7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Installed Racingline Rear Swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Fundem
Now I think I might consider end links with the rsb. Can I get the MOOG end-links all around and be good? Is the difference so much w/ the RL? I just cant see paying that much for F/R if the difference is minimal.

Does replacing the front (sport model) end links do anything to the way the car drives/reacts? (with MOOGs)
End links do two things, allow for pre-load and they eliminate the flex of the factory bushings making the bar more functional.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Maximam
End links do two things, allow for pre-load and they eliminate the flex of the factory bushings making the bar more functional.
So all I'll be missing out on RL is the ability to adjust. Will I still benefit from MOOG with out the ability to adjust, or is it simply replacing for stronger en links for peace of mind?

As far as the front end links.. Again is it just replacing for stronger ones, or will I get something fun out of it?

I'm a moron, so the more specific the better
Old 05-07-2014, 07:13 AM

So all I'll be missing out on RL is the ability to adjust. Will I still benefit from MOOG with out the ability to adjust, or is it simply replacing for stronger en links for peace of mind?

As far as the front end links.. Again is it just replacing for stronger ones, or will I get something fun out of it?

I'm a moron, so the more specific the better
To keep it simple your good with stock, Moog or RL endlinks. I put RSBs on all my prior Maximas and used factory end links and was happy with the result. Unless there is a clearance issue with a lowered car and the RSB needs a different length end link, I would just stick with a factory end link on a street driven car.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM

To keep it simple your good with stock, Moog or RL endlinks. I put RSBs on all my prior Maximas and used factory end links and was happy with the result. Unless there is a clearance issue with a lowered car and the RSB needs a different length end link, I would just stick with a factory end link on a street driven car.
Thanks, I want to get the most of what I have. anything else out there besides RL, Stillen and MOOG? I cant seem to find any other brands for the max.

Edit: Ok I found $102 MOOG F/R end links. waiting for a little feedback before I pull the trigger. Doing the rear definitely, don't know if I'll do the front yet, depending on feedback if I would feel anything positive from the instal. If its just for peace of mind because they are stronger then i'll pass.

Last edited by Fundem; 05-07-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Thanks, I want to get the most of what I have. anything else out there besides RL, Stillen and MOOG? I cant seem to find any other brands for the max.

Edit: Ok I found $102 MOOG F/R end links. waiting for a little feedback before I pull the trigger. Doing the rear definitely, don't know if I'll do the front yet, depending on feedback if I would feel anything positive from the instal. If its just for peace of mind because they are stronger then i'll pass.
More is not always better, with sway bars it is a balancing act. Remember if you stiffen up the front your going to have to stiffen the rear more to keep balance to your turn in. At the end of the day if you wanted MOOG F/R and added a stiffer RSB you will be fine.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Just installed it and it's a really nice difference. the back really does feel much more planted to the road and stable.love it! install was way easier than i was picturing it. i ordered f/r moog end links, hopefully i feel a good difference when they go in.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Just installed it and it's a really nice difference. the back really does feel much more planted to the road and stable.love it! install was way easier than i was picturing it. i ordered f/r moog end links, hopefully i feel a good difference when they go in.
Glad to hear the install went well and you are happy with the results Love how my car rides now with the Stillen RSB!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:32 AM

If your stock endlinks were working fine, you probably wont notice any difference with the moog endlinks. The rl sway bar is stiffer than stock and will exert more force to the endlinks, so i will be replacing the stock endlinks with the beefier moogs when i install the rsb. But its more so i dont have to replace the endlinks down the road. Im not expecting any noticable differences.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by vball_max
If your stock endlinks were working fine, you probably wont notice any difference with the moog endlinks. The rl sway bar is stiffer than stock and will exert more force to the endlinks, so i will be replacing the stock endlinks with the beefier moogs when i install the rsb. But its more so i dont have to replace the endlinks down the road. Im not expecting any noticable differences.
Yeah I figured since the MOOGs are OEM size, its nothing more than a stronger replacement. Do the fronts do anything for the car besides just having a stronger end link (MOOG)? If I shoot for the RL fronts, will I see a noticeable difference?

Last edited by Fundem; 05-08-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:46 AM

Yeah I figured since the MOOGs are OEM size, its nothing more than a stronger replacement. Do the fronts do anything for the car besides just having a stronger end link (MOOG)? If I shoot for the RL fronts, will I see a noticeable difference?
The front works the same way as the back, so I wouldn't think the endlinks make much difference either.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 AM

The front works the same way as the back, so I wouldn't think the endlinks make much difference either.
But being that RL fronts are adjustable as opposed to the MOOG (which are OEM size). I would assume that the adjustment would do something, I just don't know what.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 AM

But being that RL fronts are adjustable as opposed to the MOOG (which are OEM size). I would assume that the adjustment would do something, I just don't know what.
Yeah....they claim that the adjustment can "pre-load" the bar. I never understood that since the bar works in torsion. So to "pre-load" it, you could only pre-load it for turning right or left.....not both. If anyone has better info on how the racingline endlinks "pre-load" the bar, please elaborate.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:35 AM

Yeah, i never understood what "pre-load" is or does, as ive seen endlinks for the first time yesterday when installing rsb, lol.. Just want to see if the $70 difference between RL and MOOG is worth it.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:09 PM

Yeah....they claim that the adjustment can "pre-load" the bar. I never understood that since the bar works in torsion. So to "pre-load" it, you could only pre-load it for turning right or left.....not both. If anyone has better info on how the racingline endlinks "pre-load" the bar, please elaborate.
Preloading a bar is used after you corner weight balance the car. Once the car is corner weight balanced you then can "pre-load" or even the load from each end of the bar depending on the height of the wheel at each end. To illustrate, imagine you had one side of the car lower than the other, that would put a load on the bar when stationary. An adjustable end link would allow that load to be adjusted out provided you were performing right and left hand turns (road racing).

Any street driven car would see next to no benefit from an adjustable endlink other than maybe a lack of deflection in the link or if there is a clearance problem requiring a shorter end link on a lowered vehicle.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:58 PM

Preloading a bar is used after you corner weight balance the car. Once the car is corner weight balanced you then can "pre-load" or even the load from each end of the bar depending on the height of the wheel at each end. To illustrate, imagine you had one side of the car lower than the other, that would put a load on the bar when stationary. An adjustable end link would allow that load to be adjusted out provided you were performing right and left hand turns (road racing).

Any street driven car would see next to no benefit from an adjustable endlink other than maybe a lack of deflection in the link or if there is a clearance problem requiring a shorter end link on a lowered vehicle.
Great explanation.....that makes sense. So the term "pre-load" really means to un-pre-load.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 AM

Ah crap. Just when I am ready to purchase it is out of stock.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 PM

This looks like a very worthwhile mod. Glad it worked out for you.
Moving this towards the top of the mod list along with a FST brace.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Albert
Ah crap. Just when I am ready to purchase it is out of stock.

Just get the Stillen.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:05 AM

I'd agree, just get the RSB. Unless you have the money to blow, it's more of a look. You'll certainly feel the difference with the RSB, not so much the FTS. Plus the rear sway is cheaper if I remember?