Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting

Maxus 2012: Houston

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by taz394
cash prize > *
Or simple gift cards. When I attended Maxus in Dallas YEARS ago that is what I won, a gift card, plaque plus some little Nissan trinkets.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Im out then.
I cannot justify spending 200+ for a room when I normally either use reward points or discounts through my work plus I had only wished to attend the car show.
Yes, I could share a room but Im a grown man and enjoy my privacy, especially after drivng and being outdoors all day its always nice to have a quiet room to relax and inwind in.
As far as your prizes, every other event Ive been to and took part in it was win what you win. Didnt really matter if it was specifically for your vehicle and etc. The winner always has the option of either selling it or simply trading it for something else theyd rather have.
Either way, good luck to you on your event. i hope everything pans out the way your planning it.
Youre right here in austin come on man ... Just drive down here and attend the meet .... and just get your own seperate room else where

atleast thats what i would do

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Or simple gift cards. When I attended Maxus in Dallas YEARS ago that is what I won, a gift card, plaque plus some little Nissan trinkets.
gift cards sound good too lol
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Boosted Panda

Youre right here in austin come on man ... Just drive down here and attend the meet .... and just get your own seperate room else where

atleast thats what i would do
That was my plan, but apparently not doable....

Originally Posted by aackshun
if you do not purchase a hotel room, you will not be able to participate in the show, road rally, or track day.

gift cards sound good too lol
I guess I should clarify, it was gift cards with cash value so they could have been used anywhere.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM

You could loan the room to someone else, you don't have to stay in it.

The hotel, and I am very flexible in a lot of ways, but because I stuck my neck out for this on the hotel deal, I will require that someone has to stay in it, essentially, there has to be a room tied to each car that shows up, up to 4 cars per a room, don't care if anyone actually stays in the room.

Maxus will become more expensive for a lot of people if I took the Omni Hotel out of the equation, unless you stay at a Motel on the edge of town, but then your gas expenses will take a slight hit because I'm planning things with the total distance driven while in Houston based on the Omni hotel.

Last edited by aackshun; 03-22-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM

A nice option for Flava.

The Flava Package:

Racing Package + 1 Car = $310
-2 night stay in the Omni
-2x Cars Racing
-2x Shirts
-2x Extra Maxus Goodies (Calendar, Water bottles, etc)

$165 is cheaper than 285, sounds a lot better now, doesn't it?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

http://importalliance.org/

The ImportAlliance Summer Meet 2012 will be held in Charlotte, NC at zMAX on July 28th-29th.

Ouch

This one is gonna be a hard decision! Little over 1 hr away or 18 hrs

Move Maxus date! hahah
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

No can do. Were too close plus I locked in the hotel rooms on those dates.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Big changes:

I dropped the Omni Hotel out of Maxus, I am leaving the hotel choice up to you guys.

2 Reasons:

A. Too many people asking about not using a hotel
B. I don't feel comfortable being responsible for up to $7,500 in fees (because of A) for when we don't meet the minimum reservations.

I am more than willing to help anyone with hotels and where to stay in Houston, I will get another volunteer to help SOLELY with hotel reservations.

The Meals on Friday Night and Sunday night will still be taken care of, no worries.

The packages will be adjusted, no more base package, the base package is the enthusiast package now.

Further details as soon as I iron out the wrinkles left by removing the Hotel.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM

The webpage is updated.

At the general request the Hotel is now left out of Maxus, so it is up to you guys to find Accomodations in Houston, we will help out the best we can to aid your decision making (So you won't stay in a craphole) but we're no longer requiring that you stay at the Omni Hotel.

http://maxus2012.org/pages/register
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

created announcement on the forum for maxus.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Thanks!

Bump! I know this only applies to the 1% of maxima owners out there but it's worth a shot! Every sign up counts!!!

Thursday the local road course is having a open track day for $75.

It's called Red Meat Race Fuel and it's at MSR Houston.

MSR Houston is a nice road course where it's typical to hit 130+ on the back straight, many events in Houston have been held there and it's a relatively flat and manageable road course w/o high banking and such.

It's not a part of the Maxus package, but if you wanted to come in on Wednesday night and get some cheap road coursing in, it's always an option!

http://msrhouston.com/events/rmrf

I will be going no matter what, but it would be nice to see other Maximas... hell other FWD cars on the track there....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Holy crap this sounds awesome...My roomate and I will be registering this week.

