4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Top speed limiter removal mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:16 AM

Meh, I hit 127 last night in my Max at 3:00AM on the freeway (no, I wasn't racing). The way I see it, If there is no traffic, the road is smooth with no curves or bumps and the car has been upgraded for better handling ex: Performance tires, Better suspension and Brakes. I honestly don't see the harm in going a little over 100 every now and then. I've never been past 127 in my Max and don't have much intentions to in the future. The car takes forever just to get to 130ish. Would probably take another 2 miles to get to 140 or possibly more (unless going downhill).

98% of the time I keep speed for the track, I've seen what street racing can do to people and it's very dangerous and stupid. However, if the conditions allow a little speed I don't see the harm in it. I normally cruise down to my Mom's house once a year (about 400miles away) and average a speed of 90mph. Doing 65mph the entire trip is just agonizing. If you never let loose and speed a little every now and then, you are an uptight person that should learn to have fun when it's safely applicable. That doesn't mean you need to be stupid, just means you should learn to live a little.

I don't condone these driving habits anywhere but the freeway or the track and only in safe conditions. People who speed through school zones and neighborhoods **** me the !*#$ off. Also stupid kids in Honda's that think they are hardcore because they can weave in and out of traffic like retards.

Last edited by infinimax96; 10-01-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:47 AM

one of the best free mod's out there.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 AM

I dont do 65 anywhere on the highway...i was just stating people should be responsible more or less...it turned into a bit more but thats just what it meant...ive seen and jnown many to die from high speeds thats why i feel how i do...we even git a few org members that have from speeding...not racing...speeding...and i know alot around my way also. So more or less...be respinsible thats all i guesz
Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by styliztik
this is like buying a civic and ricing it out to turn the economy car into something it's not, like that's never happened before. seriously, there's no need to go that fast. SERIOUSLY. people that do that crap is the reason that 19 year olds like me can't afford insurance on a nice sports car.
You guys seriously need to get off the Civic bashing. If modding a civic means turning an economy car into something its not, then why is it ok to justify modding a 4 dr FWD sedan???
Honestly, ive seen many civics turned into some pretty fast street cars.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
You guys seriously need to get off the Civic bashing. If modding a civic means turning an economy car into something its not, then why is it ok to justify modding a 4 dr FWD sedan???
I appreciate any car that is fast. The only problem I have with Civics is out where I live the people who "tune" them do a horrible job. making them ugly and doing half-*** job of every mod they put on it. They put the R.I.C.E in Rice, it's that bad.

I have in my day seen a select few Civics that were tuned and properly quick. I will always tip my hat and shake their hand if I get the chance.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by infinimax96
I appreciate any car that is fast. The only problem I have with Civics is out where I live the people who "tune" them do a horrible job. making them ugly and doing half-*** job of every mod they put on it. They put the R.I.C.E in Rice, it's that bad.

I have in my day seen a select few Civics that were tuned and properly quick. I will always tip my hat and shake their hand if I get the chance.
idk about rice man but half aced yes very half aced
Old 10-02-2011, 06:36 PM

wow dude just asked a simple question and got bashed im sure if he wanted to go 130 140 he would use caution every one needs to lighten up
Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by luke95gxe
wow dude just asked a simple question and got bashed im sure if he wanted to go 130 140 he would use caution every one needs to lighten up
Anytime you're doing 130 or 140 on public roads, you're not using any sort of caution.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 AM

HOW DO U DO THIS FOR A AUTO 5.5GEN
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by madmaxx03
HOW DO U DO THIS FOR A AUTO 5.5GEN
You don't.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM

Seriously, I agree with almost all of you, but give the guy a break. He's just asking about a mod. No need to go on bashing him when we all know that racing down the highway is illegal. Hell, I've ready paid the consequences for going fast with a speeding ticket. Granted it was [I]just a ticket[I] but it's still reckless and stupid.

As far as it goes though OP, I don't see why one would need to go uber fast unless like everybody said, we were s/c or fi. Our cars are meant to carry passengers and not race down with highend ones. However, I have topped out my car up to 132 with just the intake and everything else stock, so 112 or 117, what you said, is absurd for our cars. Lol
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM

I only say civic because you can't find a stock civic in this city.seriously. our cars were marketed as the "4 door sports car" so I guess it's okay to justify modding our cars. the same goes for neon/caliber SRT-4's, and STI's. and I've seen fast civics too. I've been at a track before and seen a total sleeper. built eg hatch with a twin turbo on k series engine and flappy paddle transmission.

