3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Posting Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 10:45 PM

I got a question... How the heck do you post a pic in your signature so when you post a thread it gets posted with it?

Also, my cars supposed to be going in to the shop tomorrow to get the high flow cat, 2.5" piping, and Naxos Muffler, right now i have a Ractive Muffler, and i am actually happy with it, i like the way it sounds and everythin even on just stock pipes from the cat and resonator.. anyways what should i say to the mechanic whos doin this if hes already ordered the Naxos? should i just tell him i changed my mind and i like the Ractive? cause what i hear, Naxos is't all that good.
Old 12-09-2000, 10:59 PM

Thats really weird but those are the same two mufflers that I owned. I first had a Naxos but I sold it. I really like the ractive and it sounds much better. If I were you I would stay with the ractive like you want. I'm sure that You can work out a deal with the guy and let him know that you already have a muffler you want. If not dont install the Naxos muffler and try to sell it to someone. As lond as it's stainless any rice boy should buy it off you. You might even be able to make some money off the deal. Either way good luck. I wanna get the same type of exhaust on mine soon. Right now I have no cat but I really want to put on a hi-flow cat. Let me know how the install goes and how it sounds. Thanks
Old 12-09-2000, 11:28 PM

Hey i noticed you got NOS in your Max, How is that, it must make it a lot faster huh? How does that work, You flip a switch and it lets the Nitrous in or Something, and is that at all bad for the engine, i've heard both sides but whats your opinion? thanks
Old 12-09-2000, 11:35 PM

Hey the thing is i wanted to get rid of the Ractive Muffler that i got now and get a new one because its rather small and doesnt look good on such a big car like a Max you knwo what im sayin, it would look good on a civic or accord. also in that case i dont think i would have enough for the Y pipe, i think im goin to forget that for now anyway...
one more thing.. should i tell the mechanic that i havent heard such good things about Naxos mufflers, and would like to order a new Ractive? i didnt pay him yet or anything, Think he would get pissed and do a ****ty job?
Old 12-10-2000, 12:38 AM

Well I'm sure that the mechanic would order you a new muffler if you asked. If your lucky it probably wont be in yet by the time you go by to get the exhaust put on. As far as my NOS it works pretty easy. There is a swith that monitors when the NOS is sprayed that is mounted on the throttle body. The switch is mounted so that when tour car is a full throttle it activates. Now there is also a toggle swith that I have mounted near my shifter that overrides the whole system. If this is on then when ever I hit the pedal at full throtle than the NOS will activate untill you back off of full throttle. If the switch is turned off than you can just drive around regularly and the NOS will not activate no matter what. I can tell a signifigant differnce with the NOS. The only problem is that my tranny has never been right since I've had it. The NOS didnt cause the problems though. I had tranny problems way before I had the NOS. I'm getting the tranny swapped to a 5-speed in a week or two and my trobles should hopefully be over for good. With the 5-speed and the NOS working properly the car should be fairly Quick. I'm hopeing some high 13's after the ECU. I guess I'll see how it goes.
Old 12-10-2000, 11:05 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

about the pics.....first of all you gotta scan your pics and then upload them to a site that will host them. i chose photopoint but theres many more. then when they have them up you have to use the [img] and [/img] codes to post them here. but first thing is to get them uploaded on site that will host them.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:30 PM

How much did you pay total for everything with the NOS?