New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

‘17 Maxima SL Newbie Chick!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

‘17 Maxima SL Newbie Chick!

Just wanted to say HELLO! My name is Sheena. I’m 33yrs old and from Delaware (unfortunately, lol). I bought my 2017 Nissan Maxima SL this past November. I absolutely love it to death. I’ve done a few things here and there to it. Haven’t really done a list but I can write that down at a later time. Just wanted to introduce myself since I haven’t done so yet.

Since I am new and haven’t gotten a chance to look around on the site yet, I do have one small question that I hope someone could help point me into the right direction... I’ve been searching all over for the bulb size of the interior dome bulb lights (in an LED) for my year car as well as the bulbs in the rear passenger left and right sides, as well as the total quantity bulbs I will need. Every website I go to, to purchase them says those bulbs are unavailable or doesn’t list what size they are. I’ve changed out EVERY bulb (even the glove box, lol) to a pure bright white LED but can’t for the life of me figure out the bulb for the dome lights (but I haven’t taken them apart yet). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I can’t wait to get to know you all! Take care!

4% limo tint thanks to my Dad and his window tint business, Ayers Custom Shop, LLC in New Castle, DE!

Newly added rear Premium Spoiler and Rear Bumper Diffuser installed in February of 2018.

Newly installed Rear Bumper Diffuser in February 2018.
Newly installed side chrome skirts installed in February 2018.
My next project... all full HID low-beam swap in 5,500k, fog light HID kit in 5,500k and chrome bulbs that light up amber. Thank you to theretrofitsource.com!!
Gotta love Jack Skellington!!

Me! =}

Possible new project as well as a Stillen exhaust. Any suggestions??

Last edited by ZOMMMBIE; 04-13-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice!

Very nice car. Will be getting tint on mine this Saturday. Don't think I will go as dark. I have the S trim....juat what I could afford...oh and it's a 2016. The panoramic roof would have been nice here in Texas.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you!!
Yeah, I would definitely suggest tint in Texas! lol The sunroof is definitely a lifesaver on warm days, but I could live without it. The wind blocker that they made with it causes the wind to make too much noise when it hits it and if you have anyone in the car they can’t hear you say anything even going 40mph. It’s honestly a horrible design.

It’s nice to to meet someone on here tho! =}
Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ZOMMMBIE
Thank you!!
Yeah, I would definitely suggest tint in Texas! lol The sunroof is definitely a lifesaver on warm days, but I could live without it. The wind blocker that they made with it causes the wind to make too much noise when it hits it and if you have anyone in the car they can’t hear you say anything even going 40mph. It’s honestly a horrible design.

It’s nice to to meet someone on here tho! =}
that's interesting.

I just figured out mine has some minor damage. Waiting to hear what the dealership is gonna do.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Minor damage to the car? I had so many problems right before I even pulled off the lot with a brand new car with damage they had to fix right away. SMDH. I didn’t noticed it until I went to leave. Good thing I did!!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My damage is cosmetic mostly. Possibly someone backed into something. I don't have the panoramic roof. It was dirty when I first saw it so missed a lot of scratches. Will drop off Monday for them to take care of that. But the damage that I found today involves the exhaust tip on left is pushed in some. So thinking a minor accident.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So was this something that you think happened in a parking lot somewhere, like a hit and run? People are such a-holes now a days.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So was this something that you think happened in a parking lot somewhere, like a hit and run? People are such a-holes now a days.
I think it was like that from the dealer. They are gonna do some scratch repair on Monday. Should look better.
Did you do the headlight upgrades?
Old 04-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Not yet. I’m trying to find a local shop that can install them. With my last car which, was a ‘07 Scion tC, I installed the HID’s myself since they were much easier. But with the Maxima, under the hood there is absolutely NO room unless you take off the front bumper or get in through the wheelwell which requires that to be removed as well. Taking my car apart in any way makes me nervous. lol So I’d rather leave it up to a professional. Unfortunately here in Delaware I have no idea where to go.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Not yet. I’m trying to find a local shop that can install them. With my last car which, was a ‘07 Scion tC, I installed the HID’s myself since they were much easier. But with the Maxima, under the hood there is absolutely NO room unless you take off the front bumper or get in through the wheelwell which requires that to be removed as well. Taking my car apart in any way makes me nervous. lol So I’d rather leave it up to a professional. Unfortunately here in Delaware I have no idea where to go.
Hey I have found a pretty active Maxima Facebook group. You can check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/712326208894649/
Old 04-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Awesome thanks! I just sent a request to join. =}