
Old 04-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That car is gonna look HARD. I'm not feelin the trunk tho. Wheels look pretty good too, and that can always be changed when you get tired of them.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:30 PM

SHAVEDMAX, your the man finally someone gets me on here. i feel you on the cosmetic hate subject. ok back to the paint bottom half stock ivory pearl, top half stock ivory pearl off a lincoln mark 8 and the diamonds are some honda insight color don't know the name. asfar as the diamond patten shavedmax hit the nail on the head. i'm from severed ties, alot of peeps on here just won't ever get it. the truck deck lid will be shaved and the outside tail lamps are stock.. everyone thanks for the comments. bluemax01se whats up with your comment, what just cuase i drive lowered cars with adjustable suspension you have to hate, if i had the chance to be in lowrider i would honored. whats the next sterotype comment from you i sell drugs and have been in and out of jail. anyway here's a picture of the car as of right now.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:06 PM

I didn't read any of the above but, I would like it painted white, no painted headlights, no graphics, and no shaved taillights.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:42 PM

in other words leave it stock.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by h8menow
i sell drugs and have been in and out of jail. anyway
me too! like i said, dunno if i feel the top color, but im sure itll look cool. i've just been around enough to not let the hating go too far.
i do have alot more respect for irish44j now though because he voiced his opinion but he wasnt nescesarilly negative about it. being that the custom car scene is small i have alot of friends that are into other things(hotrods, muscle cars) that respect what i do because of who i am and not what i drive that's the way it should be. truth is though even on SSM you would probably have gotten some hate, so whatever, do what makes you happy. and make sure to post some in progress pics.

hows the truck comming along?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 PM

man i haven't worked on the truck in a longgggggggg time. kinda thinking about selling it.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
retired moderator

so here I'm going to show some ignorance of this type of modding and ask a basic question....seriously.

In this pic, because the car is so low and the wheels so "up" into the wells....can you turn the car while it is this low, or do you raise it up on the airbags when actually driving?

i.e. when you're slammed down low like this, is it only when stopped/driving in a straight line? Or is there actually clearance on the outside of the wheel well to take a turn while sitting low?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:34 PM
retired moderator

oh, and I would love to see some close-ups of the headlights and what has been done to them....
Old 04-16-2007, 04:10 PM

so here I'm going to show some ignorance of this type of modding and ask a basic question....seriously.

In this pic, because the car is so low and the wheels so "up" into the wells....can you turn the car while it is this low, or do you raise it up on the airbags when actually driving?

i.e. when you're slammed down low like this, is it only when stopped/driving in a straight line? Or is there actually clearance on the outside of the wheel well to take a turn while sitting low?

at this height(all the way down) on my 18's i had full turns and the ability to roll. i wouldnt call it driving because any dip/bump in the road i got stuck. i did have to drive home one day almost that low, i raised the car up maybe an inch because my batteries were dead.(i have hydraulics not airbags) drove 30 miles with no problems.

with 20's(never really got a chance to drive the 3rd gen with them on) i had no turning radius or the ability to drive when it was fully down. because i went from an 18x7.5(48mm offset) to a 20x8.5 (35mm offset) i lost over an inch out which would have let me turn some, but with the rim being almost 2 inches taller it would have been tough to turn even if the width was the same.

but the name of the game is being low, that's why we have adjustable suspensions to get the car up to driving height and impress people when it goes this low:
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM

here's one that probably has a decent ammount of turning radius when down. still doesnt mean you would drive it all the way down though, but at 20-30 you only need to tilt the wheel a little to make road bends.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM

irish. i'm working on being able to drive it fully laid out, just tubed the rear and now i'm building a adjustable pan hard bar. like shaved max said you can made bending turns easy i.e freeway on/off ramps and such. here's a picture of my truck at ride height.

and here's on of it fully laid out.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM

sick.........
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM

nice paint idea, should be nice....sweet car....s10 looks sick too...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:43 PM

the i30 is sick, makes me miss my max more cantw ait to see pics...when you getting it back?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Drug Money

How do you NOT pop your axle bracket being that low? Our suspension is NOT designed to go that low.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
maxima985spd

SOOOOOO HOOOOTTTTT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
How do you NOT pop your axle bracket being that low? Our suspension is NOT designed to go that low.
as much as i love your ACCENTED response. the axle has alot of play in it, both in and out and around. i never popped an axle out and i put plenty of miles on my 3rd gen.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM

good job...jus what i like
Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Drug Money

as much as i love your ACCENTED response. the axle has alot of play in it, both in and out and around. i never popped an axle out and i put plenty of miles on my 3rd gen.
I'm saying this because at one point my car was dumped, but nowhere as low as you.

My car kept breaking the passenger side axle bracket because of the sheer force that the axles where putting on it.

Personally I will never ride that low again.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
I'm saying this because at one point my car was dumped, but nowhere as low as you.

My car kept breaking the passenger side axle bracket because of the sheer force that the axles where putting on it.

Personally I will never ride that low again.
well. blackmaxima is the lowest 4th gen i've seen with a static drop and he's never said anything about bad axles.
as far as me and h8menow, we can lift up our cars to a nice driving height to avoid any problems
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Doctor D I presume???

[/QUOTE]

Why??
Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by doc2278

Why??[/QUOTE]

not my truck, you would have to ask the owner
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Wow, car looks clean (though I am not a fan of the graphics but its all about what car culture you follow anyways). What suspension are you running and how much did it cost? I am looking into an air suspension and I am thinking about a universal system.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

came out nice without green stripes.... very nice

Quick Reply: whatcha think?