3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

the honda/acura people know it too

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 12:44 AM

well, its the truth no matter how much you deny it or think its not true, a stock 5th gen stock will stomp a stock type r. i have proof off of the new article of the turbo magazine, i will try to scan it tomorrow if i get my stupid scanner to work. but you people who read that magazine you will see an article talking about project maxima by stillen and in their article the praise the maxima and talk about how a stock 5th gen maxima can rip a new hole in the type r. when you think about it, it very logical and nothing surprising at all. i have a 3 gen maxima and beat a 99 vtec prelude (i dont know if it was a real vtec, could have been a sticker) and i have also beaten regular integs and some gsrs too. but mines not stock of course, i have intake and exhuast but theirs wasnt stock either. when all is said and done, for freaking sure we dominate the civic and accords and when you see a stock (you are screwed if its mid to heavily modded) reg integ, gsr, or type r...dont be scared cause your car stock or modded will make them eat your exhaust.
Old 01-05-2001, 12:53 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I suppose you have a VE 3rd gen right......

cause ain't no way the good 'ole VG (like my own) is coming close to beating a NEW "lightly" modded GSR. them SOBs are mighty quick and the Ludes are kinda quick too especially the new 99 Vtec's. but VEs can give comp without a doubt, but us VG boys especially the autos will need a couple mods IMO, probably a full exhaust and maybe a CAI!! VE guys, always bragging about their 190hp and higher topend, so......!

Originally posted by nodoubt711
well, its the truth no matter how much you deny it or think its not true, a stock 5th gen stock will stomp a stock type r. i have proof off of the new article of the turbo magazine, i will try to scan it tomorrow if i get my stupid scanner to work. but you people who read that magazine you will see an article talking about project maxima by stillen and in their article the praise the maxima and talk about how a stock 5th gen maxima can rip a new hole in the type r. when you think about it, it very logical and nothing surprising at all. i have a 3 gen maxima and beat a 99 vtec prelude (i dont know if it was a real vtec, could have been a sticker) and i have also beaten regular integs and some gsrs too. but mines not stock of course, i have intake and exhuast but theirs wasnt stock either. when all is said and done, for freaking sure we dominate the civic and accords and when you see a stock (you are screwed if its mid to heavily modded) reg integ, gsr, or type r...dont be scared cause your car stock or modded will make them eat your exhaust.
Old 01-05-2001, 08:44 AM
STFU n00b!

Who really cares if we can outrun any friggin Honda we want?!
the prelude and Integra were designed as a affordable, sporty, econobox. the Maxima is a luxo-sport SEDAN. they were designed for totally different purposes and markets.
if you wanna compare apples to apples, compare the integras and preludes against sentras and altimas.

you're also comparing a late 80s design Maxima with a late 90s design Honda. there's a LOT of difference in technology and design in 10 years.

Go throw those integras and preludes against a 4th or 5th gen and see what happens. but then again, you're comparing apples to oranges.. a light, 2 dr sporty car with a tiny engine against a heavy, 4dr family sedan with a big engine
Old 01-05-2001, 04:08 PM
MSK

Matt is absolutely right. I do not even consider Civic or integras or corollas, Like Matt said, These two cars are in two different catagories. Why are we even compairing Civics with Maximas. I always thought it was a car for school kids. I would like to see a comparison between Maximas and V6 camry or legend. which are pretty much the same class.

MSK

Old 01-05-2001, 05:15 PM

5th against an ITR???

