General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima SE-R: Real or Myth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM

The black car with the IS300 tails and GTR badge used to belong to CliMax, the new owner has destoyed it though
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 PM

Heres a maxima se-r from sunny south florida lol

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2375125871.html
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 AM

no no no & no
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMaximaFsu
Heres a maxima se-r from sunny south florida lol

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2375125871.html
Man that SE-R comes fully loaded with...

-4 finger front wheel gap
-Febreeze air fresheners
-No tint
-under the hood plastic liner delete
-JDM Short ram intake

Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...-r-emblem.html

You nostalgia, you lose.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by aventerav
Thats so JDM type y0 !!
That is a real nice car you got. I always wanted an M5, but I still need my X5 for the work.

One day I'll get one.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus_95
oh dang... no way... can this really be the SE-R 4th Gen? i did not know they actually made one.....
Looks like a fake Se-r. Who would do that to a 4th gen

And if it was an Se-r it would atleast have Fog Lights Just like th SE. I guess they just add an R
Old 11-16-2011, 05:53 PM

WHERE IS THE SER. **** i keep hoping....
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM

That CVT is tight..... Haters on the CVT. Gotta drive one to love one....
Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 AM

You can keep your CVT. I'll keep my revving shift points.

All that aside, IF they decide to bring back an SER on any platform (no Versa please) I hope they give it a proper power bump. I think a turbo should do the trick.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:12 AM

Am I the only one in NZ with a spec-r 2007?!?

Sorry to revive an old thread but There are literally two reviews and two forum posts on the entire internet...

I own a spec-r 2007 maxima in NZ and I think I am literally the only one on the entire road. Everyone always stares, black with blackest tints + CVT makes it the most amazing cruising car I have EVER been in. Every passenger compliments the smoothness and comfort.
Low and slow all day... and then at that 100km/h sign the cvt effortlessly gets the torquey V6 to license losing speeds in seconds.
Standard autos still 200m back clunking from one gear to the next.

We have a lot of nice windy hilly roads and the cvt + V6 utterly dominates. I can drive hard and fast and catch every car driving under 104km/h before effortlessly overtaking.
on the 6 hour trip from Auckland to my home (Hawkes Bay) I have the car using the entire road and driving HARD. Yet it barely ever goes over 3k revs. Fuel consumption is god like.
I got at 80,000 it's now done 174,000 with ZERO faults. Not one.

I thought I would never replace my 99 vq30 maxima, 330,000km with only an alternator and radiator issue (cefero/teana/a32 for you non aussie/kiwis) oh how I loved destroying boy racers in banged up rb20 / rb25de skizzas. Or ****ty legacies / integras, whilst on the way to the beach with a car load of family... (VQ ****ing power right)

then I experienced this vq35 with cvt and I have not once considered swapping. IM IN LOVE.

NZ Nissan just took the TI Maxima and added body kit/spoiler/suspension(extremely nice handling)/bigger exhaust which adds 10kw/18 inch low profiles and nicer front seats that really hug you. Oh and vq35 with exhaust is orgasmic when you open it up.

2 years and I don't think I could go back to a normal trans (would 50/50 consider manual but the thought of giving up that smooth town cruising CVT still makes the choice difficult. And let's be real, 80% of the time you are cruisinnnn)

cvt with the low end torquey vq35 is an amazing combo. I really feel normal autos I cruise past at optimal revs, have a disadvantage purely because no cvt...
just look after your car as you should and just like any Nissan, you will be rewarded.

I have started having thoughts of supercharging etc but am unsure with the CVT. Anyone have thoughts on this?

paddle shift could be amazing too.. not sure with simulated gears though or if even possible.

The feeling of smashing all these bogans in v6 fords and holders and even unprepared v8s is very satisfying. 10/10 car and 10/10 transmission.

It does eat oil however.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by CHEF KOCH
Sorry to revive an old thread but There are literally two reviews and two forum posts on the entire internet...

I own a spec-r 2007 maxima in NZ and I think I am literally the only one on the entire road. Everyone always stares, black with blackest tints + CVT makes it the most amazing cruising car I have EVER been in. Every passenger compliments the smoothness and comfort.
Low and slow all day... and then at that 100km/h sign the cvt effortlessly gets the torquey V6 to license losing speeds in seconds.
Standard autos still 200m back clunking from one gear to the next.

