New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:25 PM

New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned

Hello members of the .org, I hail from Colorado and I go to school in Michigan for mechanical engineering. I just bought a 2000 Maxima SE with a manual trans and 163k miles on her. My Dad's '95 Maxima was the first car I ever drove and now I guess I'm returning to that first love. This is my first Nissan and I'm looking forward to putting the reliability and fun I've been promised to the test. I've already been using the .org to access factory service manuals and other how-to/DIY information and I'll be sure to continuously use it.

She needs a little TLC, but for the most part she's in decent shape. The body has some character, but I don't think I'll be addressing that much. Money is tight, and I'm mostly interested in keeping the mechanics strong. I may look into some mods, but that will depend on what sort of money I have available. The first thing I'll be doing is a full brake job along with a tanny fluid change. After that, it's due for a deep clean and some power washing in the engine bay. I'll be looking into the suspension as well, because I believe I've heard clicking from an axle in the front and the ride is a bit bumpy. As far as the engine goes, it's a bit whiny, so I'll be looking into that.

I've attached some pictures if anyone is interested. Anyways, I have the alloy wheels (I believe they're the 19's), a moonroof, the black rear tail-lights, a power driver's seat, fog lights, the cd-playing head unit, and a cloth interior. I believe that's it as far as extras go.

I look forward to explore the org.
Attached Thumbnails New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned-maxima_2-min.jpg   New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned-maxima_3-min.jpg   New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned-maxima_4-min.jpg   New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned-maxima_5-min.jpg   New To the Forum and the First Nissan I've Owned-maxima_6-min.jpg  

Last edited by theherdmaster; 12-21-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Welcome to Maxima.org! Nice looking 5th gen!