1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

CAN-Toronto Any 3rd gen so for sale in the gta?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM

Any 3rd gens for sale in the gta?

Unfortunately my car I think may be a write off but I'm hoping to find another 3rd gen locally to buy and transfer my parts after 12 yrs of ownership and alot of time and money invested in upgrades. If I don't find another very soon I may be parting out 😔

Last edited by ac max 92; 08-14-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Title misprint
Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 AM

What happened? Just curious. I know you are capable mechanically so I'm surprised to hear that you have something on your hands that you can't handle. Of course, it could just be an issue of cost/value.

I can relate. My Maxima has been down since May. I've put so much work into it. I finally got it finished on Tuesday, fired it up, and now it has a dead injector. The injector was probably on it's way already and then it sat for 3 months. Now I'll need to remove the intake collector and so on and so on. Wife's patience with me sinking money into a car that still isn't fixed is waning...
Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Well with the frame being bent out of shape from the impact unfortunately that's something that's beyond my means. Check ebay for some remans but if you go with remans go with the jecs. Otherwise i know there are some from China that are very affordable but I'm not sure their quality though I think James and possibly a couple others have tried them without issue yet as far as I know though you may want to check with him on that one. I may have a line on another max here but I'm not sure. The seller is asking a lot so we'll see but unfortunately it's looking grim 😔
Old 08-17-2017, 08:55 AM

Sorry to hear about the struggle with your current Max that was in the accident and your prospects for another 3rd gen Max. I hope you can find something that will satisfy. These cars seem to be getting rarer lately. I don't see very many.

I ended up ordering a fuel injector from Rockauto.com that is supposed to arrive today. I did some searching here and found others were happy with a specific brand so I went for it. I am feeling a little nervous about only replacing the one. I know that some of the others are a bit out of spec at this point. Also two of the injectors are the red top injectors for the VG30DE motor that some mechanic mistakenly installed before I owned the car. Those two cylinders are running rich, I'm sure.

If I had the money I'd throw in 6 brand new ones but it's hard to justify the cost to my wife after all of the other money I have dumped into my Maxima recently. I'm hoping this will get me by for a few months, then I can replace a few more injectors at that time. It wasn't too bad to get it torn down to replace them, but I had everything off last year so I figured all the hoses would come off easily this time.

Last edited by AzureblueZ; 08-17-2017 at 01:03 PM. Reason: changed was to wasn't
Old 08-21-2017, 06:56 AM

If I have a few kicking around I could send you some. I wouldn't ask for much for them but you'd need to cover shipping. That's ofcoarse if I can find em. Are yours square top or oval?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:53 AM

It looks like this:

1994 Nissan Maxima (3rd generation) fuel injector.

I ended up buying 3 new ones total. I did an OHM's test on all of them and the other 3 are still within specifications. Two of those in spec, however, are for a VG30DE. They are certainly running rich. I may already have it tied up before then, however. My buddy is hoping to come over this Thursday and help me put the other 2 new injectors I bought in and button everything back up again.