*Any details on this road rally thing?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 AM

There will be a driver's meeting before the road rally starts at 9:30am in Memorial park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regularity_rally

But the only details that will be released are:

It will use less than one full tank of gas, but more than 1/2 at 25mpg (still doing runs to confirm what about someone should expect, but we've used 9 to 16 gallons on various runs so far )
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 AM

There is now a soft close of the sign ups on 7/18

I can't promise that you will get the extras included with your package if you sign up after that date, I will order a couple of extras for everything to sell at the event, but I can not gaurantee you a T-Shirt or Lanyard (or any other extras) if you sign up after that date.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM

We will be going to the Beach during Maxus, so bring the appropriate attire to change into on Saturday.

Also bring sunblock, towels, umbrellas, beach chairs, anything you may need to enjoy a nice evening on the Gulf.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Pretty excited about this! As long as I have the days off so I can make it down there. Now what to add to the car before hand though
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 AM

-Best 3rd Gen
-Best 4th Gen
-Best 5th Gen
-Best 6th Gen
-Best 7th Gen
-Fastest Maxima
-Fastest N/A Car
-Fastest F/I Class
-Maxus Spirit Award
-Road Rally 1st

Those are the trophies, the rest will be certificates, there are A LOT of categories to win, so don't get discouraged! I'm avoiding posting the rest of the categories for certain reasons, we just want the surprise aspect when it comes to the certificates.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM

July 27th Location:

Pappas Burger
http://pappasburger.com/location/?id=93

5815 Westheimer Rd.
Houston , TX 77057
(713) 975-6082

8pm - Whenever

I will email those of you who signed up
Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 PM

What happend Aackshun? Nate and I wanted to head down Sunday to spend the day.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 AM

Lets just say Texas, Oklahoma, Lousiana Maxima owners (As a whole)....

Keep it on the east coast.

With that said, thank you all very much who worked very hard to help me plan this event, thanks to Aaron @ NWP for his help, thanks to Nissan Unlimited and Red Lion for their sponsor support.

Shirts are still avail because I paid out of pocket for those. I think I have one L and one XX avail for 28 shipped.

Maxus Shirts are S, M, L, XL are $28 shipped 2XL and 3XL are +2$

If there is geniuine interest in at least the shirts I will set up a group deal so the cost is lower for you guys.

Last edited by aackshun; 07-30-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 AM

sooooooooooo there was no show?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Any pics?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:41 AM

Lets just say Texas, Oklahoma, Lousiana Maxima owners (As a whole)....

Keep it on the east coast.

THIS!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by JustALTF4
Any pics?
Unless you want to see a bunch of 350zs // 300zxs from the Houston-Nissan's meet on Friday, no.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Sucks dude...
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 AM

sad sad day... Sorry I wasnt able to make it... But now that I heard this happened im glad I didnt waste the two tanks of gas going there and back... Work came first for me...

So, should we start planning Maxus '13... that way NOBODY has an excuse not to come... And like I told Jarrod, it should be in Nebraska or something since thats dead center! If we go east coast, nobody west will come, and vice versa... Houston is pretty far south and out of the way for everybody.

Discuss...

Last edited by max_dreamer; 07-30-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 AM

question...was this the only site of advertising?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
question...was this the only site of advertising?
For the whole event? The .org, Texas Nissans, Houston Nissans and my6th gen.

The road rally was advertised everywhere, but it had the "Maxus" name attached to it so a lot of people lost interest because of it being a "Maxima" meet, it was my mistake in even trying to make a only Maxima thing in the first place, if I would have made it just a big *** car meet it would have just been that, which is what I'm going to do in a month or two, NWP came through w/ sponsorship also w/ Red Lion Racing and my company Nissan Unlimited.

The Maxima owners (IN GENERAL! I am not talking about you few who gave me calls and texting me back, I'm talking about those who said absolutely nothing back to me when I texted them a month, 2 weeks and 1 week before the event) here were mostly the let down, everyone else showed up to the dinner even w/ last minute changes, Sleepy Productions + Houston-Nissans + Texas Nissans + NICOClub even showed support @ the dinner it was a very diverse meet, we could have taken up the whole TV room for 50 people if everyone wanted to sit together but we just spread out across the restuarant and hung out in the parking lot.

