Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Nitrous (https://maxima.org/forums/nitrous-40/)
-   -   Something I'm thinking about doing... (https://maxima.org/forums/nitrous/614263-something-im-thinking-about-doing.html)

aackshun 07-06-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE (Post 8110468)
Have you talked to Andre at Edge Racing about a higher stall than you currently have? Is IPT going to make a 4K stall with the stock 10.5" cover? Is that a 4K stall rating for NA or a nitrous launch? A 4K stall 10.5" TC under a nitrous launch should still be pretty efficient. But if you weren't spraying nitrous, building a 4K stall for NA purposes will hurt whp.

I currently have a 3500 stall from Edge Racing with the 10.5" cover. But it's not as efficient at laying down HP as the 3K that is so popular. But that is all motor. If I sprayed out of the hole, I'd flash to about 4K with this converter and my trap speed probably wouldn't have suffered so badly.

Right now, I am working with Andre at Edge Racing to build what we believe to be the world's first 9.5" torque converter for a Maxima. I am hoping to be able to have a much more efficient TC while being able to flash to 4500rpm all motor with only 275whp. But if you sprayed a little nitrous with this TC, it should flash well above 5K.

I really hope to have this 9.5" TC prototype installed and tested in my Maxima by this Fall. We hope it will flash to 4500 and be just as efficient as the 3K 10.5" TC from Edge Racing. Then, if I need a higher stall than 4500, it'll be easy to make it looser in exchange for trap speeds.

With my cams and gutted intake manifold, my engine doesn't wake up until 4100rpm. So I need to be able to launch at 4100+ to be happy.

Deja vu....

grey99max 07-06-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE (Post 8110468)
Have you talked to Andre at Edge Racing about a higher stall than you currently have? Is IPT going to make a 4K stall with the stock 10.5" cover? Is that a 4K stall rating for NA or a nitrous launch? A 4K stall 10.5" TC under a nitrous launch should still be pretty efficient. But if you weren't spraying nitrous, building a 4K stall for NA purposes will hurt whp.

I currently have a 3500 stall from Edge Racing with the 10.5" cover. But it's not as efficient at laying down HP as the 3K that is so popular. But that is all motor. If I sprayed out of the hole, I'd flash to about 4K with this converter and my trap speed probably wouldn't have suffered so badly.

Right now, I am working with Andre at Edge Racing to build what we believe to be the world's first 9.5" torque converter for a Maxima. I am hoping to be able to have a much more efficient TC while being able to flash to 4500rpm all motor with only 275whp. But if you sprayed a little nitrous with this TC, it should flash well above 5K.

I really hope to have this 9.5" TC prototype installed and tested in my Maxima by this Fall. We hope it will flash to 4500 and be just as efficient as the 3K 10.5" TC from Edge Racing. Then, if I need a higher stall than 4500, it'll be easy to make it looser in exchange for trap speeds.

With my cams and gutted intake manifold, my engine doesn't wake up until 4100rpm. So I need to be able to launch at 4100+ to be happy.

I've been working with Ty at IPT on the 10.5" converter - I want to launch stalled up tight at 4000 and spraying at the light. Their transmission is fantastic - I won't have to cut nitrous at the shift - just bang on thru the gears. My engine is so cammy that hitting 4500 NA is just like spraying, so the final combination should be exciting. Launch at 4K - shift at 8K - repeat.

It's gonna be an exciting fall season for both of us.. :D

grey99max 07-06-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun (Post 8110490)
Deja vu....

All over again...... :)

I forgot about it at the time, but I shoulda asked you to video from inside the car when we were out on the "private dragstrip".

krazy6 07-07-2011 12:06 AM

Can't wait to see your car in action! :D

I'm looking for a 4th gen to do an ultra low budget drag build on. I found an I30 with some body damage for $250 but the guy never hit me back. If I can find a car for around $500, I'll make it happen. I think I could maybe squeak some 11s on a big shot because the car will be beyond gutted lol.

