3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

hi

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 04:36 AM
nightfly36

hi i have a k&n air filter on my 93 maxima se manual,
and a month later my air flow sensor died on me..
anyone having any problems with sensors or. becasue my mechanic told me that it's becasue of the air filter, but please respond if anyone know how to get around it or something, thanks
nicholas

Old 01-24-2001, 10:05 AM
mike_12_27_77

Is your K&N the drop-in type that replaces the stock filter in the airbox or the cone type which completely replaces the air box?

Old 01-24-2001, 11:03 AM
Get Off My Lawn

I've heard this same story before. Ford told my friend his went bad on his Probe becuase of the K&N he had. IMO, I think it may occur in some instances, especially with older sensors. Just replace the sensor and put the filter back on, it'll be fine.
Old 01-24-2001, 09:58 PM
nightfly36

hey mike it's the cone type.. and the thing with that is that the sensor got dirt in it, atleast that's what the mechanic told me, that k&n air filters has too many little wholes that doesn't quite filter the dirt.. thanks
nicholas

Old 01-24-2001, 10:03 PM

oh man... DIRT IS BAD!!!! No wonder's your sensor died on you. Please be careful with the MAF... that is a vital part of the intake system... They are expensive to replace too. I modified my MAF but I recommend NO ONE ELSE DOES THIS PLEASE!! Becareful with aftermarket filters.. make sure you reset the ECU and also make sure that the filter does what it's supposed to do..FILTERS AIR. Be safe.. buy a CAI.. hehe

Originally posted by nightfly36
hey mike it's the cone type.. and the thing with that is that the sensor got dirt in it, atleast that's what the mechanic told me, that k&n air filters has too many little wholes that doesn't quite filter the dirt.. thanks
nicholas