1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

For those who think it's cool to speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Charles Bisel

For those who think it's cool to speed

To those of you who think it's cool to speed and drive recklessly, read this:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=141587

-C-

Old 08-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok yes this is true.

First he wasnt driving recklessly. Mings car is a Show car so he wouldnt drive fast in it. He was driving regularly and the car lost control. He didnt state he was Racing or driving fast. I know him personally I met him when I lived in Atlanta, Ga. But yeah guys just think he was driving the speed limit maybe five over and all this happened. Imagine what speeding couldve done or even racing. It could have taken more lives including his own.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:22 AM

What I don't get is how he tried to swerve out of the way and still hit the truck. Sounds like he was speeding too fast.

Anyways, not to flame Ming or get everyone ****ed at me, it's cool that he did it on a country road, but you gotta think about where you're putting your ride to the test. I say highway not roads, and highways if there is no traffic.

Good thing he is okay, but we're looking supremo jail time and/or fines if that jogger doesn't pull through or if the county/city presses charges.

-A
Old 08-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Charles Bisel

There's no way he would have lost control of his car if he wasn't speeding. I know that he didn't directly say that he was speeding, but I wouldn't either if I just spent 3 days in jail and was facing vehicular homicide charges.

You have to look at the evidence in this situation, not the person who was driving the car. I don't care if it were an 80 year old driving some old Grand Marquis, I'd still say he was speeding.

Assuming he were driving the speed limit or even 10 miles/hr over, if the road conditions attributed towards the accident, wouldn't other people have lost control of their car too? He was coming around a bend and just happened to end up in the opposite lane and then he couldn't move back over into the other lane. Unless he was having some major steering malfunction, bald tires, or blown out struts, that kind of problem only happens when you take a bend too fast. And if he has all kinds of money to spend to turn his Maxima into a show car, I highly doubt that he would overlook simple mechanical issues. Remember, he cautioned us against speeding, not overlooking the maintenence of our vehicles. It sounds too me like he's feeling guilty for what he's done. If it weren't his fault, why would he feel guilty about it? Sure, he'd feel sorry for what happened, but he wouldn't feel guilty.

He himself could swear up and down that he wasn't speeding, but until he gives a legitimate reason as to why his car ended up head on against a truck and he couldn't move his car back over into the right lane, the only plausible reason is that he was driving too fast and the tires lost grip of the road.

I understand that he's your friend and if you want to defend him, you have every right to do so. But I think someone needs to defend the jogger who was killed too.

-C-