3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

electrical problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 08:52 PM

electrical problems.

I have electrical problems that have been escalating on my 92gxe. It all started about 2 years ago. The power locks works when they want to work. The dash lights go out at night and when you cycle your light switch on/off they come back on. My hazard and A/c push button switches lighting is inop 95% of the time off. Sometimes they are fine.The sun roof works hardly ever. But sometimes it's has no problems .my rear window defrost I believe is on 24/7. the switch never lights up when I push the switch and in the mornings my window auto defrost. Now my cruise control push button and side mirrows defrost pushbutton back light is inop. The cruise works fine. My highbeam left head light works when it feels like it. I've tried everything except the Alternator. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:31 AM
babbsrw

Re: electrical problems.

Originally posted by cspangg
I have electrical problems that have been escalating on my 92gxe. It all started about 2 years ago. The power locks works when they want to work. The dash lights go out at night and when you cycle your light switch on/off they come back on. My hazard and A/c push button switches lighting is inop 95% of the time off. Sometimes they are fine.The sun roof works hardly ever. But sometimes it's has no problems .my rear window defrost I believe is on 24/7. the switch never lights up when I push the switch and in the mornings my window auto defrost. Now my cruise control push button and side mirrows defrost pushbutton back light is inop. The cruise works fine. My highbeam left head light works when it feels like it. I've tried everything except the Alternator. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your problem sounds much worse that mine was. A new alternator fixed my slow windows, slow wipers, dim lights, Pioneer CD player powering off and on.

I also fixed some intermittent problems (clock dim, bright lights not coming on) by pulling the electrical connects near the battery apart and spraying them with electronics cleaner. I then put di-electric on the connections before hooking them back together. Stopped the intermittent clock/bright light problems. Cheap try, both available at any automotive store.

I know there is a fix to the clock that includes re-soldering the back of the clock. Just cleaning the connections near the battery and putt the di-electric on them brought my clock back. Strange electronics.