1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

I know i am new but i already got a Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 11:19 PM

I know i am new but i already got a Q

hey that rhymes....any way yea i'm new....i figured since i bought an "87 i might as well find some place to go in case i had a question or wanted to see what other people do with cars like mine...

well any way i picked up this '87 today....power everything, most of the options, leather....doesent have the adjustable suspension...i think its all stock, i'm not sure since i dont have the history of the car, 157,000 miles but the engine looks brand new / rebulit...super clean engine block...minor boday damage...no pics....yet..ok i am rambling...

we knew this when we bought it but the AC doesent work...compressors shot...which intern brought the price down to a even $2000...i cant find a compressor on the net...i'm about to hit a salvage yard but i dont want to be buying junk so where on the net can i find a new/rebulit WORKING compressor?

i dont care about the price seeing how thats all i am gathering right now....my uncle (head mechanic at a major local shop) said that it'd be about $700 parts/labor to get the same compressor and have it installed or convert it to use new freeon and (friggin tab button) get a brand new compressor...i hope i can get something for cheeper
Old 06-20-2003, 12:19 AM
I love lamp.

Every now and the ebay has something, but you shouldn't always depend on ebay for parts. The other option would to look in salvage yards to see if they have anything. As far as that, just keep lookin.

S
Old 06-20-2003, 12:24 AM

i dont like e-bay...i guess i'll hit a salvage yard...

you think it might be worth to try and rebulid it?...i'm not mechanic, i deal with mostly body work but i can tinker some and it feels like the bearings/bushings are shot
Old 06-20-2003, 08:33 AM
I love lamp.

Definately your call. I've never had a problem with my a/c so I don't know what to tell ya. :P

S