Cheap speed = removing weight. lol

grey99max 07-07-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8111121)
Can't wait to see your car in action! :D

I'm looking for a 4th gen to do an ultra low budget drag build on. I found an I30 with some body damage for $250 but the guy never hit me back. If I can find a car for around $500, I'll make it happen. I think I could maybe squeak some 11s on a big shot because the car will be beyond gutted lol.

Cheap speed = removing weight. lol

Gutted like a carp on the riverbank...... gutted like a TV store in the Watts riots... gutted like a fireworks stand on Fourth of July evening... You be havin' the quickest 4th gen shell on the forum. :eek: with nitrous... :D Hmmmmm.... - sounds like fun.

streetzlegend 07-07-2011 08:02 AM

Aaron, since your on the topic of TC. Do you happen to know if Andre strengthens the lockup clutch? I always race my car with the TC unlocked (because im scared of it slipping and releasing clutch material into the fluid + heat), for NA for sure thats not an issue but for FI or Nitrous it can be an issue, specially at ~500btq ( I remember Jim telling me once that his clutch slipped for his nitrous runs, he ran his 10s with it unlocked)

Aaron92SE 07-07-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8110664)
I've been working with Ty at IPT on the 10.5" converter - I want to launch stalled up tight at 4000 and spraying at the light. Their transmission is fantastic - I won't have to cut nitrous at the shift - just bang on thru the gears. My engine is so cammy that hitting 4500 NA is just like spraying, so the final combination should be exciting. Launch at 4K - shift at 8K - repeat.

It's gonna be an exciting fall season for both of us.. :D

With the 3K stall you currently have from Edge Racing, if you sprayed a 50 shot out of the hole, you should stall to about 3500rpm. Have you tried launching with nitrous to see what you stall at with your current TC?

The Edge Racing TC I currently have will be perfect for you. With just a tiny shot of nitrous on the launch, this thing will stall above 4K. But for NA purposes, the 3K stall is more efficient and gave me a higher trap speed than the 3500 I currently have. But, of course, I got better 60 foot times with the 3500.

But with nitrous, a slightly looser and less efficient TC won't be such a bad thing. What you need is a ripping 60 foot and the rest can be made up with gobs of nitrous on the top end. For me, I need both a ripping 60 foot without hurting my trap speeds. That's why a 9.5" cover will be SWEET!

Also, as I mentioned in my 3rd gen VQ35 swap thread, Andre is making two of these 9.5" converters. So if you want an even more efficient converter than the 3K stall you have now AND stall at 4500-5000, then that'll be the way to go. Once our testing is complete, the extra 9.5" TC will be up for sale by Edge Racing at a decent price.

And my Maxima is the same way. I have the Deluboz cams and when I hit 4100rpm, it's EXACTLY like I sprayed a 50 shot of nitrous! It's insane how much of a power increase I get at 4100. So, I must be able to launch above that to get good NA times.

Good luck with all your projects! :)

Originally Posted by streetzlegend (Post 8111281)
Aaron, since your on the topic of TC. Do you happen to know if Andre strengthens the lockup clutch? I always race my car with the TC unlocked (because im scared of it slipping and releasing clutch material into the fluid + heat), for NA for sure thats not an issue but for FI or Nitrous it can be an issue, specially at ~500btq ( I remember Jim telling me once that his clutch slipped for his nitrous runs, he ran his 10s with it unlocked)

Yes, Edge Racing definitely beefs up the lockup clutch. I remember when I first got my 3K stall, I would feel a snappier lock up. It was much easier to feel when the TC locked up while cruising.

I also do remember Jime saying that locking up the TC time and time again under large amounts of nitrous, it would start to slip. I don't know if that was with his Edge Racing TC or stock one. But if you are slipping upon lock up, mention that to Andre. There is probably something that can be done.

But so far, in my testing, I can not tell any difference in my ETs or trap speeds by locking up my torque converter in 3rd gear. I never shifted with the TC locked though. I don't plan to put my original 210K mile tranny through that abuse just yet.

