4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

******* Tow Truck Company!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:01 AM

******* Tow Truck Company!!!!!

Got towed in a snow emergency even though it wasn't broadcasted..aside from taking all of my quarters..my black leather seat has a 3 inch gash on the front drivers seat..side part..closest to the arm rest..called my insurance company..they said 500 dollar deductable. I was thinking of either a) slicing and dicing the tires of the towing company ( 4 tires = 500 bux = close enough) or taking them to small claims where they can pay for the damage..what do you think?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
This is a democracy

small claims might be worth it. but thats ****ty man sorry to hear about your car. how did they get inside your car to slice the seat?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:08 AM
It's chrome alright...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE-thug!

Old 03-01-2005, 09:09 AM

i leave my e-break on, and car in 2nd gear..he had to open the door to get in, I'm now actually going to check if he did any damage to the doors. I was pissed enough walking in the snow at 3am to pay 100 bux for my car return and 50 bux for a ticket..now this..but the quarters really kicked it..i had like 5 quarters..wtf
Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
This is a democracy

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
EEEEEEEEEEEEE-thug!

dont you have a 5th gen?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by Irishmax99
dont you have a 5th gen?
I was bored at work and wanted some entertainment
Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 AM

lol^^^^^

btw eclypsecl i would go show that tow trunk company whose boss
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Custom User Title...

i doubt you'll get any compensation for it from them but best of luck. it sux, but i've heard it's tough to prove and actually get anything from them.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
This is a democracy

first of all have you tried asking them about it? contacting them? ask them to replace it since it wasnt there before you got towed. and then if they dont want to proceed with court, dont be stupid and go slash their tires. if you want to get them back, atleast get a new seat while your at it.

btw i dont know how small claims is like where you are, but when i went to court for my body kit i never got about 2 years ago, it took about 2-3 months to get a court date so dont expect this to go by quickly.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
The original VQ...

why did you need your car towed?

Did your car break?

where were you when it got towed?

Seems like somethings missng here ......
Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 AM
My heroine

Originally Posted by eclypsecl
i leave my e-break on, and car in 2nd gear..he had to open the door to get in, I'm now actually going to check if he did any damage to the doors. I was pissed enough walking in the snow at 3am to pay 100 bux for my car return and 50 bux for a ticket..now this..but the quarters really kicked it..i had like 5 quarters..wtf
1)jesus man, do you live on top of mt. st. helens?... I think either the e-brake, or 2nd gear would be enough to keep you from rolling..

2)just get new leather.. it'll be cheaper than the 500 deductible from the insurance...

3)the thing you're most pissed about is 5 quarters?... you know, banks still have them, they didn't go out of circulation or anything like that..
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
My heroine

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT

Did your car break?

snow emergency... if your car is on the street and they can't plow they will tow it..

what's missing is reading comprehension
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got towed in a snow emergency even though it wasn't broadcasted..aside from taking all of my quarters..my black leather seat has a 3 inch gash on the front drivers seat..side part..closest to the arm rest..called my insurance company..they said 500 dollar deductable. I was thinking of either a) slicing and dicing the tires of the towing company ( 4 tires = 500 bux = close enough) or taking them to small claims where they can pay for the damage..what do you think?
Don't do anything stupid. First you should go to the tow company and complain. Then let your insurance company deal with it while you get the car fixed. If you're not at fault, you'll get your money back.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 AM
This is a democracy

Did your car break?

try reading the whole thread before posting
Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
The original VQ...

well i wasnt sure what he ment by snow emergancy, if his car broke or wether it got towed becauase of a parking ban.

It gona be real hard to prov that the gash was becuase of the towing company nad wasnt there before...
Old 03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
lefty

I thought you ment he stole your quarter panels when I first browsed thru the message.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:25 AM

Old 03-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by willis
1)jesus man, do you live on top of mt. st. helens?... I think either the e-brake, or 2nd gear would be enough to keep you from rolling..

2)just get new leather.. it'll be cheaper than the 500 deductible from the insurance...

3)the thing you're most pissed about is 5 quarters?... you know, banks still have them, they didn't go out of circulation or anything like that..
Principles man principles!

There is principalities in this!

SMILE!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:36 PM

Well, I called the tow company..they said their boss will take a look at the seat. The driver, as he told me himself, spent 8 years in jail for assault and batterty with intent to kill..which explains why he's a thief. I won't slash the tires..but all of a sudden 1203120310 things came crashing down expensive things...The snow emergency was NOT announced for my town, 3 surrounding towns did have it, there was barely any snow. I took a look, they were towing cars left and right. Three cars in a row were towed, a subaru awd, and some kind of acura. You know how they tow awd's when no flat bed? They leave it in neutral or ebreak on, and just drag it accross the snow..pure luck how that doesn't break the car. Anyway, I want my 150 bucks back too, un-announced snow emergency? Seems like they're looking for money, the big dig is over budget.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Max96GLE
pics of what? The rip? Missing quarters? MY angry/sad face? Slashed tires? Be more specific
Old 03-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by willis

1) I went bowling once with my girlfriend and her friends, all of a sudden a guy in loudspeaker says "Black maxima rolling down the street" everyone laughed, I was called break boy.

