Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://maxima.org/forums/tires-wheels-53/)
-   -   Uneven tire wear............Check it out (https://maxima.org/forums/tires-wheels/199439-uneven-tire-wear-check-out.html)

Ammi 12-28-2003 09:16 AM

Uneven tire wear............Check it out

had all 4 tires replaced for my other car but then this morning when I was rotating my tires, I noticed that front driverside tire tred was way lower than passengerside tire. Back 2 still looks new but compared to the passengerside tire, tred is worn out at least twice as much. Dead springs? Dead shocks?

MaxDoogie 12-28-2003 09:18 AM

too much peeling out without a LSD? there could be so many causes for that, but most likely it is from peeling out and not rotating the tires enough

Ammi 12-28-2003 09:25 AM

never peeled out.

Zero Deuce SE 12-28-2003 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ammi
had all 4 tires replaced for my other car but then this morning when I was rotating my tires, I noticed that front driverside tire tred was way lower than passengerside tire. Back 2 still looks new but compared to the passengerside tire, tred is worn out at least twice as much. Dead springs? Dead shocks?

Did you get a wheel alignment after you replaced the tires? It sounds like it could be related to alignment.

Ammi 12-28-2003 09:54 AM

I never get wheel alignment after I replace tires. All my cars are fine except this one. I'm leaning towards not rotating my tires regularly

mikelly 12-28-2003 10:25 AM

Maybe you should get an alignment and see how it goes. Your car can still misalign
just driving normally after x-mount of miles.

Mike

I never get wheel alignment after I replace tires. All my cars are fine except this one. I'm leaning towards not rotating my tires regularly

PearlWhtMaX2000 12-28-2003 11:11 AM

i have the same prob i think its an allignment

Zero Deuce SE 12-28-2003 11:20 AM

I always get an alignment when I replace tires. It just ensures that everything is within specs and I don't have to worry about any uneven tire wear from worn parts or out of spec alignment. If you choose not to rotate your tires, you will still have uneven wear on one or more tires. It's just good insurance IMHO.

MaximaPolak 12-28-2003 01:41 PM

You turn too much the way of the good tire.
It could be your Tire Pressure.

irish44j 12-28-2003 01:51 PM

Previous car (when I was young and stupid) = misaligned (supposedly was aligned by the place I bought the new tires, I guess not, thought) = totally wore down the inside of my right front tire down to NO TREAD (outside edge looked fine)....

My advice....GET YOUR CAR ALIGNED....
There's a reason shops do alignments all the time....because when you hit potholes, drive aggressively, hit speed bumps, whatever - the car gets out of alignment. Spend 50 bucks now on an alignment, or spend hundreds later on new tires (and an alignment then...)

Alignment should be done whenever suspension is taken apart too (to add new springs, struts, etc.)

Newman 12-28-2003 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by PearlWhtMaX2000
i have the same prob i think its an allignment

i had the same problem and it WAS my alignment. it was waaaaaay off.

maxspeed96CT 12-29-2003 06:47 PM

it can be from inproper inflation.

robtroxel 11-09-2018 06:26 AM

Never any issues with tire wear. 35 lbs all around and front to rear rotation every 5000 miles. When your tire start to make that "chonga-chonga noise @ 35 - 45 Mph, it is too late