So, the only reason I would start locking it up at WOT on a regular basis is if I absolutely needed that extra "half gear" to help lower the revs just before the traps. I don't have to worry about that just yet, even with my 20" slicks. But once I spray a little nitrous, I probably will if I stick with the 20" or 22" slicks.

streetzlegend 07-07-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE (Post 8111410)
With the 3K stall you currently have from Edge Racing, if you sprayed a 50 shot out of the hole, you should stall to about 3500rpm. Have you tried launching with nitrous to see what you stall at with your current TC?

The Edge Racing TC I currently have will be perfect for you. With just a tiny shot of nitrous on the launch, this thing will stall above 4K. But for NA purposes, the 3K stall is more efficient and gave me a higher trap speed than the 3500 I currently have. But, of course, I got better 60 foot times with the 3500.

But with nitrous, a slightly looser and less efficient TC won't be such a bad thing. What you need is a ripping 60 foot and the rest can be made up with gobs of nitrous on the top end. For me, I need both a ripping 60 foot without hurting my trap speeds. That's why a 9.5" cover will be SWEET!

Also, as I mentioned in my 3rd gen VQ35 swap thread, Andre is making two of these 9.5" converters. So if you want an even more efficient converter than the 3K stall you have now AND stall at 4500-5000, then that'll be the way to go. Once our testing is complete, the extra 9.5" TC will be up for sale by Edge Racing at a decent price.

And my Maxima is the same way. I have the Deluboz cams and when I hit 4100rpm, it's EXACTLY like I sprayed a 50 shot of nitrous! It's insane how much of a power increase I get at 4100. So, I must be able to launch above that to get good NA times.

Yes, Edge Racing definitely beefs up the lockup clutch. I remember when I first got my 3K stall, I would feel a snappier lock up. It was much easier to feel when the TC locked up while cruising.

I also do remember Jime saying that locking up the TC time and time again under large amounts of nitrous, it would start to slip. I don't know if that was with his Edge Racing TC or stock one. But if you are slipping upon lock up, mention that to Andre. There is probably something that can be done.

But so far, in my testing, I can not tell any difference in my ETs or trap speeds by locking up my torque converter in 3rd gear. I never shifted with the TC locked though. I don't plan to put my original 210K mile tranny through that abuse just yet.

So, the only reason I would start locking it up at WOT on a regular basis is if I absolutely needed that extra "half gear" to help lower the revs just before the traps. I don't have to worry about that just yet, even with my 20" slicks. But once I spray a little nitrous, I probably will if I stick with the 20" or 22" slicks.

Yeah thats part reason why I would want to lock up, my last track visit on my 24" slicks, I was almost touching my limiter(I have ignition cut set at about 6200-6300), trapping 117 in 3rd. So being able to stay in 3rd while going for 120 traps would be great

krazy6 07-07-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8111207)
Gutted like a carp on the riverbank...... gutted like a TV store in the Watts riots... gutted like a fireworks stand on Fourth of July evening... You be havin' the quickest 4th gen shell on the forum. :eek: with nitrous... :D Hmmmmm.... - sounds like fun.

:laugh: Gutted like a guy when he didn't pay the mafia.

I'm having a hard time finding a 4th gen for cheap though. Goal would be 11s for around $2000.

grey99max 07-07-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE (Post 8111410)

My current Edge TC is a 2800-stall that I could force to 3000 when ready to launch. Fine with the old Deluboz cams and SSIM and headers, and a real torque beast with the nitrous, but I've got better now. I think 4000 is the place to launch, right into nitrous. The 08 Alty IM setup really breathes now.

Projects? I have a few cooking - and one or two biggies completed..

Completed:
1. 2008 Altima upper and lower intake manifolds, modded Pathy TB, KramAir. done and working great.
2. IPT fully-built transmission installed. BIG improvement!

Pending:
3. Two direct port IS nitrous stages, HP nylon lines, E85 fuel w/nitrous, in NX SAFE tank.
4. Getting Lab stuff to analyze E85 to tune/verify fuel. ($50.00)
5. Greddy EU - wiring still not completed.
6. Relocate battery to fender well w/mucho smaller one. Leaves room for NX tank.
7. Install 4000 stall IPT TC.