In the end, I'm done with planning .org meets, I'll plan meets for Houston-Nissans and share them with the .org but if anyone ask me to plan another Maxima meet I will kindly decline.

Shirts are for sale, and I can put your name on it if you want for no extra charge, just PM me.

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
sad sad day... Sorry I wasnt able to make it... But now that I heard this happened im glad I didnt waste the two tanks of gas going there and back... Work came first for me...

So, should we start planning Maxus '13... that way NOBODY has an excuse not to come... And like I told Jarrod, it should be in Nebraska or something since thats dead center! If we go east coast, nobody west will come, and vice versa... Houston is pretty far south and out of the way for everybody.

Discuss...
Yes I would have loved to plan Maxus in Kansas if I were still living there, the National Acurazine meet in Kansas City was a HUUUUUUGE sucess when I went a few years back, that meet was REDICULOUS!!!!

Even though the Maxima community isn't strong there but it's definitely a nice midpoint for EVERYONE in the U.S.

Another good choice would be somewhere in Utah or Colorado or Kentucky or Tenn, to gather the whole side of the country to one place.

Last edited by aackshun; 07-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Pics of the shirts?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 AM
^ Jeff™

Damn sucks Aaron...sorry it didn't work out.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 AM

Dang I wanted to goto but never got off my 2nd job those weekend mornings.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM

Maxus shirts!

The front just says "Maxus 2012" on it... I can have your name on it if you want, all up to you.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM

Another good choice would be somewhere in Utah or Colorado or Kentucky or Tenn, to gather the whole side of the country to one place.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Banned

For the whole event? The .org, Texas Nissans, Houston Nissans and my6th gen.

The road rally was advertised everywhere, but it had the "Maxus" name attached to it so a lot of people lost interest because of it being a "Maxima" meet, it was my mistake in even trying to make a only Maxima thing in the first place, if I would have made it just a big *** car meet it would have just been that, which is what I'm going to do in a month or two, NWP came through w/ sponsorship also w/ Red Lion Racing and my company Nissan Unlimited.

The Maxima owners (IN GENERAL! I am not talking about you few who gave me calls and texting me back, I'm talking about those who said absolutely nothing back to me when I texted them a month, 2 weeks and 1 week before the event) here were mostly the let down, everyone else showed up to the dinner even w/ last minute changes, Sleepy Productions + Houston-Nissans + Texas Nissans + NICOClub even showed support @ the dinner it was a very diverse meet, we could have taken up the whole TV room for 50 people if everyone wanted to sit together but we just spread out across the restuarant and hung out in the parking lot.

In the end, I'm done with planning .org meets, I'll plan meets for Houston-Nissans and share them with the .org but if anyone ask me to plan another Maxima meet I will kindly decline.
No Pics?

Hate to say it bro but I pretty much saw this coming given how the last Maxus turned out and all of the drama that happened.

There are not enough maxima enthusiasts with $. Same problem it has always been for 10+ years and why we have no aftermarket support.

Trying to force people to stay in a certain hotel or you must do this to get this just doesn't work. I know you changed it the last moment. But it initially turns people off who are already taking time off of work, spending cash on gas, food, lodging, etc. Especially if local or you know someone you can stay with it can be the difference of $500.00.

So basically the biggest maxima meet turned into a nissan meet and no show or road racing or anything maxus related happened? No prizes?

Only place I see it working would be in the Northeast near NY/NJ. Unless I am mistaken is has the highest population of maxima owners and the most active on the forums. NJ MA NH ME PA CT RI guys can make it in an easy day trip.

Sorry it didn't work out. Can you tell us more about what happened and how it went down(or didn't)?

edit: Having it in Nebraska is a horrible idea. You are lucky if the locals even show up. F driving to the middle of no where and I am from that state. BORING!

I still say if you want to try and make a Maxus work it has to be super open and super cheap. Don't force anything. Plan it around an area with a HIGH concentration of active members, next plan it around a dragstrip that has a public day. You can use their parking lot and do your judging there. Just give times of when judging starts and stops. Try and find a local autox or speedway that has a public day the next day, again give times beginning and end people wll make up their own minds with what they want to do just don't have two events happening at the same time. Let people figure out their own accommodations and be responsible for nothing other than selling t shirts and judging. Say meet at this restaurant this day at this time. This and the last Maxus was over planned imo and demanded too much of the enthusiasts who then get pissed off or don't bother even showing.

