1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Value of 1986 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 04:46 PM

Value of 1986 Maxima

After having huge problems with my car and it finally dying, I am so sad about still. I decided to donate it to the poor. The car was in excelent condition outside and inside. It had a new clutch and ran pretty well. It had a small problem so it wouldnt start, the fuel wouldnt get into the engine. Its a 1986 Maxima SE 5 sp manual.

Since I donated it to the poor I am wondering how much can I write it off for a tax rebate. So I was wondering if there is any websites that show how much its worth, or if you guys can give me some suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

Brian
Old 10-14-2002, 11:43 PM

I think the answer is going to be unanimous, you should go to

http://www.kbb.com

aka Kelley Blue Book. Glad to hear that you're donating, not much generosity these days...

-A
Old 10-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by avalon42
I think the answer is going to be unanimous, you should go to

http://www.kbb.com

aka Kelley Blue Book. Glad to hear that you're donating, not much generosity these days...

-A

I hate to be on the opposing side of your decision, but I think you wanna check out the recall Nissan had with fuel injection for the 86 Maxima. Also, I would check for clogged fuel lines and see if your fuel pump has kicked the bucket. Not to diss on the unfortunate peoples in the world, but I've seen someone darn near give away an 89 Volvo 740 GLE in fair condition to a "needy" family, and the guy who received this "gift" is now walking to work because they drove the poor thing to the backyard, and set on cylinder blocks due to extreme neglect. Needy people tends to cherish such generosity from people such as yourself and hence they take very good care of it within their ability. If you give it away or sell cheaply, be careful who you give it away to. Honor thy Maxima: it has done you well..........
Old 10-18-2002, 11:37 PM

Well

Well here is the deal, I checked that, we had lots of fuel, I spent the entire summer working on it couldnt figure it out, it had some major electrical problems. I had to go off to college and my dad didnt want me to leave it around. I did however use the Kelly Bluebook but in the condition of my car, and even put my engine as needs replacement etc. and it said I still had a good condition car and it was worth $1810 so I was happy about that. My dad is going to write it off as a tax write off then I will get the money he saved, around $500 or so. Anyways I am going to buy a truck instead an old Toyota, (need a truck to compete in car stereo its better) so then I can get some good records man.

Thats my 2 cents.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Well

Originally posted by 86MaximaSE
Well here is the deal, I checked that, we had lots of fuel, I spent the entire summer working on it couldnt figure it out, it had some major electrical problems. I had to go off to college and my dad didnt want me to leave it around. I did however use the Kelly Bluebook but in the condition of my car, and even put my engine as needs replacement etc. and it said I still had a good condition car and it was worth $1810 so I was happy about that. My dad is going to write it off as a tax write off then I will get the money he saved, around $500 or so. Anyways I am going to buy a truck instead an old Toyota, (need a truck to compete in car stereo its better) so then I can get some good records man.

Thats my 2 cents.

Okay, my friend. Hopefully someone will put her back into shape and on to the road. Just don't get mad if you see it again running as if was brand new.: Some dude around here keeps telling me that the Maxima I am driving was his and how his wife got suckered into selling it in Georgia by a car salesman! Go figure........