1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

cressidas are better than us?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

cressidas are better than us?

just wondering if anyone else has encountered the "cressida site" www.thermactor.org
anyways, the forums are just full of these stories of "killing the maximas" blah blah blah, its just basically a site putting down other cars, not talkin bout the cressida. Just thought that some other ppl here would laugh at this too!
Old 05-14-2003, 03:27 PM
I love lamp.

Re: cressidas are better than us?

Originally posted by Smiiike
just wondering if anyone else has encountered the "cressida site" www.thermactor.org
anyways, the forums are just full of these stories of "killing the maximas" blah blah blah, its just basically a site putting down other cars, not talkin bout the cressida. Just thought that some other ppl here would laugh at this too!
lol, if they were so good at killing maximas....why aren't they around anymore and the maxima is? :P The last rendition of the cressida may pose a problem to the second gen, but from what I see, the cressida is a grandpa car. :P
BTW, your link doesn't work.

S
Old 05-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Charles Bisel

Yeah, I think the Cressidas were very ugly and not sporty at all. They did have rear wheel drive, which is the only good thing about them. During the same period that the 2nd gen Max was made, their engines were smaller and weaker, they only had a 2.8L engine that put out 156HP. And they only came in automatics, no five speeds were available.

The '89-92's did put out 190HP though, so they would easily beat the 2nd gen Max and would beat the 3rd gens with the VG engine, but they didn't come with standard transmissions either, so a 3rd gen with a VE would hand a Cressida it's ***, not to mention that it's much more stylish and is the main reason why there are more older Maximas on the road than Cressidas and why the Cressida was killed off after '92.

-C-

Old 05-15-2003, 06:29 AM

my friend has a cressida and he always wants to race me in my maxima. so I gave in and raced him in his cressida and well I kick some a** because in the start I had the lauch and after that my car started to pull away from me.also my car was misfiring and I will never buy accel spark plug wires again b/c of the wires were making my car misfire now I have the factory spark plug wire. so now I want to race him again and he dosen't want to raced again b/c he said he'll lose again. so ya cressida are slow.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:53 AM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by Michael '87 Max
my friend has a cressida and he always wants to race me in my maxima. so I gave in and raced him in his cressida and well I kick some a** because in the start I had the lauch and after that my car started to pull away from me.also my car was misfiring and I will never buy accel spark plug wires again b/c of the wires were making my car misfire now I have the factory spark plug wire. so now I want to race him again and he dosen't want to raced again b/c he said he'll lose again. so ya cressida are slow.
Yeah, if you compare the same year models together, the maxima is superior. Now the last cressida (89-92) was pretty powerful, it had over 30 more (190) hp than the 3rd gen did. The only problem was the maxima a few hundred pounds lighter, and had the 5-speed available. From what I heard, the cars racing would be dead even, with the cressida with a very slight advantage. When the VE SE came in though...the cressida would have it's *** easily handed to it. Though they had the same hp, the VE has more torque, and is still a few hundred pounds lighter so it can easily kick some toyota ***.

S