3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

please help im new

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 04:43 PM

please help im new

hey guys im kinda new here and i was wondering if you can help me.
I have a 92 maxi se auto (dont ask me why)but anyways ; My question is when the car is in park and put it in drive it takes like 2 seconds to drop into gear, and it revs up a little and goes back down to a regular rpm form before dropping into drive .The car shifts nice when driving and doesnt slip when shifting. I don't know what is going on. It should'nt be the tranny it just feels sluggish when i put it in drive.
please help guys it would help alot thank you.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I drive a 91' maxima, and I experience the same problem. I've never thought anything or it before, but if there is something wrong, or some way to fix this, I'd really like to know.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: please help im new

If you do a search using the words "tranny" and "bushings" you'll find all the help you need. I'm working on the same problem and am just amazed at the helpful folks here.

Have fun!

Pam

Originally posted by maxi fo life
hey guys im kinda new here and i was wondering if you can help me.
I have a 92 maxi se auto (dont ask me why)but anyways ; My question is when the car is in park and put it in drive it takes like 2 seconds to drop into gear, and it revs up a little and goes back down to a regular rpm form before dropping into drive .The car shifts nice when driving and doesnt slip when shifting. I don't know what is going on. It should'nt be the tranny it just feels sluggish when i put it in drive.
please help guys it would help alot thank you.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:20 AM

Check fluid level and filter..... That happened me after the tranny had been drained for about a week. When I filled it up, it took a couple times before the fluid finnaly got through the entire system and Torque Converter. After about 60 miles, and a few "top-offs" the transmission shifts fine.

Good Luck
Old 09-14-2002, 01:40 PM

mine had this too

i had the same prob with my 89 GXE...i solved it by changing the bushings under the shifter....they kinda wear out after extended use.
its not your tranny itself.

good luck