6. Dyno the entire collection - sell seats for the show - or blow. :eek:

I'm really happy to discover how to verify the actual percentages of E85- apparently it can be mixed in many ways, depending on which fuels are cheapest at the time! - so I can fix it. This will make great turbo fuel!

grey99max 07-07-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8112202)
:laugh: Gutted like a guy when he didn't pay the mafia.

I'm having a hard time finding a 4th gen for cheap though. Goal would be 11s for around $2000.

11s for $2K? Maybe I should do that with my old beat-up red '93 basic D21 pickup - 350Z/6spd should push that little truck along... but that requires more time that I don't have.

krazy6 07-07-2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8112269)
11s for $2K? Maybe I should do that with my old beat-up red '93 basic D21 pickup - 350Z/6spd should push that little truck along... but that requires more time that I don't have.

That's the plan. Whether it be done with my 6th gen, a 4th gen, or something else. I wanna go faster! :D

grey99max 07-08-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8112484)
That's the plan. Whether it be done with my 6th gen, a 4th gen, or something else. I wanna go faster! :D

I wonder what the people at the Import Faceoff shows would think of a little red Nissan pickup hotrod? I don't remember ever seeing one on a dragstrip. Maybe a LS1 conversion? Heh....

EDIT: yesterday I ordered some clear high pressure nylon hose (3/16" 2500 psi burst) for nitrous, and a roll of 5/32" red nylon tubing for fuel - much lower burst, but still a lot higher that 45psi. Funny thing is that the high pressure hose is only available in clear 3/16" (100 ft) and red hose is only available in 5/32" (50 ft for me). I set up a corporate account to order thru Graingers.

I can use the same -3AN tube nuts and sleeves, but need both sizes of olives (3/16" and 4mm) to seal the joints. I bought a bunch of both sizes, but I may just use the 3/16 line for both nitrous and fuel. The red and blue tube nuts are enough to identify what's going thru them. Red tube nuts and sleeves are hard to find except NOS brand for $5 per nut, so I found them cheap from Woody's. I still need a batch of funnel jets for the nozzles, so back to Cold Fusion for .020 and .012 funnel jets.

Getting closer to installation.

krazy6 07-08-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8112653)
I wonder what the people at the Import Faceoff shows would think of a little red Nissan pickup hotrod? I don't remember ever seeing one on a dragstrip. Maybe a LS1 conversion? Heh....

EDIT: yesterday I ordered some clear high pressure nylon hose (3/16" 2500 psi burst) for nitrous, and a roll of 5/32" red nylon tubing for fuel - much lower burst, but still a lot higher that 45psi. Funny thing is that the high pressure hose is only available in clear 3/16" (100 ft) and red hose is only available in 5/32" (50 ft for me). I set up a corporate account to order thru Graingers.

I can use the same -3AN tube nuts and sleeves, but need both sizes of olives (3/16" and 4mm) to seal the joints. I bought a bunch of both sizes, but I may just use the 3/16 line for both nitrous and fuel. The red and blue tube nuts are enough to identify what's going thru them. Red tube nuts and sleeves are hard to find except NOS brand for $5 per nut, so I found them cheap from Woody's. I still need a batch of funnel jets for the nozzles, so back to Cold Fusion for .020 and .012 funnel jets.

Getting closer to installation.

A hotrod nissan pickup would be awesome. VQ35 with a 350z tranny would work well. :D Truck is probably pretty light too.

Good to hear. Sounds like your getting really close.

grey99max 07-08-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8113318)
A hotrod nissan pickup would be awesome. VQ35 with a 350z tranny would work well. :D Truck is probably pretty light too.

Good to hear. Sounds like your getting really close.

The truck is stupid light - the base model -the K24 stocker weighs more than a VQ does, and this one has a five-spd in it. Weight removal is the front and rear bumper, maybe one bucket in place of the bench seat. They also came with a V6 in the XE model, probably a VG 3.3, but I don't know for sure. Now a real class act would be to take a VQ35 and automatic package and mount this in the rear, kinda like my old 63 Econoline with a rear-mounted modded 302 in a cradle. A wheelstanding D21 pickup - Hmmmm... on nitrous....

