7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rims on their 7th Gen Max MEGA Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
Sooo...1 org member posted pics of his 7th gen with rims and there's like 7 posts of the same pic from cardomain...and the thread is 2pages long. what's wrong with this thread?

Nice choice on the wheels for the grey one...thanks for posting your pics like the thread stated, not just pictures of wheels.
YOu also have to remember that up here in the NE and for many in the midwest\North part of the country its getting to be winter when no one wants to have rims on their car.....COme spring I am sure there will be a lot more people with some nice shoes ....
Old 11-29-2008, 09:03 PM

You are so right I will be taking my rims off tomorrow morning when I get home from work, It just started snowing today for the first time this year in Missouri. It has been cold enough for a few weeks now but not enough moisture till today. So Off come the rims!!! I hate winter, back to stock which are not bad looking to begin with, but I don't want the harsh winter to mess up my rim investment.......
Old 11-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by choice89
You are so right I will be taking my rims off tomorrow morning when I get home from work, It just started snowing today for the first time this year in Missouri. It has been cold enough for a few weeks now but not enough moisture till today. So Off come the rims!!! I hate winter, back to stock which are not bad looking to begin with, but I don't want the harsh winter to mess up my rim investment.......
car looks nice with those rims. it would look x2 better if it was lowered!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:12 PM

I truly thought about possibly lowering her but I already have the sport package and I love how it has an agressive stance and I love the firm handling it already has stock. So as of now I am going to keep the ride height stock with the sport suspension. But I do agree that maybe a 1" or 2" drop would just set it off that much more.........I don't want to go to drastic and not like the ride after she is dropped.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 AM
wants an I35

looks great man. superb choice
Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 AM

'08 Nismo Z Rims

I really wanna see what a Max would look like with the Nismo Z rims (RAYS-Gunmetal-19"x10s). Anybody know the chances of getting a set of those and if 10" wide rims would be ok on the Max? I think the car could use some wider rims/tires (along with being a lil lower).

Last edited by angrye; 11-30-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM

FLAT TIRE.... :-(

What a crappy Sunday........

.......first I wake up late, I am usually up by 1:00pm so I can work out and get all of my gear ready before work at 4:00pm (I work nights) and on this day I wake up at 2:55 it must have been the long night prior. My inital plan was to wake up early take off the new rims and put the stock rims back on because it is snowing here in Missouri and they are salting all of the roads.......Now I don't have time to do that and I have to rush!

So I hurry and get ready and head twoards Quizno's to pick up some snacks for dinner, which I normally don't do because I am up in time to make my own dinner and snacks and as I am getting back in the MAX I look down at my rear back left tire and realize that it is stiing VERY low.........So now I get back in the car to head home and my TPMS light is on ahhhhhhh! I head home fill it back up to 36 PSI and hope I can make to work on time.....which I don't and I am now late and "THE BOSS" can never be late if he expects his troops to be on time........anyway I get to work and check the tire pressure again and in just 10 miles she is already down to 29 PSI......CRAP!

I call the Wife to see if she can come by and pick up the MAX and leave her Honda but she is to nervous to drive my MAX with the new rims and a low tire in tow, I don't blame her........So now I have to rush back home to meet her and park the MAX in the garage and hurry back to work in time for our briefing.

But first I put the MAX on my floor jack, chalk the front tires so I can take the weight off the soon to be flat tire and try to prevent it from sitting on the rim all night!

I make a quick inspection and can't find any apparent damage to the sidewall so I am hoping what ever is causing me to lose air is in the tread where it is repairable and prevent me from having to buy a brand new tire. The only good news is that I had planned to take them off anyway for the winter and I have my very new stock 19's standing by in the garage for weather and issues just like this. I will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to take my tire somewhere in Kansas City where they can fix the issue that can handle 20" custom rims and not scratch them all up like a Wal Mart would. And since I live in the Middle on no where that is pretty much the only option that I have here in this small midwest town............I hate living in the boonies!

Last edited by choice89; 11-30-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:25 AM

What a crappy Sunday........

.......first I wake up late, I am usually up by 1:00pm so I can work out and get all of my gear ready before work at 4:00pm (I work nights) and on this day I wake up at 2:55 it must have been the long night prior. My inital plan was to wake up early take off the new rims and put the stock rims back on because it is snowing here in Missouri and they are salting all of the roads.......Now I don't have time to do that and I have to rush!

