Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

adroitcaptor's 97 Madness

Old 07-31-2014, 07:55 AM

adroitcaptor's 97 Madness

Caveat to trolls - Please do not troll me trolls… If you do not like my ideas or my car, that is cool. I would really like to keep a positive and enjoyable thread. Thx in advance!

So, I am super excited! [Obnoxious amount of exclamation points here!] I am getting a Maxima after going 3 years without. The best part - it is the Maxima I first bought when I was 17 (14 years ago).

History: Bought this car in the summer of 2000; a pearl white 97 with 33k. [skip to the bottom for story time] Shortly after joined the forum, but under a different name. (I changed it later since I was such an ignorant douche… I still had my moments under this handle.) I loved that car and detailed it twice a week. Eventually in 2005 I went off to Army training for 13 months and loaned the car to my mom, drove it again since she died at the end of my BCT, loaned to my dad when I went to Iraq in ‘09, then bought him an ‘03 max and traded for my baby, to my cousin for a time, but then he went to jail. [/runonsentence] While in Iraq, I had my dad pick me up a Z31 and lost interest in mod’ing the Max. (It went back to stock after a crash or two anyway.) When I got back and had decent job, I bought a G37Scoupe. At this point I had 3 cars so I gave the max to a friend who could not afford a car. She parked it a year later. It has sat for the last 6mo, or so, under a tree. It has really been eating at me so I asked if she would sell it and am buying it next week for $1k. (Way too much I know… but it is my baby!!!)

Now I have an 08 Armada, 85 Z31t, and soon my Maxima!!!@#$^!!

I have crazy huge plans for it including: VG30ET or VH45DE, complete sound system, complete suspension, new interior, and another huge conversion I will get trolled if I say… [So I will not explain what it is for now lol]. My direction is to make a unique, one of a kind, never done before, no-one-else-has-to-like-it concept. It will be a cross between VIP, Rat Rod, Custom, and Tuner. It will serve as a daily and one other purpose (see aforementioned exemption). I have all the parts, except the material for the custom fab’ work, and some pieces of the interior. This is going to be epic – you will see.

I will post pictures when I buy the car next week. (I cashed out stock to buy it and am waiting on the check.) Might post some of the parts that will be used for this build…

Well, here is to the future and my first ever build-thread; hope you enjoy.
Have a great day and God bless!
-dan