We have a lot of nice windy hilly roads and the cvt + V6 utterly dominates. I can drive hard and fast and catch every car driving under 104km/h before effortlessly overtaking.
on the 6 hour trip from Auckland to my home (Hawkes Bay) I have the car using the entire road and driving HARD. Yet it barely ever goes over 3k revs. Fuel consumption is god like.
I got at 80,000 it's now done 174,000 with ZERO faults. Not one.

I thought I would never replace my 99 vq30 maxima, 330,000km with only an alternator and radiator issue (cefero/teana/a32 for you non aussie/kiwis) oh how I loved destroying boy racers in banged up rb20 / rb25de skizzas. Or ****ty legacies / integras, whilst on the way to the beach with a car load of family... (VQ ****ing power right)

then I experienced this vq35 with cvt and I have not once considered swapping. IM IN LOVE.

NZ Nissan just took the TI Maxima and added body kit/spoiler/suspension(extremely nice handling)/bigger exhaust which adds 10kw/18 inch low profiles and nicer front seats that really hug you. Oh and vq35 with exhaust is orgasmic when you open it up.

2 years and I don't think I could go back to a normal trans (would 50/50 consider manual but the thought of giving up that smooth town cruising CVT still makes the choice difficult. And let's be real, 80% of the time you are cruisinnnn)

cvt with the low end torquey vq35 is an amazing combo. I really feel normal autos I cruise past at optimal revs, have a disadvantage purely because no cvt...
just look after your car as you should and just like any Nissan, you will be rewarded.

I have started having thoughts of supercharging etc but am unsure with the CVT. Anyone have thoughts on this?

paddle shift could be amazing too.. not sure with simulated gears though or if even possible.

The feeling of smashing all these bogans in v6 fords and holders and even unprepared v8s is very satisfying. 10/10 car and 10/10 transmission.

It does eat oil however.
CHEF, pics?
Old 10-29-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
CHEF, pics?
Rushed pics in lunch break, also needs clean:

Old 10-29-2017, 11:22 PM
Licensed to Spell

Very nice! Thanks for the pics. Congrats.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Very nice! Thanks for the pics. Congrats.
Hey - Back to this thread again.

So 6 months and I'm super keen to start pushing the N/A VQ35 and CVT, see what kind of increases I could get. 99% of the performance advice and even parts sellers are in the US - So if this Spec-R is an upgraded Maxima Ti J31, what would the US version of this be?? Is there one? or is NZ on its own with this.

I managed to convince myself that the 6th gen 07 maxima was the US equivalent of our Maxima J31 as it has the same FFL platform, same two engine options and on the year 2007 they all were only available as CVT no more auto option. However, the 6th gen maximas are A32 does that mean different?

I have been trying to work this out for months, so if you had any insight it would be amazing.

Cars still going hard, CVT has definitely got my trust, it actually feels like it works so much better with the bigger, more torquey V6s - When you start working it a bit it seems to get smoother and more responsive where when going slow around town it's almost getting a bit anxious.

Oh and Remus Cat Back Triple muffler - amazing with the VQ35, really does sound good.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by CHEF KOCH
Hey - Back to this thread again.

So 6 months and I'm super keen to start pushing the N/A VQ35 and CVT, see what kind of increases I could get. 99% of the performance advice and even parts sellers are in the US - So if this Spec-R is an upgraded Maxima Ti J31, what would the US version of this be?? Is there one? or is NZ on its own with this.

I managed to convince myself that the 6th gen 07 maxima was the US equivalent of our Maxima J31 as it has the same FFL platform, same two engine options and on the year 2007 they all were only available as CVT no more auto option. However, the 6th gen maximas are A32 does that mean different?

I have been trying to work this out for months, so if you had any insight it would be amazing.

Cars still going hard, CVT has definitely got my trust, it actually feels like it works so much better with the bigger, more torquey V6s - When you start working it a bit it seems to get smoother and more responsive where when going slow around town it's almost getting a bit anxious.

Oh and Remus Cat Back Triple muffler - amazing with the VQ35, really does sound good.
I am not totally sure what your question is but congrats and I am glad to hear you are still enjoying her.