1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

question about the 87 SE Trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:24 PM

question about the 87 SE Trim

Since I was looking at a 87 SE model with 5spd, I saw online and it's black, however I could not tell if it had a moonroof, does anyone knows the SE trim always comes with Moonroof as standard equipment or is that considered optional at the time when it was new?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:33 PM

well according to this the wagon was the only one that had it standard but I don't think I have ever seen a SE without one, both that I have owned had them and they were both 5 speed SE 87 and current 85 although my 85 doesn't open like a sunroof it just slides back and doesn't pop up in the back, but there could be a SE out there with out one, I once came across a article on a bunch of different things you will find in a gray market one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Maxima
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 PM

I tried to find out, kind of hard to tell. so I went ahead and bite, I bought it. So matter of time when they deliver it from California, I'll wait and see when she arrives. I'll know if I have one, I hope I won't be disappointed. Stay tune for more, when it gets here I'll be taking pictures.