7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Y-pipeline - inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Red face Exhaust Y-pipeline - inquiry

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I have an 09 maxima S 3.5L engine. The service engine light came on and the code was cat efficiency below threshold bank 2. I tried doing a cats delete but cant since they're attached to the manifold and in order for me to change them i have to get a whole new exhaust manifold. So my question is, if i get an exhaust Y-pipe can i attach it to the manifold, without having to buy a whole new manifold? I saw racingline sells the y-pipe but they won't get back to me in regards of purchase(on the website it doesnt show the "buy now" or "order" button. http://www.racinglineperformance.com...&idcategory=22
Im new here and to making mods to cars so any help will be highly appreciated. I've attahced the pipe im talking about that racingline supposedly has.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Y-pipeline - inquiry-y-pipe.jpg  
Old 10-28-2016, 04:50 PM

The Y-pipe won't do anything for your problem.

How many miles are on your car?

The O2 sensor is more likely to be wrong instead of the cat.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:02 AM

also if you do a cat delete, I hope you do not live in a emissions state! Or you'll be throwing money away, your car will not pass emissions with out cats
Old 10-29-2016, 08:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MaximaDrvr
The Y-pipe won't do anything for your problem.

How many miles are on your car?

The O2 sensor is more likely to be wrong instead of the cat.
The car hasn't 115k. And no I live in florida they don't do emission tests here. But I will change the O2 sensor. It's a cheaper approach. Will the check engine light go off if that were to be the problem ? I appreciate all your help.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 AM

May take a while to reset the code on its own. I'd replace the 02 sensor and have the code reset at a parts shop.