I'm getting closer - getting all this new-to-me hardware assembled takes more time than I like, but the Alty UIM is coming off this weekend and getting some holes drilled for injectors.

krazy6 07-08-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8113428)
The truck is stupid light - the base model -the K24 stocker weighs more than a VQ does, and this one has a five-spd in it. Weight removal is the front and rear bumper, maybe one bucket in place of the bench seat. They also came with a V6 in the XE model, probably a VG 3.3, but I don't know for sure. Now a real class act would be to take a VQ35 and automatic package and mount this in the rear, kinda like my old 63 Econoline with a rear-mounted modded 302 in a cradle. A wheelstanding D21 pickup - Hmmmm... on nitrous....

I'm getting closer - getting all this new-to-me hardware assembled takes more time than I like, but the Alty UIM is coming off this weekend and getting some holes drilled for injectors.

V6 with an auto in the rear would be awesome! Do it! :D

That's what I like to hear.

grey99max 07-08-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8113554)
V6 with an auto in the rear would be awesome! Do it! :D

That's what I like to hear.

I think you should do it.... :D

krazy6 07-08-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8113611)
I think you should do it.... :D

I could probably build it, but it would take me forever. :D

I wanna build something in less than 6 months and start racing it.

grey99max 07-12-2011 11:06 AM

I just got off the phone with Ty at IPT in Jersey, and my experimental 4000-stall 10-1/2" torque converter is done and going on the truck today. I even got the converter on sale with a free T-shirt. :) I will probably wait a while before dealing with installation - I want to finish the entire nitrous package (both stages) and test it before making any other changes, and with the weather at 100* or more every day, working on the car will have to wait.

I'm still waiting on some parts, anyway - but I now have a bunch of 3AN tube nuts and sleeves and 3/16" olives and other related parts. Did some layout work with the 1/8" aluminum plate for all the nitrous stuff that will mount on hinges on the front valve cover. Plan is to be able to remove two nuts and fold up the plate to get to the front plugs, remove the 08 Altima intake manifold to get to the rear plugs, and not have to disconnect anything. At least that's the plan.... :eek:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the 4K torque converter was $468 delivered, on sale.

krazy6 07-12-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8118124)
I just got off the phone with Ty at IPT in Jersey, and my experimental 4000-stall 10-1/2" torque converter is done and going on the truck today. I even got the converter on sale with a free T-shirt. :) I will probably wait a while before dealing with installation - I want to finish the entire nitrous package (both stages) and test it before making any other changes, and with the weather at 100* or more every day, working on the car will have to wait.

I'm still waiting on some parts, anyway - but I now have a bunch of 3AN tube nuts and sleeves and 3/16" olives and other related parts. Did some layout work with the 1/8" aluminum plate for all the nitrous stuff that will mount on hinges on the front valve cover. Plan is to be able to remove two nuts and fold up the plate to get to the front plugs, remove the 08 Altima intake manifold to get to the rear plugs, and not have to disconnect anything. At least that's the plan.... :eek:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the 4K torque converter was $468 delivered, on sale.

One step closer. :D

$468 seems like a pretty good deal to me!

grey99max 07-12-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8118776)
One step closer. :D

$468 seems like a pretty good deal to me!

Yeah - too bad you don't have an automatic!

EDIT: forgot about this - IPT is interested in photos of the LandShark, possibly for their web site - customer's car racing with their products, and all that. I'm gonna need some trackside videos, once I'm ready. You up for that?

krazy6 07-12-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8118781)
Yeah - too bad you don't have an automatic!

EDIT: forgot about this - IPT is interested in photos of the LandShark, possibly for their web site - customer's car racing with their products, and all that. I'm gonna need some trackside videos, once I'm ready. You up for that?

