1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Whizzeeels and Sprizzings

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 10:52 PM

Whizzeeels and Sprizzings

Hey all, i was wondering if any of you know a good site to find cheap rims. Because i need to replace my 87 stock wheels bad because they are peeling... yes... peeling! (don't ever spray brakleen on them ) I was also thinking about lowering her a little for handling and looks of course which springs should i use and will it affect the camber enough to have it adjusted? any advice is much apreciated.
Thanx
Old 07-04-2003, 07:07 AM

As for rims, since out wheels are aluminum, the peeling should be the protective coating applied to them. If you would like them to look nice, do a search on the internet for polishing aluminum. Follow those steps, and for the cost of materials (shouldn't be more than $20 - $30), and a little elbow grease, you can make your wheels look like chrome.

As for springs, the general concensus seems to be, ST springs are the safe and easy to find bet. Eibach's were available for a while, but are extremely rare now-a-days. The ST's are not progressive, so they will produce a firmer, harsher ride, and they drop the car about 1", if I remember right. As for the camber ajustment, ANY time you replace / pull your front struts, you will need to have the camber at least checked. There is a camber kit for our cars, but it's the simple kit that replaces the lower strut bolts with some that have lobed shafts, to allow for adjustment.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:19 AM

Here's a link for an picture of an 87-88 wheel that's been polished...

http://images.andale.com/f2/128/104/...159694_max.JPG
Old 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM

yeah i just bought those
ha!