3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

carbon fiber trim kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

carbon fiber trim kit

what company makes a carbon fiber kit for the max. I just got a piece that goes aroung the guages but I wont put it on untill i find a trim package thet goes with it. thanks.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

kit... www.woodtrim.com

gauge bezel... www.ebay.com

check my site for pics
Old 02-24-2003, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
kit... www.woodtrim.com

check my site for pics

Old 02-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

kit... www.woodtrim.com

check my site for pics
woodtrim is the best quality and I would recomend them but they changed their design from the regular CF (what chris and craig have) to a twill CF which doesnt match the bezel they sell on ebay but looks closer to the hood finishes.

I got a kit from edash because it was cheap and offered a lot of pieces but the quality isnt as nice as the woodtrim. The weave is kinda loose. It doesnt look horrible but its just not as nice as the woodtrim set.

I will post pics in a little while. but until the you can look at Chris' or Craigs to see the quality of the woodtrim kit.

I had a sample sent to me from woodtrim and it is definately different from the gauge bezel...I had gotten a bezel from procarparts and but traded with craig since his was the twill type but the rest of his kit was the regulat type. The reason I did is because the sample I got from edash was the twill type so I figured if we traded then we would both match...but my kit came in today and it is a regular type weave so now I dont match. I think I am going to hang onto it though since I am probably going to sell my kit and get a woodtrim kit since I am such a perfectionist.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Pics pics I wanna see pics. I am gonna get the gauge bezel from procarpart.com so the woodtrim wouldnt match with it would it? Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Kevincleff
Pics pics I wanna see pics. I am gonna get the gauge bezel from procarpart.com so the woodtrim wouldnt match with it would it? Thanks
that's the combo i have. now that gauge pod you picked up is going to seem really out of place. that's why i went w/ black
Old 02-24-2003, 06:47 PM

now that gauge pod you picked up is going to seem really out of place. that's why i went w/ black
Damn, damn, damn I guess Ill line everything up and see before installing man

Thanks Chris
Old 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

OK I know it was long post so it might have been missed but the NEW woodtrim kit is a different weave than the procarparts bezel.

The new woodtrim kit is a twill weave. I sent the sample to Craig and he saw the difference from his kit to the NEW woodtrim kit.

Of course the sample that edash sent me was a different pattern than what they actuall kit was so who knows.

I put pictures up of my CF kit on page 5 of my homepage.

not the link in my sig but the one over there <------
Old 02-24-2003, 11:54 PM

ok I'm still confused, I think you said the woodtrim kit will not match the pro car bezel, but the e dash kit will? if not which kit does match the guage bezel. THanks so much for the input.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:50 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by MadMax92
ok I'm still confused, I think you said the woodtrim kit will not match the pro car bezel, but the e dash kit will? if not which kit does match the guage bezel. THanks so much for the input.
The NEW woodtrim kit will NOT match the bezel but it is the best quality. You might call them and ask them if they can still do the old style they used to do.

I personally like the twill design that the new woodtrim kit is better except it doesnt match the bezel procarparts sells.

The kit from edash isnt near the quality of the woodtrim but it does match the bezel and has a lot more pieces. I dont think its that bad but as picky as I am I should have gotten the woodtrim kit. I want the weave to be perfect and the edash kit is a little loose (hard to explain) but the average person probably wouldnt notice it.

My advice is this: if you are a perfectionist and want the kit to be perfect then call woodtrim and ask them if they can do the plain weave still or if they just do the twill weave.

email them and they will send you a sample.

but if your are just an average person and want a nice cheap dash kit that has a plain weave like the bezel then get the edash kit.

here is an example of the 2 different weaves so you can see the difference. The Procarparts bezel uses the plain weave and the NEW woodtrim kit uses the twill weave.

plain weave

and

twill weave

it these pics dont work go to this site
carbon fiber sheets
Old 02-25-2003, 07:19 AM

Sweet thanks mike. Those pics make a huge difference.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:28 AM

thats exactly what I wanted to hear thanks alot