2) Slashed tires sound much better, along with new leather

3) 5 quarters just shows how low people can get, that they'll steal..I mean..I can't afford jeans..I have the same pair for a year now..those quarters were gas money. Premium's expensive
Old 03-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Well, I called the tow company..they said their boss will take a look at the seat. The driver, as he told me himself, spent 8 years in jail for assault and batterty with intent to kill..which explains why he's a thief. I won't slash the tires..but all of a sudden 1203120310 things came crashing down expensive things...The snow emergency was NOT announced for my town, 3 surrounding towns did have it, there was barely any snow. I took a look, they were towing cars left and right. Three cars in a row were towed, a subaru awd, and some kind of acura. You know how they tow awd's when no flat bed? They leave it in neutral or ebreak on, and just drag it accross the snow..pure luck how that doesn't break the car. Anyway, I want my 150 bucks back too, un-announced snow emergency? Seems like they're looking for money, the big dig is over budget.
What route do you live on? You know that the Police are responsible for the towing right? Plus, don't go around talking about your going to slash tires. The Brookline Police have nothing else better to do than to look for people doing BS like slashing tires on a lot where they most likely have cameras.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 PM

lol, your math is a little screwed up man. its a towtruck not a car, towtruck= 6 tires * 225 = a lot of pain in the rect@l area. I really dont understand how they ripped your seat.I've impounded so many cars and I never remember ripping a seat or eve sitting in the car.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:14 PM

The towtruck driver, could of had a screwdriver or some type of tool in his back pocket that accidently slash his seat when he sat down in it.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jepht20
i doubt you'll get any compensation for it from them but best of luck. it sux, but i've heard it's tough to prove and actually get anything from them.
I don't like to waste time with no results, and you are right. But I can't stand towing cos. They do a lot of damage, it ticks me off when I see a FWD car being towed on its front wheels without dollies. What does the guy making $22 hr. on double-overtime care about someone else's proerty? The best was once when one guy claimed they did not party in my friend's T/A (it was a hot car back then with these wide-a** Goodyears on Ronal rims). He held up this fancy pair of Oakley sunglasses and said I guess you didn't leave these in my car either and dangled them in the dude's face, who by the way was seething.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
I don't like to waste time with no results, and you are right. But I can't stand towing cos. They do a lot of damage, it ticks me off when I see a FWD car being towed on its front wheels without dollies. What does the guy making $22 hr. on double-overtime care about someone else's proerty? The best was once when one guy claimed they did not party in my friend's T/A (it was a hot car back then with these wide-a** Goodyears on Ronal rims). He held up this fancy pair of Oakley sunglasses and said I guess you didn't leave these in my car either and dangled them in the dude's face, who by the way was seething.
lol where the hell are they payin 22 an hour, let me know. they arent payin 22 an hour out here, now even close.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
What route do you live on? You know that the Police are responsible for the towing right? Plus, don't go around talking about your going to slash tires. The Brookline Police have nothing else better to do than to look for people doing BS like slashing tires on a lot where they most likely have cameras.

I think you misunderstood angry talk for actual actions ..I don't think i'd be able to do it anyawy..I just want my seats back the way they were lol..
Old 03-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ramses718
lol, your math is a little screwed up man. its a towtruck not a car, towtruck= 6 tires * 225 = a lot of pain in the rect@l area. I really dont understand how they ripped your seat.I've impounded so many cars and I never remember ripping a seat or eve sitting in the car.
My max is pretty clean..ripped seat is on the middle right section if facing the steering wheel..near that side support thing.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:01 PM

even better, is it possible to just replace the top section of the seat, or does it come as just one unit?
Old 03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Doc

Did your car break?

Read his original post. He explained why he was towed.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:32 PM

anyway I was angry when i wrote the post, but let me reiterate(sp?), I woudln't slash tires..
Old 03-01-2005, 03:43 PM

now that I think about it, when parking in gear its best to use reverse or 1st, reverse is the best then 1st gear.

never heard of anyone leaving it in 2nd
Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
Read his original post. He explained why he was towed.

read the thread, ppl have already told him... i dont get it, do some ppl just read, untill they find something to say, and skip the rest of the thread?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
read the thread, ppl have already told him... i dont get it, do some ppl just read, untill they find something to say, and skip the rest of the thread?
Yes, there is alot of that here. Quick to type a reply.... Read first.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:29 PM

sorry man the snow last night sucked... best option complain but i doubt they will do anything. They will probally just say it was there prior and how did they cause it. Best thing to do if buy a leathers drivers seat from a junk yard. you can get one for about $150
Old 03-01-2005, 04:52 PM

Dude no offense, Mass sucks. I went to boston a few weeks ago and there's nowhere to park. If you dont live there you're SOL.

Screw Mass.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:13 PM

none taken...you should see our drivers..bad weather EVERY woman and decrepid old man in the left lane going 30 in a 40.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM

none taken...you should see our drivers..bad weather EVERY woman and decrepid old man in the left lane going 30 in a 40.
Ain't that the truth!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by PAREDLINE
Dude no offense, Mass sucks. I went to boston a few weeks ago and there's nowhere to park. If you dont live there you're SOL.

Screw Mass.
ohhhhh, that's rich.

PAREDLINE
Old 03-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by MAXIMABOY
Yes, there is alot of that here. Quick to type a reply.... Read first.

Sorry to you two guys. Didn't realize so many here were perfect. I should have read further. I'm sure you two have never jumped too soon, though.

Quick Reply: ******* Tow Truck Company!!!!!