3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

bose stereo problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 01:05 PM

bose stereo problems

i have a problem with my stock bose stereo, it seems that when im using the radio most of the sound comes out the right hand side and then when im using the cd most of the sound comes out the left hand side, any ideas?

also the standard back bose speakers dont seem to like high volume bass as they make a strange noise with loud bass notes. Are the speakers just not that great or is there something wrong?

thx for the help!
Old 01-02-2003, 02:16 PM

Re: bose stereo problems

Originally posted by Logan91VE
i have a problem with my stock bose stereo, it seems that when im using the radio most of the sound comes out the right hand side and then when im using the cd most of the sound comes out the left hand side, any ideas?

also the standard back bose speakers dont seem to like high volume bass as they make a strange noise with loud bass notes. Are the speakers just not that great or is there something wrong?

thx for the help!
Just get something else. I had the same problem until i got rid of the stock one and got a sony xplod head unit. Then you be suprised of how load you can get those stock speakers But then I would replace them also. But as far as fixing it check the wires going to your speakers what kind of condition are they in
Old 01-02-2003, 10:16 PM

I too had the same problem. When I was taking my old speakers out, I noticed that I had thumped it so hard that the actual speaker itself ripped!! But, yeah, as said, I'd get a new head unit, because stock really didn't push that much power for me?
Old 01-02-2003, 10:33 PM

I just replaced the head unit with a kenwood 619 mp3 cd player. the bose speakers seemed like they were having a heart attack, making strange crackling noises, and even my front drivers one whining really high pitched at times. so just today i ripped them all out, bypassed the amps, and installed some rockford fosgate 4" upfront, and pioneer 6x9's in the rear. my my, what a difference. all it needs now is a 4 channel amp.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:28 AM
blackonblack

Re: bose stereo problems

Originally posted by Logan91VE

thx for the help!
Just get rid of that Bose system. I've come to realize that, while Bose gives a great sound, it is highly overrated and way too complicated for the amount of trouble it gives through the years. "Each speaker has it's own amp... computer balanced sound... blah blah blah..." when it goes bad, it will take something else out along - a light, a fuse, starter, some relay... Just take it out.

Old 01-06-2003, 07:25 PM

get rid of the bose. my back speakers gave me the same problem...making weird noises and all, and then they just blew, cuz the paper dried out. i bought earthquakes-very nice and good quality, but cheap. remember that they bose are bolted in, and not just screwed in tho.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:13 PM

Replaced the Hu with an AIWA CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 player several weeks ago. Best damn thing I ever did, now I need to replace the speakers. That will come in the Spring, I've got a pair of BA 6.5 Pro-Series from my last car that I had on there that need to go in the Max. I'll also drop a pair of POLK's in the rear with the help from www.crutchfield.com That's where I got the AIWA hu from and they were real helpful. To keep this from being a long post, let's put it this way, the dynamic range of the AIWA blows away the cheap Clarion that Nissan put in my car.