3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Stock Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 11:22 AM

Stock Alarm

I recently broke my key in my driver side door and have been unlocking the door from the passenger side. Everything was good but today the alarm went off and it won't let me start the car. Usually I would lock and unlock the door from thedriver side and it would cut off but I can't do that. Alsi I don't know the code to unlock the car on my 92 Maxima with out the keys. I was wondering if there was a number of combinations I could try or there was a way to reset it. I bought the car from a used car dealer and they didn't have the codes. I really would like to go home toady. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:37 PM
A92se?

Re: Stock Alarm

Originally posted by Dmurry
I recently broke my key in my driver side door and have been unlocking the door from the passenger side. Everything was good but today the alarm went off and it won't let me start the car. Usually I would lock and unlock the door from thedriver side and it would cut off but I can't do that. Alsi I don't know the code to unlock the car on my 92 Maxima with out the keys. I was wondering if there was a number of combinations I could try or there was a way to reset it. I bought the car from a used car dealer and they didn't have the codes. I really would like to go home toady. Thanks in advance.
You didn't mention having a spare key, but if you do-I'm not totally sure if this works, but once you unlock the door from the passenger side to get in...I think you can unlock the trunk then close it to stop the alarm. Please don't blast me if I'm wrong! I'm just trying to help.

Old 06-18-2003, 05:20 PM

Re: Stock Alarm

Originally posted by Dmurry
with your key, just open the trunk directly and the alarm should turn off...

the codes for resetting the key pad are on a metal box right behind your glove box if i am not mistaken...