Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Supercharged/Turbocharged (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged-38/)
-   -   AEM Fic in 4th gen (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged/615013-aem-fic-4th-gen.html)

SouthFlMaxTech 06-04-2010 11:01 PM

AEM Fic in 4th gen

Well I got my aem fic running tonight finally after a week of messing with it,
and it does run a 4gen maxima and the timing works on it too.. neat little set-up and a good option vs emanage.. if anyone has any questions let me know.. im running it on my 1996maxima with a z32 maf, 410cc injectors and a t3/t4 custom turbo setup.. and I have a 2008 3.5l in there out of a 2008 maxima.. with a pathfinder tb..

i30dvr 06-05-2010 04:15 AM

pics and vids meow :)

wirelessdude04 06-05-2010 07:07 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

SouthFlMaxTech 06-05-2010 07:14 AM

ok ill get some i have some pics of the wires when i was hooking them up.. but ill get some pics..

maxgtr2000 06-05-2010 09:05 AM

The aems are a pretty good package deal, I believe they have all the harness connections to injectors and timing built in and the map sensor, so yeah it is a good deal vs emanage blue since you have to buy all that separate. I just didn't know if they were compatible with our mafs. Good to know.

essential1 06-05-2010 09:22 AM

Stillpimpin has been using it to tune his turbo 5.5 for a while now so i'm not surprised that it works for the 4th gen. Thanks for confirming it. Now we need videos and pics or ban...:)

streetzlegend 06-05-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by SouthFlMaxTech (Post 7589120)
Well I got my aem fic running tonight finally after a week of messing with it,
and it does run a 4gen maxima and the timing works on it too.. neat little set-up and a good option vs emanage.. if anyone has any questions let me know.. im running it on my 1996maxima with a z32 maf, 410cc injectors and a t3/t4 custom turbo setup.. and I have a 2008 3.5l in there out of a 2008 maxima.. with a pathfinder tb..

May I ask, how much was your total investment to get it running?

nismomaxct 06-05-2010 11:09 AM

Did you use the extension/patch harness they offer? I know the AEM website says it only works with the 2004-2008 Maxima, but didn't know if that was incorrect.

MoncefA33 06-05-2010 11:18 AM

So can you control ignition advance and retard? How about rev limit?

maxgtr2000 06-05-2010 02:41 PM

So this does intercept the injector signal but it doesn't intercept individual coils for timing like the emanage, it hooks up to the crank and cam sensor? More info on the timing control if it works properly please.

Emanage blue vs aem fic article

SouthFlMaxTech 06-05-2010 08:22 PM

ok so you can only retard timing not advance, it does hook up to all 6 injectors intercets, and it hooks up to the cam and crank singal, I had a timing light on the crank pulley and you could see that it was chaning timing!! would you guys like pics of my notebook in my car lol or my harness, and it does not hook up to the coils at all.. and does not change the rev-limiter but I dont need to change that, turbo 3.5 stock internals dont like high revs... here are some pics of when I was doing the wiring from a extend harness I made some time agao. total invesment wasnt that much I got the unit used becuase I was unsure if it was going to work so i didnt want to buy new, I had the injectors and maf etc etc before this.....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMAGE_100.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMAGE_099.jpg

streetzlegend 06-06-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000 (Post 7589695)
So this does intercept the injector signal but it doesn't intercept individual coils for timing like the emanage, it hooks up to the crank and cam sensor? More info on the timing control if it works properly please.

Emanage blue vs aem fic article

Oh interesting, I always thoguht the AEM was a stand alone! hmmm

turbok2x 06-06-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend (Post 7590509)
Oh interesting, I always thoguht the AEM was a stand alone! hmmm

aem has a standalone called the aem ems

stillpimpin 06-20-2010 05:09 PM

I've been running the AEM fic for a year now with no problems... its very simple to run and comes with a built-in map sensor.. I would recommend it.

Zigg 07-03-2011 09:18 PM

First: I would absolutely love to hear about your experiences and setup with the F/IC; I'm thinking about purchasing one for my car since I have areas of running way rich and way lean in my powerband, and tend to throw awesome fireballs.
Second: I'm pretty sure you can actually extend the rev limiter, since our limiter is actually a fuel cut, the fuel needs to be enriched up to desired AFR and then the ignition cut can be used on the FIC (which is highly desired in the case of your car, since it's boosted.)
Third: 410cc injectors, are they RDX injectors? How easy was the install of them if that's the case?

SouthFlMaxTech 07-06-2011 10:11 PM

well I am still running the AEM FIC in my maxima but I do not drive it too much.. I need a turbo re-bulid and a good tune.. but I did pass emissions here in colorado with flying colors. So I guess I have it close.. the 410CC injectors im running are from a mustang cobra supercharge they are actually 39lbs and they work good.. I also have a Z32 maf, given that I am running a 3.5l I do not want to raise my rev-limter but the car is alot of fun to drive.. I just reacently changed out my intercooler to a slightly bigger and sience then it does not seem to boost the same.. I am not sure if it is just due to the size or if there is something wrong with it.. I was doing a rb25 swap into a z31 and I needed a smaller one and we could not find one anywhere.. but the one I had in my max was the perfect size.. to install the ford injectors I had to just space the 3.5l fuel rail up where the fuel rail bolts up the lower intake plumen at 4 spots there are these plastic spacers well I just added 2 more to each spot taped them together and got longer bolts got the wires for the injectors and bingo cheap 410cc injectors... I also have a fuel rail out of a murano so I have a supply and return.. becuase the murano has the in line and on the other size there is a damper you can just remove and make that a return.. works perfect.

ajcool2 07-12-2011 01:59 PM

Good info here. Here's a thread I read about the FIC a while back it also has some useful info in it.

http://www.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=57205

97_Roadrunner 09-08-2011 11:26 AM

Hi, I bought the fic6 for my project and I'm currently in the progress of making my own harnest adaptor. I'm wondering if someone could help me, I don't know where is the cam sensor pinout on the 4th gen ecu plug. Thanks in advance. ;)

t6378tp 09-09-2011 02:21 AM

there is a pinout sheet in the all motor forum

97_Roadrunner 09-09-2011 05:58 AM

Not that I didn't search, but it lack the cam pinout. This sheet is intendeed for installing an EMU... but the FIC6 require also to be hooked to the cam sensor. Still, thank you for your interest to my project.
If some who is running an fic can help me on this, it will be much appreciated.

edit: Just got my answer.... CAMSHAFT PINOUT ARE # 46 and 47. Now the work can goes on. Sweeeeeeeet!

Maximeltman 10-08-2012 06:31 AM

Just figure I'll post up on this thread, I just installed my FIC and I basically spliced it into my oem harnes-no adapter, athough I kinda want one.
Questions I have are:
Where do I tap for SIGNAL ground? I tapped into MAF sensor ground, will this do?
Also, I have TWO crankshaft sensors, one of which splits into two pins on the ecu (phase) and then the other on the flywheel (POS). The FIC only has ONE crank sensor intercept- I only tapped into the phase sensor, the one by the crank pulley.
Car has no spark on a blank map. Any ideas for me to try?

VQ'ed 01-07-2016 03:36 PM

any inputs after 3 years, seems interesting for a turbo low boost 5 5 project.

VQ'ed 09-07-2016 04:00 PM

bump. Im still interested in getting some infos for a 1996 supercharged 4th gen