1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Manual trans mounts PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:16 AM

Manual trans mounts PICS

i am in need of a few pictures of second gen VG30e manual transmission mounts for my swap. i dont have a second gen maxima but im using a transmission from one and will likely have to make mounts for it so if i could see pics of the way the stock stuff works that would help me design ones much more easily.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 PM

even just a picture of the front of the transmission so i can use a few points to locate my engine and transmission and get everything level and square would be awesome.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

what are you putting it in? there is only one on the end of the tranny going to the frame rail

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...iagram=112_F01
Old 02-24-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by vernk
what are you putting it in? there is only one on the end of the tranny going to the frame rail

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...iagram=112_F01
heres my build thread, https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-genera...ed-stanza.html

its a 91 stanza, on the diagram you sent it still looks like there are 2 trans mounts. there is nowhere to bolt a mount directly to the top of my trans, the holes are on the front and back of it so im pretty sure there are 2. i might be wrong tho
Old 02-25-2017, 01:32 PM

well they both are a RS5F50A transmission so the mounts might be the same, that would be the first thing I would check, if they both have the same case and just different bell housings you should be able to just bolt the factory mounts in the same spot and be good to go. I don't remember but yea there could be a front and rear mount it's been a long time since I did the clutch in mine.....
Old 02-25-2017, 01:51 PM

nice build, I will be at the car shop on monday to work on mine, i'll try to remember to grab some pixs for you
Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by vernk
nice build, I will be at the car shop on monday to work on mine, i'll try to remember to grab some pixs for you
i would really appreciate it. i am probably going to level everything out and at least get started putting the pieces together for the mount but knowing where the trans is oriented in the original car would help me out a lot.