So I hurry and get ready and head twoards Quizno's to pick up some snacks for dinner, which I normally don't do because I am up in time to make my own dinner and snacks and as I am getting back in the MAX I look down at my rear back left tire and realize that it is stiing VERY low.........So now I get back in the car to head home and my TPMS light is on ahhhhhhh! I head home fill it back up to 36 PSI and hope I can make to work on time.....which I don't and I am now late and "THE BOSS" can never be late if he expects his troops to be on time........anyway I get to work and check the tire pressure again and in just 10 miles she is already down to 29 PSI......CRAP!

I call the Wife to see if she can come by and pick up the MAX and leave her Honda but she is to nervous to drive my MAX with the new rims and a low tire in tow, I don't blame her........So now I have to rush back home to meet her and park the MAX in the garage and hurry back to work in time for our briefing.

But first I put the MAX on my floor jack, chalk the front tires so I can take the weight off the soon to be flat tire and try to prevent it from sitting on the rim all night!

I make a quick inspection and can't find any apparent damage to the sidewall so I am hoping what ever is causing me to lose air is in the tread where it is repairable and prevent me from having to buy a brand new tire. The only good news is that I had planned to take them off anyway for the winter and I have my very new stock 19's standing by in the garage for weather and issues just like this. I will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to take my tire somewhere in Kansas City where they can fix the issue that can handle 20" custom rims and not scratch them all up like a Wal Mart would. And since I live in the Middle on no where that is pretty much the only option that I have here in this small midwest town............I hate living in the boonies!
Oof, that sucks!!!...Better give yourself an LOR for being late, Boss! Ahhh, the AF life...one boonieville after another! (I'm separated)
Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Choice89, the wheels look great on your car. It still amazes me how 20's look like 18's or 19's on your car. None the less, the car looks 100% nicer. Nice choice.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by angrye
I really wanna see what a Max would look like with the Nismo Z rims (RAYS-Gunmetal-19"x10s). Anybody know the chances of getting a set of those and if 10" wide rims would be ok on the Max? I think the car could use some wider rims/tires (along with being a lil lower).
God I love those rims. I think they would look great on just about any car.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:36 AM

Well finally took off the tires and put my stock rims back on and I had a chance to inspect the tire that was losing air pressure and to my surprise I did not pick up a nail or puncture I am baffled??? I am getting ready to call the deaership to see if they know what went wrong.........

Last edited by choice89; 12-01-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Well finally took off the tires and put my stock rims back on and I had a chance to inspect the tire that was losing air pressure and to my surprise I did not pick up a nail or puncture I am baffled??? I am getting ready to call the deaership to see if they know what went wrong.........
could be a small puncture that is hard to see. I know with my FX I had something simmilar happen. I had 1 tire that was slowly loosing pressure, turned out to be a slow leak. Once they repaired the tire, the leak stopped.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 PM

Well droped my wheel off at the shop today and I will pick it up tomorrow morning and find out what was the cause of the loss of air. I had to find a shop that could handle custom 20" plus rims and new what they were doing. I just got these babies and I don't want any scratches or imperfections on her at all especially if it was not done by me. It is only fitting though the weather did get up to 52 degrees today only to go back down into the 30's with rain and snow in the forecast so it was time to take them off my ride anyway.........she just does not look the same anymore :-(

Oh well can't wait till spring to rock the bling!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by ROCKART
looks great man. superb choice
Old 12-03-2008, 02:53 PM

volks te37 time attack

i wanna put these on my black 09 max some volks te37 time attacks!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Those look HOT!!! I don't need to see them on a Max to know they will look good!!!!

Originally Posted by angrye
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM

I got my wheel back today and the shop relayed that it was not a nail or cut in the tire itself but that it was the Valve stem had lost it's seal and was loosing air pressure from there. So they re-mounted the tire and added some bead sealer to the valve stem section and now it holds air again. He said that it was common here in the winter months that new low profile tires have this issue.

But I got it back in the garage just waiting to be put back on the MAX.......man I can't wait till spring time!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Rims/tires look really good.
That is my favorite '09 color, BTW.
Overall=beautiful car!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Those look HOT!!! I don't need to see them on a Max to know they will look good!!!!
Those would look great on my generation. I don't know about the 7th gen though. They are some good looking wheels though.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
Rims/tires look really good.
That is my favorite '09 color, BTW.
Overall=beautiful car!

