3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

sell my max for a sentra SE-R??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 12:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the question is....

Originally posted by Red93SE

I've got the fastest 3rd gen in my area(low 14s in the 1/4). I've dusted many Camaros(mostly Z28), Mustang GTs, and other things like that. I've never seen a fast SE-R. Never. That's not to say that they don't exist, though. But anyway, my car is FAST and pretty. Just like a lot of other 3rd gens. Don't go dissin the 3rd gens just because one or two are slow.
Hate to tell you... but 14's isn't fast. For a 4 door family car it is..but that is it. IF you want to go fast the se-r is the way to go no questions asked.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

already decided

It sounds like you've already decided really, i am biased as i said but what we think doesn't matter, for one thing you are the forking out the money not us. There isn't really anything wrong with the sentra (objectively of course). IF cost and or speed are the biggest factors, the sentra is the way to go for you. Good luck with the choice!
Old 01-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

final note..
GET WHAT YOU WANT TO GET..DON'T ASK PEOPLE WHO YOU DON'T KNOW TO DECIDE FOR YOU. IT'S YOUR CAR..YOU WILL BE DRIVING IT...NOT US!!!
Thank you,
Management
Old 01-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I've got the fastest 3rd gen in my area(low 14s in the 1/4). I've dusted many Camaros(mostly Z28), Mustang GTs, and other things like that. I've never seen a fast SE-R. Never. That's not to say that they don't exist, though. But anyway, my car is FAST and pretty. Just like a lot of other 3rd gens. Don't go dissin the 3rd gens just because one or two are slow.
this post is worthless without timeslip/dyno/video.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:02 AM

In your area eh? Hate to open your mind to new thoughts and ideas, but there are quite a few 'areas' in the country. While 14's might be enough to handle business in your 'area', in other 'areas' you would look like chicken sh*t. But that's okay if you plan to continue sticking to your area. The reason you've never seen a fast se-r yet is because you only stick to your area, where there are none, duhh.

There are numerous se-r's in 12's, even 11's. When you get there, then you can talk about fast.

No, I'm not 'dissin' the maxima. I live in a little place called reality. The skill and time and money it would take to make a maxima as fast as a modified se-r most people don't have. Of course there are a few, but it still remains just a few.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:01 PM
whiteve

well i have both.the max is no doubt more comfy and has a hell of a lot more top end than my se-r.but the se-r will stay beside my ve for first,second and a little of third.both are very excellent cars to me,thats why i kept my max.but as it was said before,i'd rather do repairs to my se-r than my max.the parts are just so much cheaper.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:13 PM
rustangkilla

update:

Finally got out and drove the car today, pretty nice but I don't think this is the one to buy. Boy does it move though, much much faster than my max. Could not get it to lean through the corners if I wanted it to. I still will get one, just not this one

Old 01-06-2003, 05:22 PM
whiteve

Re: update:

Originally posted by rustangkilla
Finally got out and drove the car today, pretty nice but I don't think this is the one to buy. Boy does it move though, much much faster than my max. Could not get it to lean through the corners if I wanted it to. I still will get one, just not this one
what was wrong with it that made you not want to buy it?

Old 01-07-2003, 10:03 AM
rustangkilla

Well it had a really unusual whine when it got started up that scared me. Also the paint was getting a little sunfaded. It was gray, like my car and I would prefer not to have another gray car, its just too plain. It seemed to have a rough spot around 4k rpms, I couldn't say for sure though.

Old 01-07-2003, 10:04 AM

the driver has to connect with the car...he might not have felt anything between her and him....when youre buying a car, I always look to connect with it...if its the car for you..you will

wow...*looks at what he just wrote* I sound like a psycho
Old 01-07-2003, 04:13 PM

well i have both cars. i have a 92 maxima SE 5 speed and i have a 92 sentra SE-R. when my transmission messed up on my max, i was forced to drive my se-r everyday. after driving my se-r, i decided to mod it up because i love driving the se-r. i love driving the se-r a lot better on the street than the max. but the max is much better to drive on the highway. i have put headers, cams, flywheel, pressure plate, intake, cat and exhaust on my sentra now. it is so much fun to drive.

if you do decide to go with the se-r, i would say go for a turbo. sr20det or you have other optoins as well. www.sr20deforum.com is a great site.

they are two different types of cars. the max is great and all, but is hard to drive it the same way as the se-r. its a little to big. but i love my max. to bad i have to sell it. i am going to keep my se-r and buy an automatic for my girlfriend so she can drive my baby around. due any day now.

do what you want. but i say that you will not be disappointed with the se-r.

Laly
Old 01-07-2003, 04:18 PM

With all the above said, I still like the Maxima body style better.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:21 PM

here is a good link for ya.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/january03/dexter/