Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Supercharged/Turbocharged (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged-38/)
-   -   Well it turned on.. (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged/622487-well-turned.html)

NoMam 10-14-2010 07:46 AM

Well it turned on..

When i got the call from the mechanic he said the car was running fine with just the reflashed ecu. When he installed the EU, the car had trouble starting..and smoking really bad. SO i drove it home 30 bux in gas and 15 miles later..im less than a quater tank.

But when i hooked up the EU it ready all 0's assuming its not doing anything. So i re looked over the wiring and it was all wrong. When i would try to start it it would spuder and spuder and finally turn on with gas on the floor. SO i brought it home and jack it up, no fuel leaks. So whats next? Ive re-soldered every wire and tapped every wire...and now the car doesnt even turn on. It just leaks gas throu the bottom..im sure it cant be every cylinder....I followed dandy? write up- double checked it, a32 since it a 96 ecu...

What are the 4 yllw switches in front of EU do?

Ive double checked everything all wires are fine...any idea?

OC_Nooby 10-14-2010 08:07 AM

you made sure the jumpers where set properly?

akurtzer57 10-14-2010 11:59 AM

What size injectors you running. Where exactly is the fuel leaking from. From the little info you gave it sounds to me like you have much larger injectors than stock and car is flooding bad due to improper tune. Take out your fuel pump fuse and try to start it if it starts and runs for a sec its definately flooded.

2000_MAXIMA_KING 10-14-2010 12:07 PM

I'm assuming there is some kind of initial setup for the eu just like the afc's. Was it setup right? And if you bought it used you might be running the previous owners fuel maps which wouldn't apply to your car.

2000_MAXIMA_KING 10-14-2010 12:12 PM

Well since you placed this thread in the fi section its safe to assume you obviously aren't running stock components so for sure its because the eu wasn't setup right for your engine and your tune is probably way off.

MoncefA33 10-14-2010 12:20 PM

If you have bigger than stock injectors you need to go into the EU parameter settings and enter that info, so it rescales your injector maps and the car can run like stock.

NoMam 10-15-2010 11:40 AM

well silly me on the write up i didnt realize * - - - - - -* meant to cut and connnect input and out put in seperate. i had them just spliced about in inch apart...

So i corrected it runs good now. THe injecters are 540 is what the emanage is reading, i thought they were 555's but i guess wrong...

the emanage is still running all 0's im waiting for my tuneer to stop smoking weed and become unlazy and tune it for it. But since its reading all 0's its running off the reflashed ecu, correct?

I am getting fuel cut just while driving normal though. Im gonna look at fuel pump and make sure its clean since the car was sitting for a about a year...and replace my fuel filter. SHould i change the oil/ spark plugs as well?

OC_Nooby 10-15-2010 03:03 PM

Why not, have it in tip top shape for the tuner.

aic96max 10-16-2010 12:55 PM

haha toyota and nissan tuner i used in miami did his best work high lol

Crusher103 10-16-2010 03:54 PM

i bet if u look in ur exhaust u will just find fuel just chillin.

321VQ35MAX 10-16-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103 (Post 7777823)

:facepalm:

NoMam 10-23-2010 12:01 PM

haha

Rood 10-23-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103 (Post 7777823)

:laugh:

maxima92se 10-30-2010 05:15 PM

How did you scale your injectors back?? for some reason I am having a hard time scaling them back. Seems like my ECU is running in closed loop therefore rejects my input to pull fuel, How did you guys manage that?

NoMam 11-12-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by maxima92se (Post 7795860)
How did you scale your injectors back?? for some reason I am having a hard time scaling them back. Seems like my ECU is running in closed loop therefore rejects my input to pull fuel, How did you guys manage that?

call greddy, i did. They helped alot. Isnt a long wait, he will even walk you throu it

Unklejoe 11-14-2010 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by maxima92se (Post 7795860)

Your ecu wants the car to run at 14.7. The ECU isn't rejecting the changes. The scaling will allow your fuel trims to be closer to 0, where as now they are probably far in the negatives.