7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side Door does not open

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Driver side Door does not open

Hello guys,
Hope you can help me with the advice (I did not find info using the search) please. Today when I put my 2013 Maxima in "park" position I was not able to open the driver side door - had to eventually exit through the passenger side. The door locks seem to be working/clicking, but the door remains firmly shut (the other 3 doors are OK). I could not open it from inside or outside using the automatic intelligent key or the manual key.
Is there anything I can try (or not aware of) before I pay a visit to the dealership?
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:42 PM

Have you looked to see if anything is caught in tbe door? I had a nice london fog coat that i somehow wedged in a door and had a similar experience as you. Unfortunately, i also had a ford pinto that the door release mechanism failed that took me an afternoon and a few trips to the junkyard to find a piece of plastic holding the latch lever in place that was serviceable. I hope it is just a scarf or seatbelt in which case, a few hurculean shoves from the inside will mitigate.
L
Old 01-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by LtLeary
Have you looked to see if anything is caught in tbe door? I had a nice london fog coat that i somehow wedged in a door and had a similar experience as you. Unfortunately, i also had a ford pinto that the door release mechanism failed that took me an afternoon and a few trips to the junkyard to find a piece of plastic holding the latch lever in place that was serviceable. I hope it is just a scarf or seatbelt in which case, a few hurculean shoves from the inside will mitigate.
L
Thank you LtLeary. Unfortunately, nothing (that I can see at least) got stuck in the door. Just tried again and it is still firmly shut. It is VERY uncomfortable to get in and out through the passenger door now . I am afraid it might be latch that somehow got stuck or jammed now. In that case I probably won't be able to open it myself, especially being not too technical.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:06 AM

Is it frozen shut? Try parking in a garage that has above freezing temps.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM

So ?