1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:32 AM
2nd Gen Boostinator

4 questions

1. can a turbo be bolted directly onto the vg30e motor is the compression with the turbo too much?

2. i want to install an oil cooler from a european car like a sabb or a volvo is there like a oil pump or a certain location i can splice the connections to install the coolerig there isint a oil pump will this mod be worth it?

3. im thinking of doing an angel eye conversion any suggestions/ information ill need?

4. whatl happen if i install a intercoller without the turbo someone told me that the engine would explode would this count as a super cold air intake/miniscule form of permanent nos?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:25 AM

1. You can turbo an N/A engine. But don't expect crazy levels of boost with the higher cr. You might have to keep an ear open for detonation and retard the timing a little to compensate. You'd also have to do some fabrication to put a turbo onto our engines, there are no direct bolt-on solutions. See KALSC's thread stickied at the top.

2. Can't answer this one, I have no idea.

3. I don't think it would work with our headlights, the textured lenses would make it look like a blob of light. But, 88 and up Chev/GMC pickup lights are very similar in size. You could try fitting those in, they make aftermarket diamond clear and projector lights for them. Might even find some with angel eyes already.

4. I highly doubt it would explode, but I also doubt it would even run. It's no problem when a turbo is cramming air through it, but on a N/A engine it would probably just be a major restriction.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:03 AM
I love lamp.

1) N/A VG's can take boost. 9.1cr helps, and having a really strong bottom end to deal with, 4-8psi is easily obtainable. The motor might even been good to support up to at least 14psi with proper tuning. Use a VG30ET block, and 20 psi range is obtainable. It's all in the tuning really.

2) You could probably run something off the oil filter....but in all honesty....you're probably never going to run the car hard enough to warrant it.

3) Ummmm round angel eyes on a square car....hmmmm.

4) Dude....that is the most dumbest uneducated thing I've ever heard. First an intercooler on a N/A car does absolutely nothing. It just makes path the air needs to go longer. There might be benefit from that....but it's so small it's not worth the screws holding the intercooler in. Second, how does one come to the conclusion a motor will explode if it's N/A and has an intercooler? Obviously whoever told you that doesn't know one thing about cars, let alone boosted cars.

S
Old 01-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Blown

I dont care about 1-3, but 4....hahahahhahahah....wait....hahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahah ahha, please don't do that....that would be a huge wast of money, just run a CAI.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I love lamp.

Carson, I hope you are wearing your depends.....looks like your about to wet yourself from laughing too hard!

S
Old 01-24-2005, 09:36 PM
2nd Gen Boostinator

thanks guys i also had a laugh reading this thanks a lot.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 PM

I is a product for cooling intake temps on N/A EFI engines
its not like a conventional tube and fin or water to air intercooler
its kind of looks like a hotdog muffler about 6-10" in dia and about 12" long and tapers off at the ends it has a pipe running through the center about the same dia as the intake pipes it fits in-line in the inlet tract but after the AFM, it has a hinged flap on the top which allows you to fill it with dry ice
From what Iv heard they drop intake temps dramaticly

Hey Big E-Dog dont get dirty on the peeps that laughed at you, Its not their fault that they have no idea they were born that way
Old 01-25-2005, 07:05 AM
I love lamp.

I can see using that for the track. But from the looks of it, it does nothing for everyday driving unless you can pack dry ice in there on a regular basis. :P Sort of like nitrous versus boost. You can only use it for a certain period of time, while with boost, it's always there. Do you have a link for this product?

S