3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New Pics

Hello, well i bought the mazda rx7 and i been practicing for 2 days and i think i am grtting better, the only problem i am having is to start from stop to first gear and when i try to shift to 2nd and third, the car just bumps, and so i have to work on smooth shifting. Any hints? I also have the Mazda Rx7 pic on too, the new pics are from page 8 - 11, http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=209894&page=8 Thank You all for your feedbacks on the Mazda Rx7 and hope you enjoy the pics.......
Old 12-08-2002, 06:45 PM
CHIMAIRA90

you're trying to learn how to drive a stick? or are the gears/clutch messed up on the RX7? cuz if you're learning how to drive a stick...just practice.

Old 12-08-2002, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by CHIMAIRA90
you're trying to learn how to drive a stick? or are the gears/clutch messed up on the RX7? cuz if you're learning how to drive a stick...just practice.
I am trying to learn how to drive stick and i been practicing for 2 days but i'll keep practicing until i learn, any hints on how i should try not to mess up the clutch or the transmission? Thank you!.....
Old 12-08-2002, 06:54 PM
CHIMAIRA90

well, bro...it's kinda hard to explain hints in typing. just dont pop the clutch like at stop signs. make sure you give it enough gas. you'll get use to it bro. keep your left foot ready to press the clutch at any time. when you're slowin down, don't downshift...just put it neutral and hit the brakes. less stress on tranny. you'll love it when you nail it bro.

Old 12-08-2002, 06:58 PM

well, bro...it's kinda hard to explain hints in typing. just dont pop the clutch like at stop signs. make sure you give it enough gas. you'll get use to it bro. keep your left foot ready to press the clutch at any time. when you're slowin down, don't downshift...just put it neutral and hit the brakes. less stress on tranny. you'll love it when you nail it bro.
all right, Thanx CHIMAIRA90.........
Old 12-08-2002, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Terry28

all right, Thanx CHIMAIRA90.........
OK, here it goes, press clutch and shift into gear without pressing the gas. Then once in gear slowly and steadily release the clutch and press the gas (also slow and steadily) such that you are at the 1K mark on the tach. As you release the clutc the rpm is going to go down, but while pressing the gas try to keep the tach at the 1K mark (try not to get it below that). Slowly your caar will start moving. Just repeat for other gears (minus the 1K tach mark). When you start rolling and lets say your tach gets upto 2.5K, let go of the gas, shift into 2nd (while pressing the clutch), and again slowly release the clutch while pressing the gas slowly. Hope this helps.

Sohaib
Old 12-09-2002, 04:52 AM

. keep your left foot ready to press the clutch at any time..
um that is bad for the clutch.. can you say burning the clutch
Old 12-09-2002, 05:12 AM

Originally posted by crazy4maxima

um that is bad for the clutch.. can you say burning the clutch
Just don't leave your foot ON the pedal. This causes undue stress to the spring.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:21 AM

also its called riding the clutch, its bad just to even lightly press the clutch. i was always getting yelled at when i drove my moms jeep cj5 with my uncle and with sonicdust 4th gen owner.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:34 PM

Thank you all for your reply but i still have some question, can't i press the gas pedal first and then release the clutch or does that mess up the clutch? and when i am going from stop to first gear i am holding down the clutch for at least 5 second, since i am a newbie to the stick, i try to release the clutch very slow and so is that messing up the clutch but when i am in gear and when the car starts moving i don't hold the clutch down. Thank you all for your feedback.......
Old 12-09-2002, 07:43 PM

starting the car up push in clutch all the way down.. put in Neutral presss break if on an incline, then start the car let go of clutch..

to drive press the clutch in and put it into 1st give gas ans while pressing the gas let go the clutch SLOWLY until the car is in motion and let you foot off the clutch.. dont ride the clutch or you will burn it.. when shifting just give it gas just beriefly and push in the clutch all the way and shiftinto the next gear and let go of the clutch until it grabs and gas the car..

it will take alot of getting used to, especially when you stall out alot..

BUT NEVER PUT THE CQR INTO 1ST GEAR UNTIL YOU COME TO A COMPLETE HAULT...

as for downshifting from 3rd to 2nd or any gear just press the clutch and shift gear and release slowly... thats it

but when you get use to the clutch

you will be like this

gas lutch gear release gas and repeat`
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 PM

Key points. Initial contact and full contact of the clutch.
You can hold the throttle steady before and after. Accelerate as the clutch goes from initial to full contact. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
BUT NEVER PUT THE CQR INTO 1ST GEAR UNTIL YOU COME TO A COMPLETE HAULT...
what is the reasoning on this?
Old 12-09-2002, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by mtcookson

what is the reasoning on this?
welli was always told that, and in my uncles old celicait wouldnt shift until it was at a stop..

also keeps the gears from fu(king up...
Old 12-09-2002, 08:33 PM

yeah, my max does that. it won't let me shift into first until about 10 to 15 mph. the way to shift into first while moving however is double clutching. i'm not talking about that f&f BS, i'm talking about truck driving techniques. when going from second to first you put it into neutral rev then put into first and go. works perfectly once you get use to it and it will drop right into gear with no trouble whatsoever. it just takes some practice and is very difficult to get used to at first, just like when learning to drive a manual.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:14 AM

yeah, my max does that. it won't let me shift into first until about 10 to 15 mph. the way to shift into first while moving however is double clutching. i'm not talking about that f&f BS, i'm talking about truck driving techniques. when going from second to first you put it into neutral rev then put into first and go. works perfectly once you get use to it and it will drop right into gear with no trouble whatsoever. it just takes some practice and is very difficult to get used to at first, just like when learning to drive a manual.
Most rigs don't require that and haven't for 20+ years, but yeah you're right Mark. However, with the torque our engine's have there is no need to ever be in first gear unless you are taking off from a complete stop. It's kind of useless, anyway.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:39 AM

i kind of like being thrown in my seat really hard when going around 20 mph but i guess when i get my turbo engine in it will throw me in my seat when the turbo spools up... now i just need to heal up so i can start working on it again.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:47 AM

i kind of like being thrown in my seat really hard when going around 20 mph but i guess when i get my turbo engine in it will throw me in my seat when the turbo spools up... now i just need to heal up so i can start working on it again.
Yeah, let me know how I can help, Mark. Check the X, too.

I've got some ideas about how to make it spool quicker, too. Hurry up and heal!! After Christmas we should get together...
Old 12-10-2002, 08:00 AM

i need a new turbo, preferably t3/t4. do you know of any good low cost places to get one?

what are some of your ideas for quicker spooling? quicker spooling is always good

let me know when a good time would be to meat after christmas and i should be able to meat you.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:02 AM

i need a new turbo, preferably t3/t4. do you know of any good low cost places to get one?

what are some of your ideas for quicker spooling? quicker spooling is always good

let me know when a good time would be to meat after christmas and i should be able to meat you.
I went ahead and e-mailed you. YGM

Give me a call this weekend if you get a chance.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:24 AM

I don't think I'd be MEETing anyone who wanted to MEAT me!!

Old 12-10-2002, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Rungi

I don't think I'd be MEETing anyone who wanted to MEAT me!!

Old 12-10-2002, 01:34 PM

lol! maybe i did that because i had some good steak that night
Old 12-10-2002, 03:25 PM

all right guys, Once again Thank you for your reply and you have all been such a great help.......