Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Nitrous (https://maxima.org/forums/nitrous-40/)
-   -   bottle warmer ??? (https://maxima.org/forums/nitrous/603610-bottle-warmer.html)

nismoSEXIMA 11-28-2009 08:49 AM

bottle warmer ???

here's my question i got a 75 shot right now and without a bottle warmer i can barely feel the spray...now when i get my bottle filled and its pressurized and warm i can feel it more so ive been told from numerous people to get a bottle warmer....is this really gonna make that much of a difference??? the guy i bought the kit off never ran a warmer and said i don't need one...he had it in a sentra with a SR20 and ran good times with a 50 shot and no warmer...so im just trying to understand why he wouldnt need one and i do??

sparks03max 11-28-2009 10:08 AM

Bottle pressure is important for many reasons. A bottle warmer can maintain your bottle pressure for optimal performance (usually 900-1000psi). My advice is that you spend a little time with google and read up about why pressure is so important.

That said, you will want a heater during the winter to keep bottle pressure high enough and you should make sure to be careful that you do not let it overheat in the summer. Additionally, when using a heater or in warm weather, you should have a blowdown tube installed for the sake of safety.

krazy6 11-28-2009 12:15 PM

Bottle pressure is VERY important.

You should go ahead and slap the sentra guy in the face.

User 12822 11-29-2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 7312950)
Bottle pressure is VERY important.

You should go ahead and slap the sentra guy in the face.

Agreed its almost pointless to use nitrous without one. Do yourself a favor as well and get the automatic one, that way it will keep the bottle pressure within the proper range. Theres definitely something wrong if you don't feel a 75 shot, my 50 shot jerks my head back in 1st.

streetzlegend 11-30-2009 10:37 AM

Like everyone else, I agree. You NEED a bottle warmer, its one of the most important part of the nitrous kit. Without proper pressure you lack power, run overly rich, just overall hurts performance and efficiency, its like having a 50HP shot but getting 35hp to the wheels because the bottle is not to the specified pressure. The max i kept mine was at 1050psi and no higher, usually thats the range you wanna be at high 900's low almost 1000psi.

I used a 75hp shot for a few months till I got the bottle warmer, once i put up the pressure that same 75shot felt like 100hp (As far as difference between no warmer and warmer).

Just make sure you dont overheat it, i did it at the track a few times, you'll run lean. Dont trust the automatic switches they come with unless u get a real good one (which i dont know who makes good ones).

sparks03max 11-30-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend (Post 7315048)
Like everyone else, I agree. You NEED a bottle warmer, its one of the most important part of the nitrous kit. Without proper pressure you lack power, run overly rich, just overall hurts performance and efficiency, its like having a 50HP shot but getting 35hp to the wheels because the bottle is not to the specified pressure. The max i kept mine was at 1050psi and no higher, usually thats the range you wanna be at high 900's low almost 1000psi.

I used a 75hp shot for a few months till I got the bottle warmer, once i put up the pressure that same 75shot felt like 100hp (As far as difference between no warmer and warmer).

Just make sure you dont overheat it, i did it at the track a few times, you'll run lean. Dont trust the automatic switches they come with unless u get a real good one (which i dont know who makes good ones).

In addition, if the bottle gets too hot (above certain temps/1200ish PSI), it will begin to turn into a gas again in the lines, and decrease power just as bad as having too little pressure.

Almost any decent bottle heater will come with a pressure switch. Don't buy one unless it has one IMO.

nismoSEXIMA 12-01-2009 05:54 AM

thanks for all the info guys i appreciate it and will be ordering a bottle warmer in the next couple of months! cant wait!

Revs2Hard 12-15-2009 02:17 PM

get the warmer from zex, it has a temp control so it wont get to hot.

2002AltimateV6 12-15-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Revs2Hard (Post 7338809)
get the warmer from zex, it has a temp control so it wont get to hot.