I appreciate the compliment Brudaddy!!! I love the setup as well, I went through a ton of magazines and websites before I founf those and they were within the range price wise that I wanted to stay in. I can only complain about the Missouri Weather that we are in at this moment that forced me to have to take them off. We were expecting some snow last night and it just dusted for about 10 minutes and then it was gone.......IF I had known that I would have kept them on until a HEAVY down pour of the white stuff......oh well I can always put them back on until then.......we will see how the weekend pans out weather wise!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 AM

hey is it possoble if any one can tell me the size of the 19 inch wheel on the 09 max,.... are they 19x8 or 8.5.

and what would spacers do to the wheels if i put them on to them!!! ? thankx
Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 AM

Silver Nismo 19s would be sweet on the '09. Everyone has seen those.

Last edited by Oolatec; 12-04-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by D-STREET-ALTIMA
hey is it possoble if any one can tell me the size of the 19 inch wheel on the 09 max,.... are they 19x8 or 8.5.

and what would spacers do to the wheels if i put them on to them!!! ? thankx
Feel free to use your search functions. This has been posted before.

The 2009 Maxima wheels come in both 18" or 19" form. The offset is +50mm and the width is 8".

I have them on my car and use 25mm spacers.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 AM

Good looking wheels, I love the black ones!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by tjdehya
Found some pics on Cardoamin. I like the first one.

Doooooooooope!! I guess I'm the only one feeling these
Old 12-12-2008, 03:28 AM

personally dont care for these type wheels.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 AM

I like the way the rims look on choice89's Max. They look more conservative. I don't like rims that make the car stand out and look like a pimp mobile like those ugly black ones. Although the the red car with the Chrome rims looks ok. I would like those better if they were 19" instead of the 20".
Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 AM
*moderator*

I'm sure you all saw this but since you guys are lookng at wheels...

Wouldn't be my first choice but I think the theme is there...
Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 PM

My Baby!!!

Originally Posted by Adamax
I like the way the rims look on choice89's Max. They look more conservative. I don't like rims that make the car stand out and look like a pimp mobile like those ugly black ones. Although the the red car with the Chrome rims looks ok. I would like those better if they were 19" instead of the 20".

I appreciate the compliments on my wheels.....that pretty much was my whole goal was to keep the entire car clean! I wanted from the start a split spoke open wheel design with a Machined inset and chrome lip set up. I was so close to going with staggered wheels and have a 2 inch lip up front and a 4 inch lip in the rear. But I wanted to be able to rotate these tires with no issues when it came time to do so and that I would have even tire wear all around. I searched long and hard and finally found those Vossen Wheels in my price range and made it happen...........I can't wait to put them back on after the winter monhts up here in Missouri....it is nice today high of 43 and sunny, but expecting some wet winter weather in the next week.......... But here she is again!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I'm sure you all saw this but since you guys are lookng at wheels...

Wouldn't be my first choice but I think the theme is there...
thats a hot max right there!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Smile new wheels coming soon.

well guys I'm a new member I bought my car 1 month ago I'm in the process of upgrading my wheels like the one in the pic above!!!
22" forgiato Vizzo wheels with lexani tires they will be in next tuesday i been waiting for 4 weeks were custome made i paid just above $6k on wheels and tires this is what it will have front-22x8.5 rear 22x9.5 will be a two piece wheel. I will be updating with new pics, soon......
Old 12-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Those look pretty sweet! What Color max are you going to put those puppies on??? I assume a Black MAX? I thougth about going with the forged two or three piece rims but the cost was just insane, like you said you paid just above $6K on the wheels which were way out the price range of where I wanted to be for 20"+ rims.........I almost got a set of MOZ three piece custom forged 20" wheels but they were around $5400 smackers, so I searched and searched and finally found the rims on got on my MAX which were the 20"X9 Vossen Machined insert 2" chrome lip rims with Falken tires all together shipped mounted, balanced with TPMS senors installed for $2500 buckaroo's an awesome deal considering the TPMS sensors.

I can't wait to see your ride all hooked up with your new shoes, so get some pictures up here ASAP!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 PM

Those look pretty sweet! What Color max are you going to put those puppies on??? I assume a Black MAX? I thougth about going with the forged two or three piece rims but the cost was just insane, like you said you paid just above $6K on the wheels which were way out the price range of where I wanted to be for 20"+ rims.........I almost got a set of MOZ three piece custom forged 20" wheels but they were around $5400 smackers, so I searched and searched and finally found the rims on got on my MAX which were the 20"X9 Vossen Machined insert 2" chrome lip rims with Falken tires all together shipped mounted, balanced with TPMS senors installed for $2500 buckaroo's an awesome deal considering the TPMS sensors.

