5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wrecked the Max today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 AM

Wrecked the Max today...

Actually, I didn't wreck it, I'm in Afghanistan...
My wife let a very trusted friend drive the car because his was in the shop...he was doing about 45mph down the highway and a deer jump out in front of him...Creamed the deer, and ****ed up the front end decently...Now, I could have gotten mad, but I decided to look at the bright side...
My paint was really ****ed up in the front from rock chips, but now I'm going to get a new bumper, hood, headlights, foglights {they'll install the 2500k Nokya bulbs that my wife didn't want to do herself} and fresh paint on the front...Also gonna have them paint the Ionic Dynamics half roof spoiler and paint the grill too along with the lower bumper insert and the corner lights...It's gonna look brand ****in new, I can't wait to see it! And I'm gonna get a new rim so the one with scratches can be my spare. My buddy's gonna pay the deductible {thank god it's low}, and I have a rate guard on my policy so my insurance won't go up due to a claim...Yeah, I'll have a branded title, but I don't plan on sellin it anytime soon anyways...My daughter will be 16 in 6 years, so hopefully I can hold onto it for her to drive...
I'll post pics as soon as my wife sends em to me...

Last edited by Shift_Nashville; 08-01-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 AM

All this positive energy created out of a small disaster. That's pretty cool, OP.

My oldest girl will also be 16 in 6 years. I don't even want to think about her driving (my car ).
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Shift_Nashville
My wife let a very trusted friend drive the car because his was in the shop...he was doing about 45mph down the highway and a deer jump out in front of him...Creamed the deer, and ****ed up the front end decently...Now, I could have gotten mad, but I decided to look at the bright side...
My paint was really ****ed up in the front from rock chips, but now I'm going to get a new bumper, hood, headlights, foglights {they'll install the 2500k Nokya bulbs that my wife didn't want to do herself} and fresh paint on the front...Also gonna have them paint the Ionic Dynamics half roof spoiler and paint the grill too along with the lower bumper insert and the corner lights...It's gonna look brand ****in new, I can't wait to see it! And I'm gonna get a new rim so the one with scratches can be my spare. My buddy's gonna pay the deductible {thank god it's low}, and I have a rate guard on my policy so my insurance won't go up due to a claim...Yeah, I'll have a branded title, but I don't plan on sellin it anytime soon anyways...My daughter will be 16 in 6 years, so hopefully I can hold onto it for her to drive...
sorry to hear this

where are you at? I'm in Kandahar
Old 08-01-2010, 01:30 PM

That's unfortunate. At least the car will look amazing after everything is fixed.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Great Attitude ! The car will look awesome all freshened up.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Got Retrofit?

At least the car isn't totaled, and you'll be able to get a fresh new front end.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

I got lucky when my brother backed into the side of my car this past winter, managed to hit the side with all the door dings so all that got taken care of too.

Got to look on the bright side when possible. BTW, thanks for your service!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 PM

great outlook on things man...all the best.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM

The main reason why NO ONE cannot drive my car.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by mas324
The main reason why NO ONE cannot drive my car.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:38 PM

That's messed up but at least wasn't totaled and new paint and parts cant hate that mine is the same way a whole lot of rock chips!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:53 AM

I'm in Afghanistan...
Originally Posted by SoonerFan
I'm in Kandahar
I don't particularly care if this is OT, anytime I get a chance to thank some of our servicemen (or women), I do, and I highly encourage everyone else to as well. We have no idea how good we have it, thanks to their sacrifices. Godspeed, gentlemen, get home fast and well.

Where's the damn "raise a beer" smiley?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 AM

i wish i could have something like this happen...i had a tree branch smash my window and put a few dents on my hood....couldnt get nothing out of the insurance company. o well...ill be waiting for someone to hook me up w/ a nice paint job soon lol or total it so i can get something else
Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by black b14
That's unfortunate. At least the car will look amazing after everything is fixed.
^dude check your sig something is off...^

to the OP, that blows but at least you get some fresh paint. im gonna go find a deer now.

i also agree with blackmacks

B
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 AM

...My daughter will be 16 in 6 years, so hopefully I can hold onto it for her to drive...
Originally Posted by Rochester

My oldest girl will also be 16 in 6 years. I don't even want to think about her driving (my car ).
Here's my on-topic reply: my oldest girl will also be 16 in 6 yrs, and I might have to buy her something else, I'll still be driving my max (hopefully) lol!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

SUCKS MAN,, JUST COME BACK HARDER WITH SOMETHING SICKER
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 AM

guess its all good after all
hope ur friend is ok
Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 AM

damn bro srry to hear i understand totally... my cousin was drinking and driving in my 4th gen and totalled it, then my ex ran into the back of a benz in my 5th gen wrecking that 1, my cars have been into 2 major accident and i was in none of them... keep ya head up, if it wasnt for those accident id never have this 5.5 trying to break a record... things happen for a reason bro, good luck and i wish you the best
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
All this positive energy created out of a small disaster. That's pretty cool, OP.

My son turned 16 last week and I told him he can't touch the Max. Making him drive Mom's minivan.

I'm glad to hear everyone has thumbs up for our servicemen. I got out of the Navy 2 years ago after 22 years and 2 trips to the Middle East pretending I was an Army officer. We have to stick together both here and over there whether you agree with or govts policies or not.