Originally Posted by infinimax96
I appreciate any car that is fast. +infinity The only problem I have with Civics is out where I live the people who "tune" them do a horrible job. making them ugly and doing half-*** job of every mod they put on it. They put the R.I.C.E in Rice, it's that bad.

+1. every single civic around here only has intake, headers, and exhaust, and cheap, bouncy coil-overs. and they think they're the s**t. then they always bulls**t and say that they've hit almost 150. and it's like "oh really? which airport tarmac did you use to do that on?"
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM

I was beating a WRX until 117
Old 06-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Whats up with you not being able to do some research and search?
I have 2 se maximas one auto one 5 speed and they both get up to about 143 145 no problum and have potential to go faster but they run out of gear to soon the se ecu has no limiter
Old 02-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

How to - toggle switch

Originally Posted by VqMonstaR
Did you do it yet? Also is you car an auto because I heard their the only one with limiters? Just red post I will confirm because I aint scared I can also post if anyone needs a write up on how to make a toggle switch or button for this mod because I don't usually need to got 140 mph and over + I hate seeing the cel unless its for a problem my car is having.
I would love to know how to set up a toggle switch for this, step by step instructions would be much appreciated, and possibly pictures to go with. I have a 2010 nissan maxima sv btw.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 PM

Wow, all the uneeded bashing is stupid. He asked about a mod, not your personal deep opinion on why speeding is dangerous. Did he say he was going to do this during traffic hour and swerve in between traffic like a lot of other cars and bikes do? No.. I dont see the harm in testing out your cars abilities while having nobody on the freeway just like the majority of you have done at one point.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by bloodthirstyemu
Wow, all the uneeded bashing is stupid. He asked about a mod, not your personal deep opinion on why speeding is dangerous. Did he say he was going to do this during traffic hour and swerve in between traffic like a lot of other cars and bikes do? No.. I dont see the harm in testing out your cars abilities while having nobody on the freeway just like the majority of you have done at one point.
This post was from 5 years ago good job.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well I still dont see why you feel you "need" to go that fast.

Oh, just get an SE ecu and be done with it.
some people got the need for speed.people come on here to find stuff out to do what they want.my 09 maxima sv could definitely pin the needle at 160 but speed limiter stops it but not for long.you live your life how you want mr police man and we will live ours in the fast lane.stop being a drag.lol

Last edited by David Robert; 09-29-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by bloodthirstyemu
i agree.live your own life.i want to drive fast thats my business.some people on here try suck the fun out of everything
Old 09-29-2020, 02:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Dale6892
I would love to know how to set up a toggle switch for this, step by step instructions would be much appreciated, and possibly pictures to go with. I have a 2010 nissan maxima sv btw.
not rocket science.cut wire in middle and ad toggle to activate it when you want
Old 01-17-2021, 11:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Everyone has something slick to say.

Originally Posted by Ryan95gle
I love the bashing. I'm just trying to get info on a mod, damn!
YYeah everyone is a snitch these days or has a slick mouth.well to those people.mind your business.if I choose to go fast it's my problem not yours.plus if you don't know how to drive then yes you'll crash.ive had my 09 maxima sv up to 135 then it cut out.it gets there pretty fast.if speed limiter was off and a few mods it would definitely pin needle at 160.ive seen videos of 03 g35 coupe do 160 with no issues.it was manual.i like cvt but I'm thinking of installing 6 speed manual and if I throw on a turbo the forget it.i. betting it will definitely go faster then 160 and if you want to know why??? Because I can.got anything to say slick you can stick it right in you a__ and smoke on that f__kin doushbags who ain't got better **** to do.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I went pass 145 mph pulling less that 1000 rpm.J.K. my speedometer was broken.

Last edited by BigAL93SE; 01-25-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I did that mod a long time ago. Run it to a toggle switch! when you need it cut the signal off. All you will get is a Check Engine light you can reset! thats all