4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warspeed Y Pipe Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:46 AM

Warspeed Y Pipe Q

Just got a new warpspeed Y for my cali spec 99 max.

Before I install...was wondering if anyone has had issues with check engine lights staying on....or issues with the way the car runs after install? (fuel/air mix issues)

It appears I need to add an extra bung due to the cali spec too - which isnt a big deal.

I just wanna make sure Im gonna be good to go w/o major issues

thanks!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:07 AM

what code are you throwing. that will help
Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GrannyShift
what code are you throwing. that will help
i havent installed it yet.. showed it to a local custom exhaust shop....and they said to expect check engine light on always and it may run like crap
Old 09-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by dubemaxima
i havent installed it yet.. showed it to a local custom exhaust shop....and they said to expect check engine light on always and it may run like crap
I dont know about cali spec, but I along with alot of other people with fed specs dont have any issues with a ws y-pipe throing codes....as long as they have a decent cat...and goin through emissions testing is usually ok also as long as you drive the car long enough to be warmed up fully
Old 09-25-2014, 01:29 PM

Before I install...was wondering if anyone has had issues with check engine lights staying on....or issues with the way the car runs after install? (fuel/air mix issues)

It appears I need to add an extra bung due to the cali spec too - which isnt a big deal.

thanks!
How long did it take for your order to go through I am having a terrible experience trying to get ahold of them
Old 09-25-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dypkny
How long did it take for your order to go through I am having a terrible experience trying to get ahold of them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-2-1-RACING...62f67d&vxp=mtr

Have you checked tis y-pipe out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-2-1-RACING...62f67d&vxp=mtr
Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 99 cali spec, i did not have to add a bung and i did not ever get any codes from adding the warpspeed y. However my front precat is still on the car so that may be a factor.

If you get codes your car will run perfectly fine, the y pipe will be adding performance regardless of codes or no codes in this situation so in reality your car will actually be running better. If you do get codes, just add an antifouler to each of the secondary o2 sensors. These sensors exist solely for emissions bs and do not affect performance in any way at all to my knowledge, but you will need those codes fixed if you want to pass inspection.

Warpspeed is notoriously slow and unorganized, ordering the Y pipe was a breeze but actually getting it was another story. After two weeks from the date they claimed i would have it, i called them and the lady i spoke to was basically like "huh? Oh that shouldve shipped". A couple days later, lo and behold my y pipe appears. You just need to ride their azz it seems to get stuff done. For the price its worth the hassle imho.

Last edited by Slamrod; 09-25-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Administrator

That exhaust shop are a bunch of retards. After you add the bung for the O2, you'll have no issues. Ypipes wouldn't be the #1 mod for the Max if it caused the Maxima to run like crap.

On a side note, couldn't you have specified Fed or Cali spec to warpspeed, and the correct bungs would have been installed?
Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Administrator

If possible, try and have a little more patience. You're betting off with a Warpspeed than some ebay ypipe.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:32 PM

Got an e-mail from Dallas. He just got out of the hospital. Says he's sending my y-pipe and cat on Monday.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
If possible, try and have a little more patience. You're betting off with a Warpspeed than some ebay ypipe.
You're beating Off? Or Better Off?
Old 09-26-2014, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod
I have a 99 cali spec, i did not have to add a bung and i did not ever get any codes from adding the warpspeed y. However my front precat is still on the car so that may be a factor.

If you get codes your car will run perfectly fine, the y pipe will be adding performance regardless of codes or no codes in this situation so in reality your car will actually be running better. If you do get codes, just add an antifouler to each of the secondary o2 sensors. These sensors exist solely for emissions bs and do not affect performance in any way at all to my knowledge, but you will need those codes fixed if you want to pass inspection.

Warpspeed is notoriously slow and unorganized, ordering the Y pipe was a breeze but actually getting it was another story. After two weeks from the date they claimed i would have it, i called them and the lady i spoke to was basically like "huh? Oh that shouldve shipped". A couple days later, lo and behold my y pipe appears. You just need to ride their azz it seems to get stuff done. For the price its worth the hassle imho.
Next time order it overnight!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:38 AM

thanks!
My CEL went out after my Warpspeed Y install. My Max is Cali spec too. Light's still out after the first week.

Last edited by progrocker; 10-13-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:57 AM

Is Warp Speed out of business??? Just tried to go there and it gives me a "server not found"
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM

Ypipes wouldn't be the #1 mod for the Max if it caused the Maxima to run like crap.

I thought the 00VI was the #1 mod for the max??
Old 10-11-2014, 12:15 PM

No they're still in business! Just moved and properly having internet issues....I being positive! Their site isn't up at this moment! So let's see by the middle of next week or even by next Saturday! If they aren't accessible then I would say something serious is up! Another supplier beats the dust!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by CMax03
No they're still in business! Just moved and properly having internet issues....I being positive! Their site isn't up at this moment! So let's see by the middle of next week or even by next Saturday! If they aren't accessible then I would say something serious is up! Another supplier beats the dust!!!

Site's been down for over a week...
Old 10-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Well hopefully Dallas is ok! If he closed his doors that 2 Maxima Vendors closed in less than 1 year!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Finkle
I thought the 00VI was the #1 mod for the max??
Well, years ago used 00VI weren't too cheap. Now they go for peanuts.

The power gains from each mod are similar at 25 to 30hp, but the y-pipe is a much easier install as it's a bolt on and go affair. Assuming no rust problems, 1 hour and you're done. 00vi swaps are a bit more involved.

So IMO, the y-pipe is still the best bang for the buck mod.

Last edited by The Wizard; 10-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:05 AM

The power gains from each mod are similar at 25 to 30hp, but the y-pipe is a much easier install as it's a bolt on and go affair. Assuming no rust problems, 1 hour and you're done. 00vi swaps are a bit more involved.

+1

It sure was a noticeable and welcome improvement.

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in engine compartment temperatures after installing a y-pipe? I think the y-pipe allows heated exhaust to be disbursed from engine much more efficiently than the stock setup that results in a slightly lower engine compartment temperature.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:22 AM

The power gains from each mod are similar at 25 to 30hp,
Really, from each one seperately?
Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 PM

I have a Cali spec don't have a cat or o2 sensor after where cat would be. All codes I throw are knock sensor and cylinder 3 misfire, my #3 injector is clogged. Not sure if that helps. Or adds confusion.

I'm guessing I have a warp speed? Mine looks just like the warp speed less flex section

Last edited by kjlouis; 10-12-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: adding
Old 10-12-2014, 09:22 PM

I was just giving you crap.

I couldn't tell how much I got from my Y pipe, my exhaust was so rusted out when I got the car, I had to re build the whole exhaust.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Well the good news is that Warpspeed's telephone is still working and I left a voice msg that's a good positive indication that their still in business and maybe just having technical internet connectivity issues to the www via a defective server or modem....please be patient! I'm sure they'er not through taking you order nor money! Warpspeed tele#: (479) 246-9400