1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Vi

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 06:58 PM
I love lamp.

Vi

I dunno any of you here that know iansw. He lives up in Seattle by my place. He has a 97 Supercharged GXE. He was having troubles with his car, so I went up to give him a hand. We found the problem and he took me for a ride. JESUS CHRIST the car was mother ****ing FAST! I sure wish I had a supercharger or turbo right about now! Anyway, he left his Haynes manual in my car. I was looking through it. It covers 93-99 Maxima's. Of course for the VG30E engines, they had both the one in the maxima and the one in the quest. When I looked closely, it looks like the quest motor has a Variable intake on it. Maybe it isn't one because of the engine arrangement, but could it be possible that the quest has VI? If it does, I wonder if we could put it on our cars...another question is, will our cars benefit from VI.

S
Old 02-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good observation. The Question now is was the VI with our style vg30e or the updated 90 and on maxima one. Yeah Ive riden in an sc'd max before. Its hella fast. It was in Atl, jgadlages black 96 he has the V1 I think he was one of the first on the org to SC. Even with four people in that car it was fast. He even had dons VB mod for his Auto. Man it shifts fast and hard.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:10 AM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by max88q
Good observation. The Question now is was the VI with our style vg30e or the updated 90 and on maxima one. Yeah Ive riden in an sc'd max before. Its hella fast. It was in Atl, jgadlages black 96 he has the V1 I think he was one of the first on the org to SC. Even with four people in that car it was fast. He even had dons VB mod for his Auto. Man it shifts fast and hard.
Yeah, iansw is running a nice GXE auto. He has Middle East Variable Intake, he has about 300 crank hp. Too bad it was wet out, he had to limit his speed to 65. :P

S
Old 02-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah the one I rode in was before we even knew about the VIs for the 4th gens. So I dont know what that would feel like. I head it one hellofa ride though.