3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finished Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finished Conversion *pics*

I had a broken passenger side headlight so i figured what better time to do the conversion. I got the lights and 6 bulbs (4 stock) for $65 shipped. Let me know what you think.

<----A few more pics on my homepage.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:58 AM

Re: Finished Conversion

Originally posted by Mike92GXE
I had a broken passenger side headlight so i figured what better time to do the conversion. I got the lights and 6 bulbs (4 stock) for $65 shipped. Let me know what you think.

That is bad dude. Looks clean and even!! Always a plus. I wish I could afford that but I want VE so I will just save my money.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:16 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Looks like @$$... J/K - it looks really clean. I've got the same thing, though. What kinda bulbs did you get for yours?
Old 03-16-2003, 04:37 PM

Re: Finished Conversion

Looks great! Where did you get the lenses for $65?? Also what bulbs are you running in them? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:07 PM

I went to the bimmer forum and just made a post that i was looking for the E36 headlights and the offers came from everywhere. Everything from $120+ shipping to $60 +shipping. I just waited for the best looking lights with the best price. I'm using the lights that he sent, 2 street glow in the lows and stock sylvania's in the highs. I have a video but i don't know how to host it so you all can see it. If someone could help me out i'll show you guys the vid. I think I'll be getting the sylvania silverstars for the highs but i'm not in a hurry to spend any more $$. I appreciate your comments, and if anyone has a 92 GXE FSM shoot me an e-mail.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Are there diffrent model E36 headlights? Is there a specific year that will fit a 94 GXE? I remember seeing someone post that they purchased a set that didnt fit? What fog lights did you use? I like the look, not too fond of the OEM like square ones.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 10:47 AM

I went to the bimmer forum and just made a post that i was looking for the E36 headlights and the offers came from everywhere. Everything from $120+ shipping to $60 +shipping. I just waited for the best looking lights with the best price. I'm using the lights that he sent, 2 street glow in the lows and stock sylvania's in the highs. I have a video but i don't know how to host it so you all can see it. If someone could help me out i'll show you guys the vid. I think I'll be getting the sylvania silverstars for the highs but i'm not in a hurry to spend any more $$. I appreciate your comments, and if anyone has a 92 GXE FSM shoot me an e-mail.
Whats the URL for that bimmer forum
Old 03-17-2003, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by 89sks

Whats the URL for that bimmer forum
bimmerforum.com

Originally posted by 94M@X
Are there diffrent model E36 headlights? Is there a specific year that will fit a 94 GXE? I remember seeing someone post that they purchased a set that didnt fit? What fog lights did you use? I like the look, not too fond of the OEM like square ones.
Thanks
I believe that it is the ZKW german spec glass lights that don't "fit" I've just got some old piaa's that I had on a previous car until i can find a new set that i like. I don't really like the look of the stock fogs either.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello
What model year E36 lights fit for the conversion?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by wgilbert
Hello
What model year E36 lights fit for the conversion?
Thanks
I believe they are like 92-99. You will know them if you see them
Old 03-17-2003, 10:04 PM

bimmerforum.com
dis dont work.. well for me
Old 03-17-2003, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by HYPE_MAX

dis dont work.. well for me
you have to put http://bimmerforums.com
Old 03-17-2003, 10:08 PM

you have to put http://bimmerforums.com
ic u 4got the "s" on forums b4
Old 03-18-2003, 09:25 PM

The E36 lights look pretty sweet. I would definatly be interested in a copy of the video. If I had my own site I would definatly host that video. Damn but for 60 beans, that is friggin cheap. Do you know if they make the E36 lights with the glowing eyes (like in the new bimmers)?
Old 03-18-2003, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by 90MiGhTyMaX

The E36 lights look pretty sweet. I would definatly be interested in a copy of the video. If I had my own site I would definatly host that video. Damn but for 60 beans, that is friggin cheap. Do you know if they make the E36 lights with the glowing eyes (like in the new bimmers)?
I've been looking and i was told that the DDE (Daylight Demon Eyes) won't work on the US spec lights. Only the ZKW lights, which are bigger in everyway. I'll email you the video. I couldn't open it with windows media player, but quicktime worked alright. Many people were ready to sell for $70 and this guy was the first to say 65 and that it included shipping. No one should be paying too much more for a set of lights that are probably be sitting in some guys garage collecting dust. I can't believe it when the people, who already have a new set of lights, try and sell their old discarded ones for more than like 80 bucks.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:16 AM

looks very nice.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:18 AM

I've been looking and i was told that the DDE (Daylight Demon Eyes) won't work on the US spec lights. Only the ZKW lights, which are bigger in everyway. I'll email you the video. I couldn't open it with windows media player, but quicktime worked alright. Many people were ready to sell for $70 and this guy was the first to say 65 and that it included shipping. No one should be paying too much more for a set of lights that are probably be sitting in some guys garage collecting dust. I can't believe it when the people, who already have a new set of lights, try and sell their old discarded ones for more than like 80 bucks.
I would greatly appreciate if you could e-mail me that video. If I do atempt to install the lights, I hope they would look as nice as your car. I was also wondering If you changed the wiring for the headlights(thicker wire)?
Old 03-26-2003, 10:52 AM

its not DDE its called daylight angel eyes. they do work if you have the right ones. dwyer used to have them before he sold his max. they are the glass units not the plastic ones. i they were like a few hundred for the set. they were alittle bit big but you could get around that... they were sweet here is the link to his page..

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...3&cat=25&val=1
Old 03-26-2003, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Turbo91max
its not DDE its called daylight angel eyes. they do work if you have the right ones. dwyer used to have them before he sold his max. they are the glass units not the plastic ones. i they were like a few hundred for the set. they were alittle bit big but you could get around that... they were sweet here is the link to his page..

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...3&cat=25&val=1
Well I did my homework and didn't just get on here talking about someone else's car. Here is the link to the Daylight Demon Eyes website where you can buy the Daylight Demon Eyes.

DAYLIGHT DEMON EYES FOR E36 BMWs

Like I stated before YOU CANNOT DO THE DDEs ON THE US SPEC HEADLIGHTS. I feel like my entire post got repeated. Did i not say that you had to have the glass lenses and that they are bigger? Didn't i state that they didn't "fit" as in there will be a need to modify something to get them in. I'll leave it at that. THe video that i have is just how the lights look after installation. If you would still like to see it shoot me an e-mail. Oh, and i did rewire the headlights. I used an old 3 prong extension cord and a few relays to complete the setup. Runnin 80w and 100w bulbs now.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:02 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Well I did my homework and didn't just get on here talking aobut someone else's car. Here is the link to the Daylight Demon Eyes website where you can buy the Daylight Demon Eyes.

DAYLIGHT DEMON EYES FOR E36 BMWs

Like I stated before YOU CANNOT DO THE DDEs ON THE US SPEC HEADLIGHTS. I feel like my entire post got repeated. Did i not say that you had to have the glass lenses and that they are bigger? Didn't i state that they didn't "fit" as in there will be a need to modify something to get them in. I'll leave it at that. THe video that i have is just how the lights look after installation. If you would still like to see it shoot me an e-mail. Oh, and i did rewire the headlights. I used an old 3 prong extension cord and a few relays to complete the setup. Runnin 80w and 100w bulbs now.
Get 'em, Mike!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Aren't there any issues with the E36 Outer lens being plastic?

I would think it would get yellow or dingy or crack real easily.