It all depends on driver skills in the Type R. 2 of my closest friends have one...a 98 and a 2000. I ride with them all the time because my VE can't even hang with them. These R's stay side by side with Cobras....I have hours and hours of home videos to prove it. I've met other guys with R's who run mid 15's in the 1/4....these guys probably have the same skills as those magazine drivers because they're losing to 5th gens. I race 5th gens and they get me by 3 cars. The itr's leave me like i'm sitting still. My buddie's r's dial in 14.5 stock....this is in the Tx heat too with consecutive runs. With a full dump exhaust and intake, it ran 14.2. I use to thought the r's weren't so fast until I meet up with good drivers. You can't bash the ITR in general....just those drivers who run 15's in them. As far as handling, cornering, highspeed, and braking, I wouldn't even make a comparison.
Old 01-05-2001, 05:19 PM

V6 Camry Auto

runs 8.0 0-60... This is a 97 and whatever other years this incldues...So it's about the same as the VE. 96 Mazda 626 V6 runs 7.8 0-60 w/Manual I think. Thats our class comp guys.

PJ
Old 01-05-2001, 05:27 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: V6 Camry Auto

VE 5-sp has been down to 6.7 sec by one mag but is usually under 7.2 or so in the mags. Autos run in the 8.0 range I think.

Originally posted by speednsound007
runs 8.0 0-60... This is a 97 and whatever other years this incldues...So it's about the same as the VE. 96 Mazda 626 V6 runs 7.8 0-60 w/Manual I think. Thats our class comp guys.

PJ
Old 01-05-2001, 10:27 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

"nismo rules!"

yeah ok...sure...what the hell does nismo do for us...do they develop parts...hmmm...

trd does a helluva lot for the toyota guys....

Old 01-05-2001, 11:13 PM
davis449

I would have to agree with Matt, but only to a certain extent. Yeah, I believe that they are in different classes and shouldn't really be compared, but when one of those rice boys comes up and starts talking ****, then I will gladly compare. There's a guy that rolls around here in a purple Civic riced out as **** ( I mean 5" exhaust, Chinese writing, and VTEC stickers, the whole nine yards) and and he was laughing his *** off when I pulled up to the light and wanted to race, I never saw the look on his face after that cause I was so far ahead of him. The other thing is, I've never raced a GSR or a Type R so I wouldn't know, but I think a modded VE Maxima could hang. I've raced riced out Preludes too and left them in the dust, but if they're modded, watch out. In my opinion, we dominate our class. I haven't met a stock 4-door car in our class I couldn't beat. I've even raced modded Accords and they're slow.

Old 01-05-2001, 11:14 PM
davis449

I would have to agree with Matt, but only to a certain extent. Yeah, I believe that they are in different classes and shouldn't really be compared, but when one of those rice boys comes up and starts talking ****, then I will gladly compare. There's a guy that rolls around here in a purple Civic riced out as **** ( I mean 5" exhaust, Chinese writing, and VTEC stickers, the whole nine yards) and and he was laughing his *** off when I pulled up to the light and wanted to race, I never saw the look on his face after that cause I was so far ahead of him. The other thing is, I've never raced a GSR or a Type R so I wouldn't know, but I think a modded VE Maxima could hang. I've raced riced out Preludes too and left them in the dust, but if they're modded, watch out. In my opinion, we dominate our class. I haven't met a stock 4-door car in our class I couldn't beat. I've even raced modded Accords and they're slow. The last thing is I agree I wish we had something like TRD backing us.

Old 01-06-2001, 02:06 AM

damn rice boys....

I'm gonna say this...I seriously hate those mother*******!!! My friends with the type R's hate them even worse. They can't park their R's anywhere without knowing that one of those gimps have ripped off the red Acura emblem....they're $60 each from the dealership too. They take the emblems and stick on on their ghetto *** crx's and fake R's, etc....and they'd put them upside down....because they're cool.....It's very irritating. I'm Asian, and these punks are giving my kind a very, very bad rep and ruin it for everyone else. They make it as where it isn't worth owning a nice import. Having a well known import...such as a type R, isn't very easy. Every where we go...someone out there has to prove themselves...all the riced cars who would rev up on the oncoming lane, all the j bodies who think they're really something, probes, neons, eclipses, gt's,..all that! It makes me glad to have a maxima where it's a decent speed import, and it's sleeper as hell where sometimes, you can surprise a lot of those riceboys who don't know crap about maximas. It's too bad that after they know, they'll mess with you.