3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Some one please answer my brake ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 09:05 PM

Ok fellas here is my problem. I have given much thought about replacing my brake pads with some AXXIS MetalMasters. I know the reason AXXIS MM's are good is because of the metal in them. When I took out my pads out like 2 months ago I noticed that they are all silvery on the inside part of the pad. Does that mean I have semi-metallic pads, or it that the way stock nissan pads look?? No need to change my pads if they are already semi-metallic.

I also need to drain(bleed) my brake fluid because it's very dirty and I'm always having to top the resivoir off. I'm also guessing that I may need to replace some seals or something. Can someone please tell me how to bleed the brakes??

Take care all,
ICE
Old 01-18-2001, 08:04 PM

bump

n/m
Old 01-18-2001, 08:10 PM
STFU n00b!

Uhhh, didn't you get all these answers yesterday when I fed it to you on AIM?
Old 01-18-2001, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Matt93GXE
Yo Matt, Yes you did give me the 411 last night on the brake job. But you know, you can't ever be too sure. I know you gave me precise instructions for the bleeding, but I also wanted somemore opinions on the Axxis pads.

Take care,
ICE
Old 01-19-2001, 06:33 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i'm very confident that whatever Matt tells you is the correct way. discussions on this have been talked about. When you do go to Matt for questions he should be the LAST person u consult. get the info from others first then get in touch w/ Matt. it's pretty insulting when you ask someone for some technical information and expertiste (sp?)but then you turn around and ask others to get a second opinion....sorry. just my $.02.

Originally posted by AKAICEBERG
Yo Matt, Yes you did give me the 411 last night on the brake job. But you know, you can't ever be too sure. I know you gave me precise instructions for the bleeding, but I also wanted somemore opinions on the Axxis pads.

Take care,
ICE
Old 01-19-2001, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by DanNY
i'm very confident that whatever Matt tells you is the correct way. discussions on this have been talked about. When you do go to Matt for questions he should be the LAST person u consult. get the info from others first then get in touch w/ Matt. it's pretty insulting when you ask someone for some technical information and expertiste (sp?)but then you turn around and ask others to get a second opinion....sorry. just my $.02.

Originally posted by AKAICEBERG

Take care,
ICE
I don't know where you get off saying that what I said was insulting. Yes, me and Matt did talk about the brake bleeding and yes he gave me detail instructions. If you go back and read my last post you can clearly see that I wanted more opinion on the Axxis pads, NOT on how to bleed the brakes. FYI, not everyones experience with pads are the same. So unless you have something to add about the Axxis pads then please leave me be.

Later,
ICE

BTW Matt knows that I would never insult his intelligence.
Old 01-19-2001, 02:07 PM
I'm needing a caw

BTW. If you are having to keep topping off your mc all the time, you definately have a fluid leak somewhere. YOu had better get under your car and start poking around. If you have drums in the back, check the cylinders. For the front brakes, check the piston seals. If these seals are leaking, it may soak your pads w/ brake fluid. That would be very bad. Also follow the solid brakes lines to make sure they are not damaged. Also look at the flexible brake hose for swelling and leaks.
Old 01-19-2001, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
BTW. If you are having to keep topping off your mc all the time, you definately have a fluid leak somewhere. YOu had better get under your car and start poking around. If you have drums in the back, check the cylinders. For the front brakes, check the piston seals. If these seals are leaking, it may soak your pads w/ brake fluid. That would be very bad. Also follow the solid brakes lines to make sure they are not damaged. Also look at the flexible brake hose for swelling and leaks.
Thanks Jeff, I have been thinking the same thing. I think my seals are bad in the front. I sure hope there is nothing wrong with the drums because I had them both redone a little over a year ago. I had them turned, new shoes, and new cylinders. Matt said that they can last up to 100k miles if I remember him correctly. Now you have me worried so I think I will check the drums to make sure.

Where are the seals located in the front?? What seals will I need(part #)?? How much? And ultimately, how hard is it to change the front seals??

Thanks Jeff, you take care,
ICE

Old 02-09-2001, 02:50 PM

Hey Ice, let's check this out this brake fluid leak on 2/10; give me call