I like driving a manual. :D

I would definitely take some video for you!

grey99max 07-13-2011 06:54 AM

FedEx delivered a 100 ft roll of 3/16" nylon semi-rigid clear tubing last night, along with a 50 ft roll of red 5/32" (4mm) nylon tubing. The 3/16 tubing is rated at 960psi duty for nitrous and the red 5/32 is a couple of hundred psi - more than enough for fuel delivery.

Since the temperature had dropped back to the low 90s, I cut a couple of pieces off each roll and made some test connections to a NOS nozzle. All that stuff with tube nuts, tube sleeves and olives (compression fittings) actually works. Amazing that it's this simple...

I also sawed off a chunk of 1/8 6061 aluminum into a 8" x 14" piece and kinda smoothed the edges. I have two nice hinges for the valve cover mount to try next. I had to deal with a dug-up street and no water and the upstairs AC unit was dead, and a severe storm was coming, so I put all this aside. Some progress, but today is our anniversary, so no car work tonight.

The torque converter delivers on Friday, according to FedEx.

grey99max 07-13-2011 08:06 PM

Misc. photos of new nylon line and test connections on a nozzle.

The 8" x 14" aluminum mounting plate for nitrous - there will be eight distro blocks and four solenoids mounted here. Somehow....

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2027.jpg

Nothing dramatic - the red 5/32" nylon and the killer 3/16" 960psi line. Rare stuff.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2025.jpg

One piece of 3/16 line connected to a nozzle with the tube nut/sleeve combo. This may actually work!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2026.jpg

Too much yet to do......

grey99max 07-18-2011 08:18 PM

I made some progress on Sunday early, before the heat set in again.

IPT 4000 stall torque converter.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2028.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2029.jpg

New hinged mounting plate for nitrous stuff. This will let me mount eight distribution blocks and other parts, but swing it up to service the spark plugs and engine oil.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2031.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2034.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2032.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1/DSCN2033.jpg

krazy6 07-18-2011 09:51 PM

Interested to see how the car launches with the new converter. Should be pretty awesome! :D

aackshun 07-19-2011 04:59 AM

How is it going to stay down, or err not move around so much to twist and bend the nawzz lines??

//Edit, I see now....

grey99max 07-19-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun (Post 8126871)
How is it going to stay down, or err not move around so much to twist and bend the nawzz lines??

//Edit, I see now....

So you noticed the two long captive bolts? They hold the front edge of the plate to the valve cover nicely, and it's quick to release by spinning out the bolts.

Next task is to mount two stacked pairs of distribution blocks (one outlet plugged per block) on the left side of the plate and figure out the plumbing. I'll need both a nitrous and fuel purge for the two systems right on the plate. The nitrous feed line will be longer than the fuel path, so I don't go lean when first spraying. I'll probably have two small purge solenoids on the plate and the main solenoids over on the fender well. This time I'm going to insulate everything to reduce heat soak - nitrous is no longer a liquid around 97.5*F, it turns into a "superfluid" which isn't good. I also need to remove the Altima UIM and drill holes for the IS nozzles.

Our week-long heat wave is really messing with my schedule - air temps of 100* or more every day, and heat index 110* or more. Tools become too hot to pick up, and the heat will continue through the weekend. :bawling:

aackshun 07-19-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8127080)
So you noticed the two long captive bolts? They hold the front edge of the plate to the valve cover nicely, and it's quick to release by spinning out the bolts.

Our week-long heat wave is really messing with my schedule - air temps of 100* or more every day, and heat index 110* or more. Tools become too hot to pick up, and the heat will continue through the weekend. :bawling:

Yes, I saw after I posted, silly me, doubting your wise (crazy) ways.

Ah that's nuffin! Wait till you get some humidity with that heat... good lord... I died taking my hood off my car and damn near passed out again when putting it back on a few weeks back.

grey99max 07-19-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun (Post 8127233)
Yes, I saw after I posted, silly me, doubting your wise (crazy) ways.

Ah that's nuffin! Wait till you get some humidity with that heat... good lord... I died taking my hood off my car and damn near passed out again when putting it back on a few weeks back.

