Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Supercharged/Turbocharged (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged-38/)
-   -   Upgraded My Vortech Supercharger to the New PossumCharger (https://maxima.org/forums/supercharged-turbocharged/656135-upgraded-my-vortech-supercharger-new-possumcharger.html)

MAXecutive 09-30-2012 08:40 PM

Upgraded My Vortech Supercharger to the New PossumCharger

7 Attachment(s)
I posted this on NYCMaximas.org, I'll share it here with you guys too:

I'll let the pics do the talking here ...

Relocation to make space for the Vortech Supercharger:
Attachment 41006

V2 Kit installed:
Attachment 41007

Removed V2 and installed new PossumCharger
Attachment 41008

Attachment 41009

Attachment 41010

Look at it scream into that motor!
Attachment 41011

Attachment 41012

I opened the hood to hook up the BatteryMinder and was making the connections with the clip on leads. I reached down towards the transmission mount bolt to install the negative lead and started to scrape it clean. As I started to blow off the shavings, I heard leaves rustling. I was surprised that I could make the leaves shake on the tree 5ft away ... I tried it again and the same thing happened, the 3rd time it didn't rustle so I thought I was just hearing things. After deciding to look for a better location for the ground, I started searching around the hood latch area and noticed a pile of leaves and then a huge furry thing. It then started to play possum with me :banghead:

The last time I drove the car was 4 weeks ago to a meet. I had it covered up since then like always and didn't start since then. Thank god my battery was almost dead and I still didn't have my clutch safety harness bypassed. I would of hit the remote start to let the car idle for a bit. It would of gotten caught on the belts and I would end up with blood and guts everywhere.

My dad and I ended up using pepper spray on it and it would barely move. Then I took the hose on the jet mode and started spraying it from a distance. It ran up the strut bar and jumped out on the driver side. It ran around the yard in a circle to only come back to the same spot. I kept spraying it down and chased it out the yard.

So if you take your supercharger out, make sure you drive the car or fill up that space asap ...

kasso28 09-30-2012 08:58 PM

lmfao! thats crazy, I would've def. jumped up hit my head on the hood if I saw that.

max_dreamer 09-30-2012 09:10 PM

damn! WTF! how'd he make such a nice little nest in there! I wouldnt think he had the room to get in and out but it looks like he was totally chill in there?

glad ya didnt kill him and he didnt kill the car...

cool story though!

ChrisMan287 09-30-2012 09:13 PM

How much whp/tq did you pick up?

AllMaxxedOut 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

Can't say that hasn't happened before.

Happened in old 3rd gen before I sold it.

Went to take some parts off to put onto other 3rd and possum was sitting by battery keeping the charge good.

Thankfully battery was dead as well and I never tried to start while battery was still good.

Heard nominal gains of 12-15 hp though. :D

MAXecutive 10-01-2012 04:15 PM

I know its crazy. I was thinking of waiting until I come home tonight when the battery is fully charged and hit the panic alarm ... It's 1 minute of constant horn ... That'll teach it a good lesson.

Nealoc187 10-01-2012 06:18 PM

lulz

datdude20 10-02-2012 03:39 AM

:spit:

8000watts 10-02-2012 11:05 AM

I was fooled... :tardsmash lol

L36 10-02-2012 11:39 AM

I had squirrels live in the air box of my 89 mazda 626. Had it parked for 6 months before a start up only to be surprised by 2 squirrels jetting away from the underside of the car.

Car survived but there was a lot of thrash in the air box. Good thing they did not chew the filter up or the engine would be toast.

MAXecutive 10-02-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by L36 (Post 8624875)
I had squirrels live in the air box of my 89 mazda 626. Had it parked for 6 months before a start up only to be surprised by 2 squirrels jetting away from the underside of the car.

Car survived but there was a lot of thrash in the air box. Good thing they did not chew the filter up or the engine would be toast.

LOL, I learned to drive on the exact same car. Now I'm terrified to leave any of my cars parked up. The max has been sitting around for about 3yrs in the same exact spot. I barely use this car anymore.

altezzablazes 10-03-2012 04:42 PM

this is too funny lol

ptatohed 10-20-2012 11:42 PM

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing. :)

MAXecutive 10-21-2012 06:46 AM

I found him in there again last night ... It made an even bigger nest this time. Damn, this sucks ...

MaximaSpd85 10-21-2012 08:59 AM

Dang thats crazy. Do they have any natural predators? I would say place a fake dog there or something while youre not driving it to keep it away. Or a bucket of some kinda chemical that has an unpleasant odor to them.

MAXecutive 10-21-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85 (Post 8643253)
Dang thats crazy. Do they have any natural predators? I would say place a fake dog there or something while youre not driving it to keep it away. Or a bucket of some kinda chemical that has an unpleasant odor to them.

After I chased it out the 2nd time, I removed the nest and washed the engine bay. I put down some powdered cayenne pepper all over the path he was using to come in and where the s/c goes. A week later (last weekend), I checked and did not see any sign of it. I put down some more pepper, ran the engine for 15 minutes and locked everything up. So he made a new nest during this past week. I may try moth balls next.

MaximaSpd85 10-21-2012 09:29 AM

I read that mothballs or ammonia could do the trick. Its a shame you gotta do this lol

MAXecutive 10-21-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85 (Post 8643263)
I read that mothballs or ammonia could do the trick. Its a shame you gotta do this lol

Yea, I'll get some moth balls today and clean it out. I debating on whether or not I should call someone to trap and remove it.