I can't wait to see your ride all hooked up with your new shoes, so get some pictures up here ASAP!!!
WELL I DID MY RESEARCH AND I WANTED TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL... I DONT THINK NO ONE JUST YET HAVE FORGED WHEELS, SO I WENT TO MY LOCAL SHOP AND I ORDER A SET OF FORGIATO WHEELS THEY WILL BE JUST AS THE PICTURE YOU SAW. I WILL POST PIC'S SOON AS THEY GET INSTALLED I THINK IT WILL GIVE IT A AGRESSIVE LOOK IT WILL LOOK LIKE BMW FROM THE REAR. I ALSO HAVE 35% TINTS ALL OVER LESS THAN THAT IN THE STATE OF GA IS ILLEGAL SUCKS...... I LOVE 09 MAXIMA
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM

Old 12-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by mr305

well guys I'm a new member I bought my car 1 month ago I'm in the process of upgrading my wheels like the one in the pic above!!!
22" forgiato Vizzo wheels with lexani tires they will be in next tuesday i been waiting for 4 weeks were custome made i paid just above $6k on wheels and tires this is what it will have front-22x8.5 rear 22x9.5 will be a two piece wheel. I will be updating with new pics, soon......
nice choice man, but why the 22's man, why!!!! no more than 20...
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Well I almost went with 22"s as well for my max only because it would fill the wheel a little bit better but in the end I did not want to have a much heavier rim setup that would eat up all my gas savings. I was trying to keep the weight as close to stock as possible with a beefier tire and custom clean look. SO that is why I ultimately went with the 20" setup over the 22". I was able to find a setup that was only a half pound heavier over stock not bad in my books!!!

But I am sure your setup is going to look sick when it is all said and done!!!! Hurry and post some pics!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:39 PM

[quote=michaelle8885;6756613]nice choice man, but why the 22's man, why!!!! no more than 20...[/quote
WELL 22'S LOOK ALOT BETTER TO ME, I THINK IT WILL GIVE IT A AGRESSIVE LOOK, I HAD A 06 WITH 20'S SO GOIING BACK NAH, I DID MY RESEARCH WITH DEALER THEY SAID IT WILL FIT WERE I BOUGHT MY CAR HERE THEY HAD A COUPLE OF THEM IN LOT WITH 22'S NOT FORGED BUT THEY LOOK ALOT BETTER..... I KNOW DAT I WILL SPEND A BIT FOR GAS BUT NOT WORRIED ABOUT DAT.... I WILL HAVE PIC'S SOON I WENT TO MY LOCAL SHOP AND THEY WILL FINALLY BE HERE EITHER MONDAY OR TUESDAY.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by michaelle8885
nice choice man, but why the 22's man, why!!!! no more than 20...
MICHAELLE I THINK YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAR WERE I GOT MINE GWINNETT PLACE NISSAN I MIGHT BE WRONG!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:06 PM

I appreciate the compliments on my wheels.....that pretty much was my whole goal was to keep the entire car clean! I wanted from the start a split spoke open wheel design with a Machined inset and chrome lip set up. I was so close to going with staggered wheels and have a 2 inch lip up front and a 4 inch lip in the rear. But I wanted to be able to rotate these tires with no issues when it came time to do so and that I would have even tire wear all around. I searched long and hard and finally found those Vossen Wheels in my price range and made it happen...........I can't wait to put them back on after the winter monhts up here in Missouri....it is nice today high of 43 and sunny, but expecting some wet winter weather in the next week.......... But here she is again!!!

Choice, I must confess; originally when i first saw the pics of your car with these rims on it that I wasn't all that impressed but now after seeing this pic with them all clean and gleaming in the sun I gotta confess that the car looks on point.

Pun intended: Choice, you made a great choice.

Mr. 305, those rims are off da hook, I can't wait to see your pics of the car when you post em up.

Another great Choice. LOL!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by mr305
MICHAELLE I THINK YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAR WERE I GOT MINE GWINNETT PLACE NISSAN I MIGHT BE WRONG!
lol hell yea man, Gwinnett Nissan baby! what package and color did you get? How much did you get it for?

I got my SV sport package, black/black w/ black tint, $32k mid August. The guy Dennis at service department is awesome too lol, he's a good guy, real nice and professional...

Quick Reply: Rims on their 7th Gen Max MEGA Thread!