Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

I Am New Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 12:18 PM

I Am New Need Advice

I just put a supercharger on my max i have alot of questions!

FINALLY everything is done and done right my questions are!

1) can i start my car normaly now that i have this on ? or do i have to wait extra long.

2) when I am done driving can i just turn my car off and go?

3) what are the basics for tuning my max that i can do! if any! after everyday driving!

4) can i take my maxima on long trips?

5) if my engine is done right can this SC hurt my engine at all?

well i have more questions but i cant think of them now! i just need to know what do i have to do to my car if i am goin to be driving it everyday (almost) and if you have other questions that u had and u have answers to now please tell me i would like to welcome my self into the SC maxima familly and i would like all your answers! thanks alot GUYS!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:41 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

I've answered your question below:

Originally Posted by Eldinhasamax
I just put a supercharger on my max i have alot of questions!

FINALLY everything is done and done right my questions are!

1) can i start my car normaly now that i have this on ? or do i have to wait extra long. - I just drive away but I won't boost until after the engine is thoroughly warmed up. Boosting on a cold engine will cause the drive belt to jump.

2) when I am done driving can i just turn my car off and go? - yep, its not a turbo where you can coke the bearings.

3) what are the basics for tuning my max that i can do! if any! after everyday driving! - if its stock you can't really tune it withouth having an adjustable fmu (eg. Cartech, Vortech SuperFMU, etc.)

4) can i take my maxima on long trips? - you can. best to have metal pulleys to replace the plastic ones.

5) if my engine is done right can this SC hurt my engine at all? - no but depending on how often you get on the boost it would be the tranny you should worry about more.