Does Houston have humidity? :D - we're the hottest place in the nation for last week and apparently the rest of this week. The heat index right now is 103* and tomorrow's is predicted for 115*. I wish we could get back in the mid 90s....

aackshun 07-19-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8127428)
Does Houston have humidity? :D - we're the hottest place in the nation for last week and apparently the rest of this week. The heat index right now is 103* and tomorrow's is predicted for 115*. I wish we could get back in the mid 90s....

Very much, I remember the first time I went to KS, y'all had a heat wave and I was like what the? :confused: It feels wonderful out here, not that icky "WHO JUST TOOK A SHOWER" feeling outside.

Also I remember there being an occasional breeze... every once in awhile during Summer Workouts... Ah Kansas... To bad there are not going plans to return for school :(, I'll have to see the shark on my vacay time.

grey99max 07-19-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun (Post 8127574)
Very much, I remember the first time I went to KS, y'all had a heat wave and I was like what the? :confused: It feels wonderful out here, not that icky "WHO JUST TOOK A SHOWER" feeling outside.

Also I remember there being an occasional breeze... every once in awhile during Summer Workouts... Ah Kansas... To bad there are not going plans to return for school :(, I'll have to see the shark on my vacay time.

You're always welcome - the Shark likes you. :nervous: Are you going to have a Maxus 2011-1/2 at Odessa? I'm still planning on going to Yello Belly dragstrip near Dallas - 1/8 mile, no rules, run-what-ya-brung racing. Heh...

aackshun 07-19-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8127584)
You're always welcome - the Shark likes you. :nervous: Are you going to have a Maxus 2011-1/2 at Odessa? I'm still planning on going to Yello Belly dragstrip near Dallas - 1/8 mile, no rules, run-what-ya-brung racing. Heh...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5746456_n.jpg
How could they not like eachother?

I'm trying to have a mini 4th gen shootout, but I'm the only guy w/ a psuedo-running 4th gen... The other participants car's are either, untuned w/ tuning problems or have a runaway piston.

We'd love to see the landshark on a trailer down there :cool:

grey99max 07-19-2011 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun (Post 8127640)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5746456_n.jpg
How could they not like eachother?

I'm trying to have a mini 4th gen shootout, but I'm the only guy w/ a psuedo-running 4th gen... The other participants car's are either, untuned w/ tuning problems or have a runaway piston.

We'd love to see the landshark on a trailer down there :cool:

If I can get this car running strong with nitrous, I'm planning on making some trips to tracks further south of Kansas, like Tulsa, Ennis, YelloBelly, and whatever else is still open late in the fall in Texas. Is there an Import Faceoff in Houston?

EDIT: I'm tired of all this heat - I'm taking off work for a few days so I can do stuff early in the mornings.

aackshun 07-19-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8127699)
If I can get this car running strong with nitrous, I'm planning on making some trips to tracks further south of Kansas, like Tulsa, Ennis, YelloBelly, and whatever else is still open late in the fall in Texas. Is there an Import Faceoff in Houston?

EDIT: I'm tired of all this heat - I'm taking off work for a few days so I can do stuff early in the mornings.

Yup, October!!!!!!! That's my goal for a Alty VQ35 cammer!!! :cool:

krazy6 07-19-2011 06:50 PM

I'm glad i'm not in kansas right now. That heat has got to suck!

grey99max 07-19-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6 (Post 8128129)
I'm glad i'm not in kansas right now. That heat has got to suck!

Excessive heat - I'll save some for you for the fall. Right now it's 95.6* in my garage. :spike:

aackshun 07-20-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8128201)
Excessive heat - I'll save some for you for the fall. Right now it's 95.6* in my garage. :spike:

Good lord, that's miserable, use the nawz to cool down :D

krazy6 07-20-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max (Post 8128201)

Hopefully you forget. lol

I hate the heat. Don't mind the cold other than the fact that I can't race.

aackshun 07-22-2011 03:15 PM

I just changed a few radios over today @ work.... I'm soaking in sweat, I was outside for no longer than 20 mins, and I feel like death! The sad part is it's not even that hot, the humidity here is SOOOO REDICULOUS!