Temperature control is only the first step. You want pressure control more so then temperature. Even with a constant temperature you can still run the risk of over-pressurizing the bottle. But you also limit how quickly the bottle will reach max pressure by limiting the temperature. With a pressure control device (like one offered from Dynotune) you can keep a constant pressure at all times. No need to worry about over-pressurizing, or over-heating.

sparks03max 12-15-2009 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2002AltimateV6 (Post 7338842)
Temperature control is only the first step. You want pressure control more so then temperature. Even with a constant temperature you can still run the risk of over-pressurizing the bottle. But you also limit how quickly the bottle will reach max pressure by limiting the temperature. With a pressure control device (like one offered from Dynotune) you can keep a constant pressure at all times. No need to worry about over-pressurizing, or over-heating.

Yep I was very happy with my cheapo dynotune bottle heater with the pressure switch.

krazy6 12-15-2009 04:42 PM

Dynotune heaters FTW!

twentyeggs 10-11-2011 11:17 AM

HEY what about the people who live in California where the sun is always shining and the trunk is always hot?

i just bought a zex kit and am going to run 75 shot here and there. since i wont be using the no2 more than a run here and there whats the point of getting a blanket. I can see if i was going to be at a track all day and going through a bottle every hour or so the bottle would get very cold.. in that case i have a heating blanket to use but for normal every day is it really necessary to run a heating blanket for a few runs when i feel spirited?

still advised?

grey99max 10-11-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs (Post 8232205)
HEY what about the people who live in California where the sun is always shining and the trunk is always hot?

i just bought a zex kit and am going to run 75 shot here and there. since i wont be using the no2 more than a run here and there whats the point of getting a blanket. I can see if i was going to be at a track all day and going through a bottle every hour or so the bottle would get very cold.. in that case i have a heating blanket to use but for normal every day is it really necessary to run a heating blanket for a few runs when i feel spirited?

still advised?

A couple of easy-to-use nitrous facts. You never want to exceed 1050 PSI pressure in the bottle (950 is better) - liquid nitrous turns into a semi-liquid at that point and jetting is messed up. The easy way to survive the stuff is to have a pressure gauge and/or a cheap thermometer attached to the bottle. If the bottle temp goes over 92* F, your pressure is too high. You gotta purge the bottle to lower the bottle temperature. You do have a purge, don't you? Because all that nitrous liquid sitting in the feed line can heat up and turn to gas, so when you spray, you're mostly spraying fuel and you go rich and bog. With most bottles, you can't spray more than half the weight of liquid nitrous in the bottle - then you start getting vapor with the liquid. Weigh your bottles (a decent bathroom scale) when first filled (so you know if you were cheated) and weight them every time you take them out and mark the weight on the piece of paper tape you put on the bottle - and refill when the bottle is half empty. Each bottle has an "Empty" weight and the Full weight is that plus whatever the bottle filler put in. One of my 15 lb bottles weighs 18.3 lb totally empty and 33.3 lb full. When the bottle drops to 25 lb, it's time for a refill. Good luck out there.

tookrzy4u192 10-11-2011 02:05 PM

I have a nitrous kit for sale and willing to part with the bottle warmer.. Just throwing it out there :)

twentyeggs 10-11-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8232265)
A couple of easy-to-use nitrous facts. You never want to exceed 1050 PSI pressure in the bottle (950 is better) - liquid nitrous turns into a semi-liquid at that point and jetting is messed up. The easy way to survive the stuff is to have a pressure gauge and/or a cheap thermometer attached to the bottle. If the bottle temp goes over 92* F, your pressure is too high. You gotta purge the bottle to lower the bottle temperature. You do have a purge, don't you? Because all that nitrous liquid sitting in the feed line can heat up and turn to gas, so when you spray, you're mostly spraying fuel and you go rich and bog. With most bottles, you can't spray more than half the weight of liquid nitrous in the bottle - then you start getting vapor with the liquid. Weigh your bottles (a decent bathroom scale) when first filled (so you know if you were cheated) and weight them every time you take them out and mark the weight on the piece of paper tape you put on the bottle - and refill when the bottle is half empty. Each bottle has an "Empty" weight and the Full weight is that plus whatever the bottle filler put in. One of my 15 lb bottles weighs 18.3 lb totally empty and 33.3 lb full. When the bottle drops to 25 lb, it's time for a refill. Good luck out there.

thanks man ill take all the info i can get, im a no2 newb. this will be my first set up