3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I didn't understand what you meant?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I didn't understand what you meant?

What did you mean by autotragic transmission? Is it something that can be easily fixed? Been racking my brain trying to get what your saying?
Old 12-18-2016, 04:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was also wondering could.You suggest what I should do because this.Is my 5th transmission that I've'm put in this car. Kerry's transmission charged me 2600 and it went out before that summer came in good and then took it back and he.put a rusty transmission in my car and it ran couple month and he died too so u can see where I'm going with this. And this job I paid.him 600.00 . Has a crook I think and that ad to do people that way.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:26 PM

When people say autotragic meaning there junk. Do a 5 speed swap.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Leonard Logan
I was also wondering could.You suggest what I should do because this.Is my 5th transmission that I've'm put in this car. Kerry's transmission charged me 2600 and it went out before that summer came in good and then took it back and he.put a rusty transmission in my car and it ran couple month and he died too so u can see where I'm going with this. And this job I paid.him 600.00 . Has a crook I think and that ad to do people that way.
that's something you need to bring up with the shop. not sure what we can help in the forum.

we're all just speculating on the transmission issue here.

keep in mind your transmission went out...throwing in a junk yard one may not be the best idea since the cars are quite old and have questionable history on a weak design from nissan. for 2600 i assume the shop charged you to rebuild your current unit. was there a warranty?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:12 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

"Autotragic" is just a play on the word "automatic" and "tragic".

As in, it's tragic to have an automatic transmission. That's all that's meant by it. It's just a goofy light hearted barb against automatic transmissions which "enthusiasts" typically despise because they suck all the fun out of cars and also, as you're finding out, they get very costly and problematic to maintain as they age.