3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help - Keyless Entry Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 05:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Help - Keyless Entry Code

I just bought a 1992 Max and the dealer didn't have the keyless entry code. Went to my local Nissan dealer and they want $240 to reprogram the thing. Anybody got any helpful hints or DIY instructions?

TIA,

Todd
Old 09-06-2002, 05:47 AM
Banned

Re: Help - Keyless Entry Code

there's a seven digit code that is on a label stuck to the back of the glove box. once you find the code you press the st button then enter the code.you then press the st button again and enter your four digit code. but when you enter the code...you cannot enter:eg.1234
you have to do sumthin' like 1423 or 7146..whatever you choose.
good luck
Originally posted by toddhudgel
I just bought a 1992 Max and the dealer didn't have the keyless entry code. Went to my local Nissan dealer and they want $240 to reprogram the thing. Anybody got any helpful hints or DIY instructions?

TIA,

Todd
Old 09-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

welcome, please use the SEARCH feature in the top right corner
this question (and tons of others) has been asked/answered many times before

anyway, here's the instructions from www.kalebonline.com :

My Maxima has the keyless Digital Touch Entry System, but I don't know the code. How do I set it and operate it?

Ok first get a flashlight and, if your back is stiff, someone more flexible. Open the front passenger door and slide the seat back. Get on your back and with the flash light, look up under the dash, toward your left (this would be on the door's side of the dash). You should see a brass colored box with a wire harness and wires attached to it. You might see a label that says "Digital Touch Entry Control Unit" or something like that. You should also see two or three lines of code on the label. One of the lines should begin with the letter "S". Record the last 7 NUMBERS on that line, that's the master key number (well it should be).

Now, wiggle out of the car and shut the door. Press the button labeled "C"/"ST", where "C" is on the top and "ST" is on the bottom. Now enter the seven digit master key and you should hear a constant tone sound, during this period, enter a 5 to 7 digit entry key, this cannot match the master key. There also cannot be three digits in a row that use the same button, I.E. 909xxx or something like that. After you've entered the code, wait for the tone to stop, press "LCK"/"9|0" to lock the doors (HAVE A KEY READY JUST IN CASE YOUR CODE DOESN'T WORK STUPID!). Now press "C"/"ST" and enter your new code, the doors should unlock, if the doors do not unlock, press the "WDW"/"5|6" key and see if your front windows roll down. If they don't, the code operation didn't work, give me an email or something. If it did, then your door lock timer is fried and you need a new one. You might want to email me on that one too!
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....t=keyless+code

good luck
Old 09-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry for dupe Q, I'm usually a little more aware, but I was steamed at the dealer.

Thanks Much, it worked.

Todd

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
welcome, please use the SEARCH feature in the top right corner
this question (and tons of others) has been asked/answered many times before

anyway, here's the instructions from www.kalebonline.com :

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....t=keyless+code

good luck
Old 09-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by toddhudgel
Sorry for dupe Q, I'm usually a little more aware, but I was steamed at the dealer.

Thanks Much, it worked.

Todd
no problem - first one is free, next time you'll be banned

j/k glad it worked