Just give times and places and let the chips fall where they may.

Big Props for setting it up. Sorry Maxima owners acted like they usually do. Just look at when a new product comes out. Everyone say yeah i'll buy it, product comes out, no one buys it. Same with Meets I went to a maxima meet with 40 signed up, only 10 cars showed. Surpised? Nope, just what I expected.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 07-31-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:52 PM

Although you may have some good points I think your logic is flawed...

Nebraska is just an example since it is centrally located for east and west coast. That means Cali, Fl, NJ, NY, southern Texas all have about the same amount of driving to do... According to Aaron, the Kansas meets were great and, in my quick google maps search, it would put the far corners of the country at nearly identical distances from the meet point...

Also, not having a hard plan for Maxus just seems like a disaster as well. Aaron had it planned out enough you could have probably saved up to the nearest $25 for the trip... Telling someone to find their own everything and plan their own meals and show up when you wanna just sounds like an easy cop out for anybody to take... They will show up come to one event then veg out the rest of the time... We are a community, a family if you will, and we should all stick together...

It does suck that the Maxima community has died down or grown into a low budget, kids first car, honda mentality kind of group... I love Maximas and I would drive almost anywhere to go see 100+ cars from all over... It only seems fair to me to make it equally accessible to everybody...

right?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
Although you may have some good points I think your logic is flawed...

Nebraska is just an example since it is centrally located for east and west coast. That means Cali, Fl, NJ, NY, southern Texas all have about the same amount of driving to do... According to Aaron, the Kansas meets were great and, in my quick google maps search, it would put the far corners of the country at nearly identical distances from the meet point...

Also, not having a hard plan for Maxus just seems like a disaster as well. Aaron had it planned out enough you could have probably saved up to the nearest $25 for the trip... Telling someone to find their own everything and plan their own meals and show up when you wanna just sounds like an easy cop out for anybody to take... They will show up come to one event then veg out the rest of the time... We are a community, a family if you will, and we should all stick together...

It does suck that the Maxima community has died down or grown into a low budget, kids first car, honda mentality kind of group... I love Maximas and I would drive almost anywhere to go see 100+ cars from all over... It only seems fair to me to make it equally accessible to everybody...

right?
The Maxus I attended was done in that way, everyone got their own rooms, did their own thing for dinner and it was a successful event. There were events planned and those that wished to attend simply paid for those specific events. No one was required to buy a specific "package". Just as it was mentioned before, the Maxima community is cheap, myself included and paying a certain amount for events/ items one is not interested in is definitely a turn off. I know based on my past experience we still did things as groups, just in smaller groups and on our own so we still acted as Maxima community/family.
It was fun going out on our own and seeing sights and etc. We even did a quick trip to the mall and even Brian Cattman joined us and none of us had to worry about missing out on certain events we had previously paid for and etc.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Addicted to the Org

Most all of the 4th and 5th gen drivers, should have their cars paid off by now. You mean to tell me that the reason people didn't show was because of money?

Hell, I showed up in my G35 and I was disappointed to find out that basically nobody showed up.

Almost everybody could have sacrifice 1 weekend for this event. It just shows how many people on here can talk a good game and not back it up. One example is how everybody says yea I'll buy this new product when someone makes it, then when the item becomes available, everybody hides in a hole.

I just don't understand
Old 07-31-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by maximized98
Most all of the 4th and 5th gen drivers, should have their cars paid off by now. You mean to tell me that the reason people didn't show was because of money?

Hell, I showed up in my G35 and I was disappointed to find out that basically nobody showed up.

Almost everybody could have sacrifice 1 weekend for this event. It just shows how many people on here can talk a good game and not back it up. One example is how everybody says yea I'll buy this new product when someone makes it, then when the item becomes available, everybody hides in a hole.

I just don't understand
I had surgery today......I couldnt make it even if I had planned
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Addicted to the Org

I know you are an exception Brad. I know how bad you were wanting to go, it would have been cool to see you again.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by maximized98

I just don't understand
Maybe, Im not sure. But some people have more expenses then a simple car payment.
H#ll, Texas Nissans throws a yearly meet/show and last year they required everyone attending to pay a certain amount. When they saw a huge drop in interest they changed the requirment and simply stated if you didnt pay you had to park in a different lot.

Quick Reply: Maxus 2012: Houston